Home PSA Set Registry Forum

PSA sample slabs

Excuse me if I am in the wrong forum. This is the only forum with the PSA title, and the question has to do with PSA sample slabs.

Does anyone have any info on how many different kinds of sample slabs PSA has produced and what type of cards were inside? Does PSA give them out often? The reason I ask is because I maintain a sample slab website for coins and I just ran into a 1991 upper deck card inside a sample slab and I would like to add it to my website. I can get pics tonight and attach them here if there is interest. Can anyone help?

Cameron Kiefer

Comments

• mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Dear Mr. Good Guy:

Despite my battles with you and SM1 a few months back on the Open Forums, I have decided to at least help you out a little bit. Hope all is well your way, Sheriff.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • WOW! over 13,000 posts!!

Do you get some type of award from collectors universe?
  • He got to call himself "Sheriff Sample Slab" for 10,000 + posts. Just don't call him "Cam", "Cammy" or the "Caminator" or any other variation. He doesn't like that image.
  • Just call me Cameron.

Thanks for the pic. I know mine is a different card, but don't remember the slab label off the top of my head. I'll post a pic tonight and let you guys know. Any other kinds anyone knows about?

Cameron Kiefer
  • Here is the PSA sample that I have:

Anyone else see any others with different label types?

Cameron Kiefer
  • AlanAllenAlanAllen Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭
    I don't think PSA typically uses sample slabs that say "sample" on them. I have seen them pass out samples at shows, and they are one of two types. The first are regular graded (although undesirable) cards, presumably left over from training or testing new graders. I haven't seen those in 5 years or so, but you couldn't tell them apart from one I submitted myself anyway. The other type is given away at big shows and events, and replaces the slip with an advertisement. Here's one I picked up at the Super Bowl show this January:

Since the PSA slab has never really changed, maybe you could study the changes in flips?

Joe
    No such details will spoil my plans...