Home U.S. Coin Forum

My Chattanooga Coin Show Finds

I just got back from the Chattanooga coin show, and it was great! image I found a couple of really neat coins I just had to have. One is an 1826 bust half dollar in raw XF. The other is an 1883 "no cents" liberty nickel in raw XF. This was the one that was counterfeited so much (dusted with gold and passed as a $5 gold piece) that caused the word "cents" to appear! Here is my very first bust coin:

Author of MrKelso's official cheat thread words of wisdom on 5/30/04. image
imageimage
Check out a Vanguard Roth IRA.

Comments

• I thought I would add my thoughts on the show from a collector's perspective:

- By far the most popular items were raw silver Morgan dollars. The slabs were dominated by NGC. Many PCI and SEGS. Few ANACS. Very few PCGS. I didn't see any at all from ACG, NTC, or NCI, which is a good thing.
    - Peace silver dollars were probably the next most popular.
    - Very little gold.
    - Very little interest in Ikes, SBAs, and silver eagles.
    - Much common, popular stuff, i.e., walking liberty halves, mercury dimes, barbers, state quarters, and Lincoln cents.
    - Pricing was very reasonalbe -- better deals than on eBay if you negotiate a bit, and you don't have to pay shipping!
    - Attendance was brisk, and the dealers were very friendly and helpful.
    Author of MrKelso's official cheat thread words of wisdom on 5/30/04. image
    imageimage
    Check out a Vanguard Roth IRA.
  • Sounds like it was a very good show. Congrats on your new children!

Bulldog
    Proud to have fought for America, and to be an AMERICAN!

No good deed will go unpunished.

Free Money Search
  • FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977
    dollardude

Thanks for your take on the show. I'm glad to see the show is still going strong. I was there Friday and the attendance was the best I had seen at a SE show since spring. Congrats on your new additions.

Didn't know you were from the "Hood". Hope to meet you at a future show.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file