Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Some Purchases

Yesterday I looked in the mailbox and found a package from Aethlertheleled.

An AU Polish 10 zylotchiecisndfklfhvb thing from 1932 which was been 'touched up' a bit to make it seem like she doesn't have a couple of acne scars.

And an added bonus:

Big and silvery.

Comments

• Options
    shirohniichanshirohniichan Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭
    Hmmm... Balboalicious!
    Obscurum per obscurius
  • Options
    Great photos!!! I love the Balboaimage
    Shep
  • Options
    Fantastic coins Phil, you should really start to keep them. You could have a great collection.
  • Options
    JohnZJohnZ Posts: 1,732
    Those Polish 10 zlotych pieces are hard to come by in grades higher than EF. They were well circulated.

I have a proof strike of the Balboa - a great coin.

We ARE watching you.

• Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    Wonderful, both!!! image

<< <i>Those Polish 10 zlotych pieces are hard to come by in grades higher than EF. They were well circulated. >>

Tell me about it ... I've been looking for a problem-free BU example for a long time.image
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options
    Cool! GOod job!
  • Options
    Cool! GOod job!
  • Options
    OOPS! I'm stuttering....
  • Options
    Really nice. Love the design on both of them.

Clankeye
    Brevity is the soul of wit. --William Shakespeare
  • Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    The Polish coin is real sweet. Reminds me of Alphonse Mucha's art work. image

imageimage
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    Quit it, Trozau!! You know how much I love Mucha's work!! image

Mucha's currency and postage stamp designs at least made it into circulation in his native Czechoslovakia.
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    Does she suffer from serious acne? Poor girl; the results of a night with Aethelbore image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Trozau, wonderful artwork!!!

And you're right Askari, it's nearly impossible to find any of that Polish stuff in Uncirculated. AU is really difficult.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    harashaharasha Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A LOT prettier than my 1933 10 Zlotych of Jan III Sobieski, from my world coin sampler collection.
    Sr. Balboa does not even merit a spot (no offense to the coin or Panama). From Latin America, there is a host of beautiful Lady Libertys. My personal all time favorite is the Hatiian Gourde of 1881-1895. Lovely and tremendously symbolic.
    Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD
  • Options
    Gorgeous Polish coin.
    Bill

09/07/2006