Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

This is OUTRAGEOUS!!!!

I can't believe this garbage. What kind of excuse is this? I'm suspended because of concerns to the eBay community? I had another $5,000 in coins listed that were just ended for some reason that I'm not even aware of. This is the last time I'll deal with eBay, I'm fed up with this trash.

We regret to inform you that your eBay account has been suspended due to concerns we have for the safety and integrity of the eBay community.

Per Section 9 of the eBay User Agreement, we may immediately issue a warning, temporarily suspend, indefinitely suspend or terminate your membership and refuse to provide our services to you if we believe that your actions may cause financial loss or legal liability for you, our users or us. We may also take these actions if we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us.

Due to the suspension of this account, please be advised you are prohibited from using eBay in any way including registering a new account.

Please note that any seller fees due to eBay will immediately become due and payable. eBay will charge any amounts you have not previously disputed to the billing method currently on file.

Regards,

Safeharbor Department
eBay, Inc.

Comments

• Options
    What happened? Was there negs before or a mad customer?

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    JohnZJohnZ Posts: 1,732
    Could be any number of things, Brian, that have nothing to do with you. Perhaps a case of mistaken identity? Good luck trying to talk to anyone in person, however. I eventually gave up on that when I had some concerns.

We ARE watching you.

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Brian,

Do you have another eBay user ID?

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    are you sure they axed your account? that same letter has been floating around.....
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    The last email I opened stated the same as this fellow is expressing in this thread. Turned out it's a HOAX.
    What is money, in reality, but dirty pieces of paper and metal upon which privilege is stamped?
  • Options
    No hoax razor. All my auctions have been ended.
  • Options
    bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What Lucy said. I have got that same letter before and my account is moving right along with no problems. Have you tried the account by going through your account name and password?
    Ken
  • Options
    hmmmm...

i've gotten this letter 3 times in the last 7 months...... same exact letter......... nothing happened with me...
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    OH $HIT...EMAIL SAFEHARBOR....IT MUST BE A CASE OF MISTAKEN IDENTITY....image
    What is money, in reality, but dirty pieces of paper and metal upon which privilege is stamped?
  • Options
    Again, it is no hoax. I would not have said my auctions were ended in the first thread if I wasn't sure. I have no auctions up now and I had 26 up this morning...my account says not a registered user when I log in.
  • Options
    that sucks, i hope they will refund all your listing fees......
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
  • Options
    And that's what sucks Lucy. My eBay fees are right around $400.00 right now, which they will of course charge to my account but I can't even get in contact with them on the phone to figure out what the problem is. What is wrong with this company?!?!?
  • Options
    OK..Try this, go in, go to change your user password...change your password(if it allows you) and see what happens....get back to me......image
  • Options
    Doesn't make any sense to me.

Good luck in trying to sort out this mess.

Numonebuyer
  • Options
    tjkilliantjkillian Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭
    Do you have any clue as to why this happened? Disgruntled buyer? Expired credit card? Identity theft?

Tom
    Tom

• Options
    I'm wondering maybe if you didn't pay those fees in a timely manner.... 400 is quite a bit......

they should atleast explain what the problem is..........
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go thru Safe Harbor,that's what there for,and I found them to be very helpfull.There fee is $20.00.Al
  • Options
    Lucy,

My fees are $400 because I just had about $10,000 in auctions end last week. That's just from one week of selling. My fees were $0 before last week. There is no way that is the reason.
  • Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    You had a new account right? Did you make that account before you moved?
    Does eBay have a problem with people putting yahoo payments in the eBay auctions?
    Goodluck.

Brians auctions.
  • Options
    DrWhoDrWho Posts: 562 ✭✭
    Any way to stop payment on the fees, without a 'credit' issue, get their attention? Do you have a lawyer?
  • Options
    IwogIwog Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭
    The reason you were terminated is that you listed personal contact information in your auctions. (your phone number and email address) This is against ebay rules and can be found here:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/privacy-contact.html

I'm sorry your account was cancelled, but I doubt you have any cause of action to get your fees refunded. Good luck. image
    "...reality has a well-known liberal bias." -- Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    Dang no warning? Someone must have been in a bad mood image
  • Options
    Yep, sumthin' happened. Clicked your link for you e-bay auctions and it says "This seller is not currently offering any items for sale.".

Then, when I click your feedbacks, and click on previous feedback auctions, your name says right next to it, "Not a registered user".

Sumthin's squirrely.

Edited to add - I just used the E-Bay contact seller thing to see if that part of it still works. Everything else appears dead, other than your previous feedback.
    Bill Ferguson
  • Options
    Are you joking me? It's a violation to list your own information in an auction? I listed my e-mail address and phone #, people do that all the time!!
  • Options
    Yup, it's not allowed. Someone was apparently mad at you and sent a complaint.
  • Options

<< <i>The reason you were terminated is that you listed personal contact information in your auctions. (your phone number and email address) >>

Thousands of sellers list their contact information in their auctions. That policy refers to publishing other eBay user's information.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    TayTayTayTay Posts: 465 ✭✭
    Even if that is against policy, it hardly seems a reason to be NARU'ed.
    And yet all the moral-lacking sh!ts continue to hawk their fakes, etc.
    I hope this is resolved for you Brian!
    "What are you putting that tape on your nose for?"
    "Exactly."

• Options
    Sounds like they felt you, as a new seller starting out with a pretty decent volume might be one of those hit and run people. Maybe they tried to verify some of your contact info without luck and when that failed they decided to shut you down as a precautionary measure. This is pure speculation on my part and if it is the case, it's obvious they could have handled it differently.

What's laughable is the great lengths they will go to allow the real crooks and scammers stay in business.
  • Options
    Iwog, that MAY make sense, but look at this auction. Here's the same thing from some scammer, and he's still active.

Overpriced scam
    Bill Ferguson
  • Options
    I have a hunch that Tonelover nailed the problem.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options

<< <i>Iwog, that MAY make sense, but look at this auction. >>

Bill,

Iwog is incorrect. See my previous post.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    I don't think they would end his auctions because he's new. There's something technically wrong with his auctions and if it's not email and telephone number, I'm not sure what it is. (yet)
  • Options
    Totally ridiculous..... sounds like Ebay in it's infinite wisdom is either trying to "protect" users from spam by not allowing visible email addresses or (more likely) they are assuming that individuals will make contact and do a transaction without paying Ebay their cut. If they would apply the "no personal information rule" fairly and accross the board there would be hundreds if not thousands of users suspended.....
    Paul Fillmore
    ANA LM5200
  • Options
    I just contacted eBay via telephone with a number that a member gave me, I'll keep the name anonymous. You know who you are and thank you very much. I contacted eBay and they are having SafeHarbor get in contact with me as soon as possible by telephone. They don't understand what happened and can't find a reason why my auctions were ended, can you believe that? We'll see. I will keep you all posted! It's such a shame though, now I have to relist all those auctions even if the matter gets resolved and it's totally embarassing to have to explain that to potential customers and the 84 people that were previously bidding on those auctions.
  • Options
    Again, there is NO prohibition against a seller putting their own contact information in an auction listing. In point of fact, eBay specifically states that it is allowed.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    From Ebay's privacy policy: All contact information acquired during the course of an eBay transaction is considered private and may not be published on any online public area Now, does this apply to my information or information about another user that I may have had a bad experience with? I tend to believe it's the latter, as I have seen feedbacks removed for having contact info in them. I would have to say the policy needs clarification......
    Paul Fillmore
    ANA LM5200
  • Options
    Apparently it is allowed although I can't find their policy that states this. Navigating through Ebay's user agreement is next to impossible.
  • Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,418 ✭✭✭✭
    Good luck Brian-

Errors happen. Maybe eBay mistakenly suspended your user ID. Are there other IDs similar to yours?
  • Options

<< <i>does this apply to my information or information about another user >>

It applies to other users, not yourself. For example, eBay specificially states that a seller can place their eMail address in a listing as long as it does not link to a site, but rather opens an eMail client. One can also put their mailing address or contact phone number in the payment details description or auction listing in order to facilitate payment.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Brian;
    Ebay suspended me some time ago, and for the life of me, I couldn't figure out why. Do you have children? Do they use ebay? My eldest son did, pulled some shinanigans with a seller, and they suspended me.... image
  • Options
    razor,

My entire family uses eBay but none of them that do live with me. The address isn't the same...no contact info is the same.
  • Options
    My user name is my e-mail address. If I rember correct e-bay suggested it as an option when I first signed up. This did strike me as strange when I was contacted as a underbidder after the auction ended by an uninvolved person with similar items.
  • Options
    TopdollarpaidTopdollarpaid Posts: 595 ✭✭✭
    Randy Conway

Www.killermarbles.com

Www.suncitycoin.com
  • Options
    Well cherry, since computers are fallible, it's probably a glitch in ebay's system....Let's try this one...Is your credit card maxed, the one on file at ebay?...image
  • Options
    razor,

The credit card I'm using with eBay is actually my ATM card. It has the Visa logo and I've used it with Yahoo with no problems. I'm extremely good about budgeting and would rather any fees come out of my checking than go through a credit card and pay interest on it. Besides, I would think I'd receive a notice from eBay about my card if that was the problem. There is tens of thousands of dollars in that account alone so no, that is impossible. I've already called my bank and they told me nothing is wrong with my account either, eBay hasen't even tried billing my card yet for those fees and there are no restrictions on my bank account that would limit eBay from doing so. Those fees are only from the auctions that JUST ended last week so they wouldn't even bill me for that anyway until the end of this month I would think. I'll get to the bottom of it and will keep you guys posted...
  • Options
    Debit cards are not the same as credit cards and the fact that it has a visa logo means nothing. Have you ever tried to rent a car with that debit card? Good luck. You can argue till you're blue in the face but you still ain't going to drive away.
  • Options
    It's definitely not the card, you can rule that option out.
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Debit cards are not the same as credit cards and the fact that it has a visa logo means nothing. Have you ever tried to rent a car with that debit card? Good luck. You can argue till you're blue in the face but you still ain't going to drive away. >>

I use my debit card on ebay and to rent cars. They prefer credit cards (rental cars) but they most certainly accept debit cards.
  • Options
    OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mike,

Not all rental car companies accept debit cards...personal experience.

Cheers,

Bob
  • Options
    @*'s. My brother-in-laws friend, another with greater expertise, fully concured...image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file