Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

bubble mailer vs padded mailer...which do you like better

ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
just a quick post....

we have been using bubble mailers for shipping....does it make any difference to you guys if you get coins in bubble mailer or do you like the padded mailers (stuffed with paper) better.....just wondering if it makes any difference.....wondering if one works better than the other....thanks...
Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com

Comments

• Options
    mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭
    In my opinion, the bubble wrap mailers are better. I have recieved two PCGS slabs that were broken. Both were in padded mailers.
    National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.
  • Options
    I like the bubble mailer. They aren't messy when you open them up and the stuff inside seems to be better protected.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    coppercoinscoppercoins Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭
    Definitely the bubble mailers for the same reasons stated above.
    C. D. Daughtrey, NLG
    The Lincoln cent store:
    http://www.lincolncent.com

My numismatic art work:
    http://www.cdaughtrey.com
    USAF veteran, 1986-1996 :: support our troops - the American way.
  • Options
    I like the bubble mailers, too. They're lighter (slightly) and seem to make the package a little more crush-proof...
  • Options
    I place my coins in a Safe-T-Mailer and place it into a bubble mailer.

Numonebuyer
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    USPS priority VCR tape size box with contents wrapped in bubble wrap.
  • Options
    Most my Ebay sellers seem to like a plain envelope with a 37 cent stamp!!image
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bubble wrapped in a bubble mailer... as cushioned as it gets image

And padded mailers are messy, and heavier, too...
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Most my Ebay sellers seem to like a plain envelope with a 37 cent stamp!!image >>

Aint that the truth!

I always ship in a USPS Priority Mail box with some styrofoam chips. Never had a problem & the box is free!

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    TheNumishTheNumish Posts: 1,628 ✭✭
    The bubble mailers do save money. I used to use padded mailers and when the post office raised rates the last time I switched to bubble mailers. The fees I paid for postage actually went down. I never had anyone complain and never had a slab break.

I put my slabs in a zip lock bag, then put them into a safety mailer and then put the coin in the bubble wrap mailer. I hate when I receive slab coins in a regular envelope. Shows the seller doesn't care about what they sell.
  • Options
    TheNumishTheNumish Posts: 1,628 ✭✭
    Oh yea, the cheapest ones I've ever bought were off of ebay and the quality was just as good as the ones sold at Office Max or Staples.
  • Options
    I use the solid USPS Priority Mailer with a Safe-T-Mailer holding the coins. Never had a problem!!image
  • Options
    ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you all for the fast and interesting responses...I will stay with the bubble....on a side note most items do go in the P1 box with safet mailer..but some of the less expensive little items I would rather ship 1st class mail do save freight....thanks again...great thing about these message boards is the helpfulness of the neighborhood!!!!!
    Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • Options
    michaelmichael Posts: 9,524 ✭✭
    bubble

and just as with butts bubble is always better than padded LOL

michael

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Niether one can be used for sending registered mail!
  • Options

I prefer bubble mailers and this is the best price I've found.

Get the WHITE 4x8 #000
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Niether one can be used for sending registered mail! >>

Unless you are mailing to outside the US. Then a bubble mailer can be shipped via Registered Mail.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Niether one can be used for sending registered mail! >>

but I think you can use Priority Boxes, even if the item is going at First Class postage with Registered...
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    wayneherndonwayneherndon Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭
    You can ship Registered in a bubble mailer but most POs require that it be completely wrapped in brown paper tape.

WH
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    I highly dislike the padded ones. They are impossible to open and Not make a mess.

Bubble all the way.

My PO has let me get away with Registered on a bubble mailer as long as it has about 5lbs of tape on it!image
  • Options
    foodudefoodude Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭
    I had one Postal employee tell me that the PO insurance does not cover damage (e.g., running the envelope through a sorting machine and crushing what is in the envelope) if the contents are not protected by bubble wrap, or are in a envelope lined with bubble wrap. They still will take the insurance $, but just won't payout if the contents were damaged w/o bubbles- Not saying this is true, that"s just what I was told.

Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.
  • Options
    Bubble, only way for me.
    Proud to have fought for America, and to be an AMERICAN!

No good deed will go unpunished.

Free Money Search

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file