Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Do you suppose any 1964 Franklins were struck?

mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭
Maybe there are a handful of proofs hidden away.
National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.

Comments

• Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    let's hope not Mark.image
  • Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You never know, but IMO, I dont think thier was due to the reason being changed in first place. The big hurry to get the laws passed thru to commemerate JFK after his assasination.

Some of the Franklin experts may know this, were a lot of 64 Franklin half dies created, being that Kennedy was shot so late in the year. Nov 22, 63 Usually, dies are in process well before then?

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,487 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Up to a few years ago I would have said no, but given the number of crazy things, like all of these mules, (see this week's Coin World) that keep cropping up ANYTHING is possible.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    foodudefoodude Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭
    Hmmm ... No
    Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.
  • Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being someone who remembers the birth of the Kennedy Half Dollar I would say no.
    All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    This is my opinion, and I could very well be wrong. It is well documented that 1964D Peace dollars were struck, and there have been strong rumors that people have seen them. Therefore I believe that there are 1964D Peace dollars out there somewhere. There is no documentation that I know of, that I have seen, read or heard, that any 1964 Franklins were struck. I haven't heard of any rumors that any have been seen. This leads me to believe that none were struck. image
  • Options
    clw54clw54 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Maybe there are a handful of proofs hidden away. >>

They're not for sale, Mark. image
  • Options
    Here you go: image

Paul in Pine Hill
    ----------------------------------------
    My ebay auctions

• Options
    GATGAT Posts: 3,146
    Seriously doubt it, they would have appeared by now. A couple of years ago a 1964 Peace Dpllar appeared in London that looked circulated. 1964 is now almost 40 years ago and no one is getting younger. If anyone had one they would have cashed in.
    USAF vet 1951-59

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file