Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

DPOTD Award

Greetings fellow Darksiders...

We should all be pleased with a thread that discussed a sensitive issue in the most professional manner I have witnessed in my entire time that I have posted on the Collectors Universe Forum. The 23rd DPOTD Award goes to oldshep for his thread about what he is a Darksider. The thread created an interest that is refreshing which is reflected by the participation seen in the thread.

Please keep in mind, the purpose of this forum is not to endorse ideas, but just to see that thoughts, knowledge and ideas can be shared among collectors in a friendly, inviting and professional manner that encourages participation. We have seen that in this thread and that speaks for itself as well as the members that participate on the darkside. In terms of what to collect, there are no right or wrong answers... I have been collecting for over 30 years and if I was asked 25 years ago if I would collecting what I am now, I would have laughed then.

Lets all extend our congratulations to oldshep for a job well done...

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

Comments

• Options
    Congratulations, oldshep! image

The winning thread.
    currently owned by 5 Labradors

Blaze - Yellow male b 3/17/93
    Onyx - Black male b 3/7/99
    Duchess - Yellow female mix b 3/12/02 rescued 9/18/02
    Rifle - Yellow male mix b 12/1/02 rescued 8/8/03
    Diamond - Black female b 5/3/05 adopted 8/3/05

First Cam-slam - 9/21/04

My eBay
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    A fine thread indeed. Good job, Shep!
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    Congrats! That is actually the first thread of that sort that I have been involved in that didn't turn into a total pi$$ing match!
    Cecil
    Total Copper Nutcase - African, British Ships, Channel Islands!!!
    'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'
  • Options
    Wow - thank you coinkat!! I am tickled. There was some real good discussion thanks to cladkings involvement and the thoughtful replies from the members. Thanks all!!
    Shep
  • Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    imageimageimageimage
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options
    A job well done, Oldshep! imageimageimage

The thread is an interesting read, no matter what your particular numismatic bent may be.

Clankeye
    Brevity is the soul of wit. --William Shakespeare
  • Options
    Way to go Shep! imageimage
    Vern
    You want how much?!!
    NapoleonicMedals.org
    (Last update 3/6/2007)
  • Options
    The thread was a GIANT - nice one, Shep image

L
  • Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats oldshep image

OT :For the record,as much as I adore the original Walker, I think that the silver eagle is a huge disappointment: the increase of the diameter,destroyed the subtle proportions of that great design by Weinman.
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    imageimageimageimage
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Coinkat, I'm in complete agreement that the thread started by Oldshep is a most professional and insightful one. I most certainly agree that Oldshep is a worthy recipient of the DPOTD award! Congrats, Shep!!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,053 ✭✭✭
    Congrats, Oldshep on an excellent thread! image

Dimitri, I totally agree with you on the US Mint fouling up the 'construction' of these timeless classics. Dittos on the "Buffalo silver dollar"; it should have been the same size, in silver, and nickel........There's no telling what horrors await the Jeff/LP nickel designs. image
  • Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    Oldshep, it clicked, didn't it? Congratulations on a perceptive, valuable, and (as others have stated) very professional thread that did advance numismatic appreciation of a controversial subject.imageimage
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
  • Options
    TTT
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    OpusOpus Posts: 282
    Humor a newbie ... what's DPOTD?

The acroynms are killing me in these forums!

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,053 ✭✭✭
    DPOTD = Darkside Post of the Day.
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Record of DPOTD awards Unfortunately, archived and useless.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,112 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>14. Ajaan October 1, 203 >>

203!!! ?????? I'm not that old. image

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don