Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Franklin AT or real toning

First red flag PCI holder. But here's where things are getting interesting it's red label but it says rainbow toning only. Therein lies my dilema AT or real?
Linkage

Comments

• Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    i saw that one..... work of the notorious aswimmer oven baked coins.....

at flag alert is very high......
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭
    that coin sucks

K S
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭

<< <i>that coin sucks >>

I AGREE!
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    As my learned colleagues have stated - it sucks! image
  • Options
    100% AT
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    Market unacceptible, at, ugly, badly done, chemically applied, heated or toasted, fugly....
  • Options
    I start to get pissed off when I see this, then I think, this guys making me money by lowering the population of problem free coins! He seems to use the nice ones too!
    You can fool man but you can't fool God! He knows why you do what you do!
  • Options
    dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭
    RELAX fan-of-moderns, i mean, wallstreetman, it's not a pcgs slab, ya know.

K S
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Even though I hate AT coins, out of principle, I do think this one has a reasonably attractive tone to it.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    The red label means PCI believes the toning is bogus. Amazing that they actually caught one. I wonder if Turdcoin2003 realizes that's what the label means?

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,918 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The red label means PCI believes the toning is bogus. Amazing that they actually caught one. I wonder if Turdcoin2003 realizes that's what the label means?

Russ, NCNE >>

How could he? He doesn't know anything about coins...
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BAD COIN! image

Please don't encourage the animals by feeding them money for doing this. image

If PCI says it's bad you know it stinks.image
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    uofa1285uofa1285 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭
    Red label should have a written disclaimer on it. Not many folks will know the distinction and it will sell for more! image
    Visit my eBay Store to see my (mostly) overpriced Rainbow Toned PCGS/NGC coins! IshopCoinShows4You
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    AT

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file