Home U.S. Coin Forum

Updated sample slab website. Do you guys think this will help?

I have been updating my website (with the help of airplanenut since he is my webmaster) and today we added at the bottom of the page a scrolling screen telling what samples were added in the last week or so. I think this will really help for those who frequent the site and just want to know what slabs are new. Any other suggestions that may make the website better or more useful?

www.sampleslabs.com

Cameron Kiefer

Comments

• How about a What's New page with links to the new stuff instead of a scrolling thingy? Just a suggestion...
    Time sure flies when you don't know what you are doing...

CoinPeople.com || CoinWiki.com || NumisLinks.com
  • airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That doesn't sound like a bad idea- would it also help to have a link that scrolls to that part of the page (ie, it says a new update was the PCGS 6.1 slab... should there be a link direct to where the PCGS 6.1 is on the PCGS page?)

Jeremy
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • I think it would be a great navigational idea to have the link on the what's new page go directly to whatever the New Item is. But, that makes more work for the poor and always underappreciated webmaster to put in all the anchors. image

<< <i>I think it would be a great navigational idea to have the link on the what's new page go directly to whatever the New Item is. But, that makes more work for the poor and always underappreciated webmaster to put in all the anchors. image >>

Oh, just a little snipet of code image

And I think Cameron appreciated my services very much... all he can do is tell me "take your time!" By the time he's done saying that, I've finished the update image

Jeremy
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Nice website. I will keep an eye out for you guys at shows. Sometimes dealers will offer these to me in bulk lots at $5/piece. I have come accross some interesting ones, like PCGS 1964 dimes. One dealer had ten of them he was selling for $50.00 as a bulk lot. I can't remember his name, but I will keep an eye out at shows.

• << <i>Oh, just a little snipet of code image >>

Shhhhhhh! Don't give away all the secrets! image

• There is a Canadian grading service called ICCS. I don't know if they put out a sample slab or not. Their slab is a solf vinyl type and is unique in that regard. Have you heard of them?
  • I have heard of them and they are in the slab book, but I haven't heard or seen any sample slabs by them. Have you?

Cameron Kiefer
  • No I have not, but I wonder if they have a website. Maybe you should do a Google search for ICCS, and see if you can contact them.

<< <i>No I have not, but I wonder if they have a website. Maybe you should do a Google search for ICCS, and see if you can contact them. >>

If you find another company, then I have to set up a whole new page, and update the links on each page image

Just kidding, Cameron... I don't mind image

<< <i>Shhhhhhh! Don't give away all the secrets! image >>

Did I say snipet? I mean paragraph of item-specific code that can't be copy/pasted... whatever came over me? image
  • Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536
    I don't believe ICCS has a website and their slab style is not unique, several other firms use the same type holder style. I have never heard of or seen a sample slab from ICCS.
  • It needs a picture of Sheriff Sample Slab. image
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • ICCS now has a website at http://www.iccs.ca/.
  • rottnrogrottnrog Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

Great addition to the website, but links to new additions would be nice!!

• rlawsharlawsha Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭
    I would prefer a link that points to a page of updates. It would be much faster than watching a scrolling list of items. The link could be added to the bottom of the left hand side. This would also lessen the clutter that can sometimes accumulate on a web site. you could still draw attention to the link by making it a different color or bolding it.
  • Thanks guys. This thread is a year old. The box has little arrows you can click that speeds up the scrolling so you don't have to sit there and wait.

Cameron Kiefer

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file