Home U.S. Coin Forum

ANOTHER CRIMINAL TOO STUPID TO LIVE

In Cottonwood, AZ. just the other day, a "gentleman" purchased parts at an Auto-Zone using four 20 dollar gold pieces. The guy behind the counter told him, after accepting the double eagles, that if he had more that he could get more money for them at the Coin Shop.

The clerk then phoned the police and Kim, the owner of the shop, and warned him about this guy. Kim kept the guy busy until the cops arrived and busted the guy. His car was FULL of coins and stuff from local burglaries.

The guy was busting them out of slabs to spend them at face value. I will try and get a local newspaper with the story to post it here in full.
J.C.

imageimageSee ya on the other side, Dudes. image

Comments

• twodogs,

As I like to say: Education is the cure for ignorance, but lack of common sense is terminal.

njcoincrank
    www.numismaticamericana.com
  • gsaguygsaguy Posts: 2,425
    That's what my dad would call, 'dumber than a sack of hammers'.

GSAGUY

Serves the idiot right.
  • relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

I'm surprised the clerk would even think they were legal tender.

They usally get all shook up when you try to pay with SBA's or a SAC
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Stupidity is the single greatest natural selector that exists on the planet. It is not a crime to be stupid, but it is often fatal (in more ways than one)!

Serves the jackass right - I hope they can identify all of the coins and the homes that he broke into and he gets all that he deserves! I also hope tha the has made no contributions to the gene pool....
    Cecil
    Total Copper Nutcase - African, British Ships, Channel Islands!!!
    'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'
  • BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well at least the guy wasn't totally stupid. He was able to read on the reverse that the coins were worth $20.00.

I've run into a few people when I showed them coins who said, "Is that an American coin? Is it worth something in American money? Could I spend this?"

Now that's stupid! image
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Maybe he can get a job at Pcgs cracking the regrades outimage >>

His handling makes me think he could print the coins nicely, too image
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Its possible that he is related to the "Ignoramous Maximus" who robbed a bank and wrote the hold up note on the back of his deposit slip, which had his home address. The FBi and Sherriff's agents got a real laugh over that one.

• critocrito Posts: 1,735
    "Well at least the guy wasn't totally stupid. He was able to read on the reverse that the coins were worth $20.00."

I sold an ounce gold eagle and the buyer complained because it said $50 on the reverse. image Thought I ripped them off charging $280, my cost. Was my own mother to boot. image That'll teach me.
  • HadleydogHadleydog Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭
    << Maybe he can get a job at Pcgs cracking the regrades out >>
    His handling makes me think he could print the coins nicely, too
    Beautiful, Jeremy!image

• Link to the Darwin Awards honoring those who improve the human gene pool by removing themselves from it.

Mike

Darwin Awards
  • jharjhar Posts: 1,126
    I was going mention the Darwin Awards. LOL

I wonder how much of that collector's collection he "Spent" before he got caught?
    J'har
  • 1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    "Stupidity is the single greatest natural selector that exists on the planet. It is not a crime to be stupid, but it is often fatal." --ccr

LOL!!!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22

• << <i>'dumber than a sack of hammers'. >>

or a box of rocks...
  • I had to bring this back to the top since I am now a proud owner of one of the Saints that were cracked out of NGC MS-63 slabs.

Please note the scar across the obverse from the guy digging the coin out of the broken plastic with a knife blade.

imageimage
    J.C.
    *******************************************************************************

• Like shucking an oyster.
  • K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
    So any news on the perp? How many years did he get? What a maroon!

• << <i>So any news on the perp? How many years did he get? What a maroon! >>

I don't know. I'll have to ask next time. The Police released all the merchandise and the owner decided to sell to my local coin dealer. At least the ruined coins...
    J.C.

• K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
    I can't imagine how that collector feels. When I think of someone ripping off my Morgans and destroying them to yank out of the slabs to spend at face value, it gives me the creeps. Guess that's why I keep my expensive ones at the bank.
  • jeffnpcbjeffnpcb Posts: 1,943
    Did his name tag on his shirt give him away!image

That is like the TV show. Maybe he will become the main spot on it!image
    HEAD TUCKED AND ROLLING ALONG ENJOYING THE VIEW! [Most people I know!]

NEVER LET HIPPO MOUTH OVERLOAD HUMMINGBIRD BUTT!!!

WORK HARDER!!!!
    Millions on WELFARE depend on you!
  • Just think, if the guy had been armed, put up a fight with the cops and had been shot to death, he not only would have saved thousands in tax dollars, but would have made the Darwin awards t'boot!

Craig
    The Rede we live by: If it harms none, do what you will.
  • nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>'dumber than a sack of hammers'. >>

or a box of rocks... >>

Or a coal bucket
  • This story isn't true..............is it? Geez.
    www.jaderarecoin.com - Updated 6/8/06. Many new coins added!

Our eBay auctions - TRUE auctions: start at $0.01, no reserve, 30 day unconditional return privilege & free shipping!
  • mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭

<< <i>So any news on the perp? How many years did he get? What a maroon! >>

Will probably get some kind of program because he was diciplined once when he was a child.

TP
  • mnmcoinmnmcoin Posts: 2,165
    Hey, if it weren't for stupid people, the liberals wouldn't have anything to do.

morris <><
    "Repent, for the kindom of heaven is at hand."
    ** I would take a shack on the Rock over a castle in the sand !! **
    Don't take life so seriously...nobody gets out alive.

ALL VALLEY COIN AND JEWELRY
    28480 B OLD TOWN FRONT ST
    TEMECULA, CA 92590
    (951) 757-0334

www.allvalleycoinandjewelry.com

• << <i>This story isn't true..............is it? Geez. >>

Unfortunately, it is true.
    J.C.

• Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536

<< <i>Or a coal bucket >>

Ok, I don't get it. What's dumb about a coal bucket?

• << <i>

<< <i>Or a coal bucket >>

Ok, I don't get it. What's dumb about a coal bucket? >>

next time you see one, ask it to work out some alegbra for you. image
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather did, as opposed to screaming in terror like his passengers."
  • Linda Vester on FOX News has been doing a little spot at the end of her show each day (10:00-11:00am PST) featuring such criminal idiots. I think it's great how she's speading the word just how dumb some of them are.

One of the 1st was a drunk driver who called 911 while police cars were trying to pull him over. He wouldn't pull over for fear of being arrested. They had a video from one of the police cars rolling while you heard the guy talkin' to the 911 operator. When he side-swiped one of the patrol cars, the exhcange with the 911 operator had me ROTFLMAO!! He finally crashed his pick-up into a tree or pole while trying to pass one of the patrol cars on the shoulder.

The other day, she feature the robery of a barber shop down in southern Ca. Seems three punks hit the easy mark, beating the owner, taking the $, and stealing his SUV. Police found the abandond SUV shortly later. Under the seat they found a camera, which they immediately had the film from it developed. There on the film were the three perps, posing in the SUV. They were posing for mug-shots within two hours of the robery! image
    FULL Heads RULE!
  • Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536

<< <i>next time you see one, ask it to work out some alegbra for you. >>

So it can't work alegbra, I find it very a very smart thing to have when your working with hot clinkers.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file