Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

NumisTrust Corporation (NTC) Grading Service -- Comments or Feedback??

StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
I've seen alot of coins certified in Green "NumisTrust" slabs, and was wondering if anyone had any feedback (good or bad) about their grading service???

Thanks in advance for your objective feedback...

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"

Comments

• Options
    Stuart,

Honestly and for truly... I've had my hands on several. Only one was fairly graded (an MS69 Plat 1/10). The reset were incorrectly graded and one had a true problem coin (cleaning) and was marked as GEM.
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NTC= Capital Plastic with a nicely printed insert.

peacockcoins

• Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    NTC, the new AGC!!!
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    Go to search here on the boards. Type in "NTC" or Numistrust" and click on the us coin forum section. You will see many comments on this company in many differeny threads.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    Numistrust is an extension of satan's realm, as bad as ACG-Accugrade. They are headquartered in Florida (where I live). I see them profusely at local shows. Pure garbage and overgraded by on average two point or more. The heaviest abuse being in AU called MS, and VF, called XF, and XF called AU.
    In otherwords, stay away like the plague!
  • Options
    GATGAT Posts: 3,146
    NTC name says it all, Mistrust!
    USAF vet 1951-59
  • Options
    New Mis-Trust.

Quite possibly the first grading service that is named 100% accurately.
  • Options
    RGLRGL Posts: 3,784
    NTC grades are not to be trusted ... do not buy sight unseen. You may be able to cherrypick some sight seen and then make a profit by cracking and reslabbing at PCGS ...
  • Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very poor grading service. Holders a lot of cleaned, mis-graded, overgraded and problem coins. Even a counterfiet or two.

I advise to stay away, unless you know what your buying, and then be extremely cautious!!!!

A lot of NTC garbage has been coming on the market!!!! I wish people would wake up!

jim d
  • Options
    StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to all of you for providing me with your honest feedback regarding NTC. I will stay away from their coins...

It may be interesting to rank the Grading Services (if we haven't already done that in this forum).

Obviously PCGS & NGC are top tier, with ANACS a likely #3 -- then ???

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>A lot of NTC garbage has been coming on the market!!!! >>

That's because a lot of the rats have jumped the sinking ACG ship and scampered over to NTC. Next garbage slabber on deck is Trugrade with PCI batting cleanup.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Very bad i bought a ms65 gem turned out to be cleaned or whizzed
    Michael
  • Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,131 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is one good thing about NTC.

They can't spot an AH.image
    Larry

• Options
    MJPHELANMJPHELAN Posts: 760 ✭✭✭
    They have no clue how to identify true 5 step nickels. I have seen 4 step nickels get a full step designation! Buyer beware!

Mark
    Mark

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file