Home U.S. Coin Forum

Dipped and cleaned and still he grades it MS 63

Paul in Pine Hill
----------------------------------------
My ebay auctions

Comments

• says its an 's' but its clearly an 'o'
  • BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dipped, cleaned and it looks like it's not Mint State, and still he grades it MS-63.

Such a deal! image
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • And yet he has 100% positive feedback.
    Paul in Pine Hill
    ----------------------------------------
    My ebay auctions

• I think he/she dipped it in NOXON and hand polished it.
    What is money, in reality, but dirty pieces of paper and metal upon which privilege is stamped?
  • darktonedarktone Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭
    I don't see whats so bad about the description? He comes right out and say's it is cleaned and dipped. Heck I routinely get coins in PCGS and NGC slabs that are cleaned and dipped in grades of 60-65. Also he must be doing something right to get 8,000 positives and only to negatives. mike
  • roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can keep a 100% FB rating as long as you refund the money of irrate ex-customers. They are happy to get their money back and most if not all will give you POS FB to be free and clear of you.

That coin is worth XF/AU money. MS63???

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold

<< <i>That coin is worth XF/AU money. MS63??? >>
      that would be my guess of the value also as I would think most dipped and cleaned MS coins end up net grading in this area. mike image
    • Well I hope the buyer needs a 1886 - S from new orleans

he emailed me and said he would fix the pic now it shows the correct mint
      Randy Conway

Www.killermarbles.com

Www.suncitycoin.com

<< <i>Well I hope the buyer needs a 1886 - S from new orleans >>
        Yeah, you got that right! image mike
      • nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
        At least they admitted it is cleaned and dipped.
      • JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
        I bet that was a real beauty a long time ago....
        Some coins are just plain "Interesting"
      • kamehamehaoo - says its an 's' but its clearly an 'o'

Topdollarpaid - Well I hope the buyer needs a 1886 - S from new orleans

Darktone - << Well I hope the buyer needs a 1886 - S from new orleans >> Yeah, you got that right! mike

Odd, on my screen the coin IS an S. Poor picture but it has serifs an a diagonal down from left to right.
      • TassaTassa Posts: 2,373 ✭✭
        I see an S, too. I don't see an MS63, though.
      • Yep, I see an S.
      • That's because they changed the pic after UNDERDOG emailed them about it. Funny thing is, I see no eBay revision...How did they do this without the ebay: date & time revision notification?
        What is money, in reality, but dirty pieces of paper and metal upon which privilege is stamped?
        if the picture is supported at his web site could he change it without a revision being listed?

• << <i>if the picture is supported at his web site could he change it without a revision being listed? >>

Exactly! He would just upload the new pic and rename it to whatever the old one was called.
      • Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,267 ✭✭✭
        I don't know what the problem is, most sellers don't say a coin has been cleaned, they just say MS63.
        "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
      • Funny thing is, someone bought it. Guess there's something to be said about truth in advertising.
      • callawayc7callawayc7 Posts: 303 ✭✭✭
        I don't really see a problem either. As long as he disclosed it as cleaned and dipped, the buyer know what he's getting and will pay accordingly, regardless what the seller calls it (63 or whatever).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
      Emoji
      Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
      Drop image/file