Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

New Goetz Hindenburg

Snagged this off of eBay this morning:

Seller's remarks:

GERMANY 1927-D (5 MARK) PATTERN BY GOETZ. 35 mm. Designed by Karl Goetz and struck on the occasion of Paul von Hindenburg's 80th birthday. These were made at the official Bavarian Mint, whose stamp appears on the edge. This is by far the nicest I've ever seen or owned. It's a perfect, Prooflike Unc. with amazing rainbow toning. You cannot find a nice one.

Will post my own images when it arrives.
Bill

09/07/2006

Comments

• Options
    oldshepoldshep Posts: 3,240
    Curse You Red Baron!!!! You and cacheman have captured the marketimage
    Beautiful Goetz
    Shep
  • Options
    cachemancacheman Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭
    This nicely toned piece should look good next to the gold example you already own. image
  • Options
    Looks like a huge winner, Cosmic. Look forward to seeing your pictures of it. image

Clankeye
    Brevity is the soul of wit. --William Shakespeare
  • Options
    Thanks guys. If anyone else is looking for this issue there are 2 on eBay right now.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    Very nice.....image

A question. Is anyone else having problems to see the pics instaed of the red X? I have to right clik and show pic as many as 5-6 times occasionally. Is just me?

Becoming informed but still trying to learn every day!
    1-Dammit Boy Oct 14,2003

International Coins
    "A work in progress"

Wayne
    eBay registered name:
    Hard_ Search (buyer/bidder, a small time seller)
    e-mail: wayne.whatley@gmail.com
  • Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Same problem with pictures!
    Dan
    The glass is half full!
  • Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    Good catch! I saw that one and was tempted ... but didn't have time before I left to confirm whether the apparent scratch down the side of Hindenburg's head was real or not.
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just found one of these today... no kidding... I thought it could be a pattern and I wan't sure and I even looked in Krause, didn't see it (for obvious reasons...) How tough is this to find? It is quite an attractive coin... any thoughts?

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    Here's one I sold a bit ago. Hindenburg Medal
    It was a real nice medal. I just couldn't photograph it and get it to look good. It looks bland and washed out in the Ebay ad, but it was just like a brand new coin.

Ray
  • Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    The 35mm examples are reasonably common. Hindenburg commemoratives were quite popular in Germany, so many were sold.
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options
    cachemancacheman Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭
    Again, the K-386 which you are talking about is NOT a pattern but based on the original 5 Mark Pattern (K-387). Goetz was pursuaded to remove the "Fünf Reichsmark" from the original design and restrike new medals for the masses. Over 1 million of these medals were made and the most widely available of the entire Goetz suite. There are few, if any, of the Hindenburg 5 Mark Patterns available.