Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

New German 10 Euro Eagles

Just got these today...

Comments

• Here's the Obverse...
  • Wow - what a great looking set - I really like the German style eagle. Were these ordered on line or through the German mint or?
    Shep
  • Got them from the German E-Bay site!!! Lots of good stuff to be had there and many Sellers are beginning to take PayPal which really makes for a much easier transaction than sending cash or check.
  • How do you get to the German e-bay? I have only used the US version i guess.
    Shep
  • Pretty wild looking, Claus. I like 'em.

Do read or speak German, Claus?

Clankeye
    Brevity is the soul of wit. --William Shakespeare
  • Here is a better shot of the upper right coin...
  • OldShep...You just go click on the big "Ebay Logo" usually in the upper left of the screen and then move the page towards the bottom and you will se "Global Sites" where you will click on the country's site you wish to visit. The German word for coins is "Munzen" so you will have to click on that to go to the coins catagory. Have fun!

Clankeye...My German is very broken as I have lived here for over 40 years. I have the vocabulary of an 8 year old!!!
  • Claus, very nice, I do like them, and Germany's regular circulating Euro as well..

Thanks for sharing..... image
  • Awesome set of coins.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    Nice ... but for some reason, try as I might, I can't seem to get into German moderns.image
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they look cool.
    About how much were they?

If I could get some for a good price (low image ), I would get some just to have...I think they look cool.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• SWEET set! I like em.
    Stacy

Sleep well tonight for the 82nd Airborne Division is on point for the nation.
    AIRBORNE!
  • 1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    They do look awesome, but I don't think they fit into my collecting scheme exactly.

Hi Stacy! It should be easy enough for you to pick these up, right?

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭
    They don't fit into mine either,but your sig icon certainly does ClausUrch image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    Hey Claus, those are killer!
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    I've never been a big fan of the design on the german eagle and less so if it's highly stylised, but the obverses are very nice! These are certainly much more interesting than I thought the average Euro coin would be-am I missing something on the euro coin scene? I thought all obverses were supposed to be similar and the reverses would be unique to that particular country.image
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
  • These are 10 Euro Commemoraives...not meant for general circulation.