One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
  • Hey Scott, are you looking to "downgrade" to this piece?? image
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • wybritwybrit Posts: 6,952 ✭✭✭
    A beauty for certain!

Another tale of the MOON show: the Gothic crown I've been watching for two years has been sold to a dealer.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • A classic beauty. That's for sure.

Clankeye
    Brevity is the soul of wit. --William Shakespeare
  • 1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    $4000 for a PR64. That must mean your PR66 is worth around $10,000, Cacheman.

Dimitri should have bought it when you were offering it about 6-8 months ago....

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    imageimage A bit out of my range, but I can Drool.
  • That's one of the nicest I've seen.
  • cachemancacheman Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭

Okay, the reason I'm smiling is because I have approached NEN about a trade for some of my other British George III crowns and BoE's. I haven't heard anything back as yet.
  • SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭
    Well I knew that !

See what you did now Terry? He was just about to be convinced to let his PR62 go for much less imageimageimage
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
    Just heard back from NEN and they are interested in trades. I started thinking that perhaps I would submit some of my U.S. stuff instead of darkside material. U.S. commems and Morgans for a toned Gothic might be the way to go. Anyway, I am supposed to contact one guy and they want me to send them whatever coins I would consider trading for it.

Can anyone tell me if these guys will give me a fair shake? I have never dealt with them and I certainly don't want to take a big hit on the coin vaules in trade. Any prior experience with these people?
  • Cacheman--

I have dealt with Chris at Northeast, who is forum member Nencoin.
    My dealings were admittedly smaller than what you are doing, but I found Chris to be outstanding to deal with.

I offered him back a coin I had purchased from NEN at one point, and he rejected my ask price and made me take $35 more than I originally asked for.

So, in my dealings with Chris and NEN, I give a thumbsup. I trust them and have not been disappointed with the attention given to me or the quick service.

Having said that, you realise I can not guarantee what they may offer you. But, judging from my experience I would be very surprised if you didn't have a satisfactory transaction with them.

Clankeye
    I've had no business dealings with NEN, but I can say that Chris at NEN was extremely courteous and gracious in his giveaway on the Lightside about 6 months ago of old copies of The Numismatist, in which he communicated with me quickly and amiably, and sent a fine copy of a Numismatist from 1943, I believe, followed up by after the fact PMs. Chris is a great guy in my opinion, and I'd personally feel comfortable doing business with them in the future. Whenever I'm in the financial position to do so, they're on my very short list of business associates.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
    Cacheman, are you looking to corner the market on Gothic Crowns?? Or is this one for your AT/dipping experiments....image

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

Gothics are better than $$ in the bank...image
    100% fractional reserve banking at the Bank of Cacheman.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

• ajaanajaan Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I once offered NEN some coins in trade and they offered way below what I wanted for them. I declined, all part of doing business.

As a buyer I give Chris at Northeast the highest marks. Always prompt in answering emails and a great guy to deal with. Northeast is one of my favorite darkside dealers.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Chris and NEN have both treated me great. After providing a few refeerences they send me coins on approval with no problems.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Hey, let's all chip in on Forum and buy that Gothic Crown. I'll keep it for the first year and then pass it on to the next in line. How about it?

Clankeye
  • If we get 10 of us it would only be $395.00 each
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Scott : Great idea to trade of some US coins for the crown. image That's using the old noodle !! image If this happens, how many Gothics will you own?? Three?? image That's a grading set !!!!!!image
    Terry

eBay Store

• Interesting... Only 14 graded by PCGS at this level with 8 higher:

PCGS No: 206439
    Date: 1847
    Denom: Crown
    Variety: Goth-UNDEC
    Desig: PR
    VG-VF: 0
    40: 0
    45: 2
    50: 2
    53: 3
    55: 2
    58: 2
    60: 1
    61: 8
    62: 10
    63: 13
    64: 14
    65: 4
    66: 1
    67: 3
    68: 0
    69: 0
    70: 0
    Total: 65
    My eBay Auctions

Silver Eagle Coin Company Website
    Silver Chinese Pandas, Canadian Maple Leafs, Australian Kookaburras, Mexican Libertads, and Austrian Philharmonics NOW AVAILABLE at Excellent Prices!
  • WOW, 3 '67s?? image
    Terry

eBay Store

You all do recall discussing this same coin about a month ago don't you? At that time the price was negotiable and we had guesses at offers from 3K and up. They've got it on hold now until we see if we can work a deal. Will let you know. S
    We just now closed the deal. I am trading out all of my generic Morgans and most of my early U.S. silver commems straight across for the Gothic. This is all material I was going to sell anyway and after factoring in my time and ebay/Paypal fees it was easy to figure out that I came out ahead in this deal. All the coins I traded were boring anyway. The sweet part of this deal is that I still keep all my darkside materials (BoE's, GIII's, etc.), my key and semi-key Morgans, and a couple of my favorite tab-toned commems. The best part though, I get to add another Gothic to my collection!!! Images will be posted as soon as the Gothic arrives...image
  • JamminJJamminJ Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭
    Hi Cacheman

Sounds like a good deal all around - I 'm happy for you and hope you enjoy it!

-JamminJ
    Way to go, Cache!!! I'm happy you were able to trade your trash for some treasure.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

• It's time for a duplicate giveaway like one of mine.image
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to seeing your pictures of your third Gothic Crown. image You should take one of all three side by side (obverse and reverse).
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    All the coins I traded were boring anyway.

Good on you mate!image
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
  • Can't wait to see some better scans Scott, I'm betting this coin will rival the colors on your 66. image Congrats!!
    Terry

eBay Store

I'm sending out my trade coins today and figure I should have the Gothic in hand by the end of next week. I hope the colors are better than their image and assume that they are since both the images appear washed out. Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait....image
  • What about the duplicate giveaway?
    Bill

09/07/2006
    heh heh, I'll see what I can come up with...image