Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Ok I am not planning on joining PSA so what happens

when I reach my 90% completion? DO I have to join to use them ?( free grades) Or will PSA do me a favor and let me slide?

James
x

Comments

• VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    You can transfer the ownership of your set to someone who is a member. Then they can take advantage of the four free grades. I'm sure that they will give it back to you after PSA grades the cards. image

(Dang typo)
  • KING KELLOGGKING KELLOGG Posts: 1,157 ✭✭
    Boggsie

Just send all your cards to me and I'll submit them for 'ya...

How hard could it be ??? The invoice would say Wade Boggs, Wade Boggs, Wade Boggs, about 300 times....A $1.99 rubber stamp would work just fine, I think.......ha......

Keep sluggin' away James...

Larry
    I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!
    Alas, it would be the shame involved in submitting such an invoice that would stop many from helping him.
  • will you still be able to log on to these message boards?
    www.LloydWTaylor.com
    Vintage Baseball Cards
    Sales and Ebay Consignment Service
    email
    Lloyd_Taylor_Vintage_Cards -- on Ebay
  • message board and registry should still be free
    but Boggs makes a good point for those who are
    not members...

glad I joined already!
    imageimage
  • boggs301012boggs301012 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭
    KK

Regarding my invoices I write Boggs once and draw a line stright down each invoice. Problem solved to bad you cant fill in the blanks and print them from the net. I am submitting a MATT WILLIAMS for my daughter.

Vargha

Sorry to say I just crossed you off my christmas list. I almost had enough to get that 51 MICK for you in a PRO .01

Loyd

Dont give PSA any ideas.

JAMES
    x
    Damn! That was the last Christmas list I was still on.
    VARGHA

You must have been awful bad this year. Hang in there. Theres what 5 months left. It would take alot though you put down my man (figure of speach) Maybe Santa will bring you a few 75's if you good.image

Back to the thread

I will probly call them later. An answer here is unlikely.

Jamesimage
    x

• << <i>to bad you cant fill in the blanks and print them from the net. >>

Yes you can... I do that all the time...
    it allows you to fill in the card #, name, type, etc.. all the boxes...

it even lets you "check" the credit card boxes,
    and return mail choices.....
    you just can not type on the
    LINES like the CC# and expiration....

~jeff
    imageimage
    The fields truncate, however.
    FYI

I called a few hours ago. No response to my VM as of yet. Ths 1st person was clueless. Not a big deal. Mostly Curious and I am sure they havent givent it thought.

James
    x
    FYI
    I called again yesterday. I was put on hold and VM again left my name and # again NO response. I will not call again.

James
    x
  • carkimcarkim Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    when I reach my 90% completion? DO I have to join to use them ?( free grades) Or will PSA do me a favor and let me slide?

James,

I can see two points to your question.

First of all, I would think that you would have a PSA membership to use your free grades. From what I can see so far (from PSA) is that they are combining Collector's Club and the PSA Registry. In the past the Registry specials were open to everyone. I believe that the use of the REGISTRY will still be open to everyone free of charge, however benefits, such as free gradings, will be limited to PSA members. (I COULD BE WRONG)

Secondly, "will PSA do you a favor?", it is possible. Especially if you reach your 90% (Although I thought it was 75%) goal soon. If it takes you 6 months to complete, then that would be a different story.

Finally, I would like to add that just because you left a Voice Mail, doesn't mean that you are being ignored. The individuals may be on vacation. Think positive. image

Good Luck with your set.

Carlos
  • Carlos is correct with the 75%. I just finished reading the benefits part of the registry.

1 free grade for sets of 1-50 cards when you reach 75%
    2 " grades 51-150 cards
    3 " for sets of 151-300
    5 free for sets of 301+
    Note* you must contact**** setregistry@collectors.com**** and receive a authorization code. No free grading without the code.

John/mx'er

BTW....Carlos, have you ever been to the motocross races at the fair grounds????

90% was a guess on my part. I really dont even want them, just curious for future reffrence and it crossed my mind. I am in Customer service if I cant anwer a customer question I will call and atleast aknowledge to question and give them a time frame when I can answer the question.

motocrosser

Thanks for the info.

james
    x
  • carkimcarkim Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    Moto,

If you are talking about the Jefferson fair grounds, the answer is no, but I did watch some of the demolition derby. image

James,

Sorry I couldn't be of assistance.

Carlos
  • TipemTipem Posts: 881

No soup for you!!!!!!!

Vic
    Please be kind to me. Even though I'm now a former postal employee, I'm still capable of snapping at any time.
  • DhjacksDhjacks Posts: 343 ✭✭
    I just re-read the psa benefits section which goes over the free grading when you reach 75% of the set. It goes on to say that your freebies must be to grade cards within that particular set. I didn't realize that requirement and figured there may be others also.
    Working on 1969 through 1975 Basketball.
  • Ok I am not planning on joining PSA so what happens?

James

Simple, two burly thugs will appear at your front door and beat the cr*p out of you. Trust me, you'll end up getting two memberships! I predict that membership levels will reach new highs. image
    THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
    Hmmmm

An as$ whoopin or 99 dollars? I still have a few "short people " for hire that can handle anything PSA can send my way.image

James
    x
  • I don't know. Let's look at others who have gone against the flow -

Jesus - Didn't end pretty
    Gandhi - You can never be too thin
    Martin Luther King - Everyone knows he's a hero except him
    Greg Norman - Was an a-hole before trying to start his own golf tour - Still an a-hole (Nothing)
    Lenny Bruce - Got a movie w/Dustin Hoffman made about him
    Curt Flood - Made a lot of other people rich

Know some might call you a "rabblerowser", but I'll admire you. The choice is yours.

Best,

Satan
    SOrry if I offend some. PSA where the heck are you I left 2 voice mails and no reply at all sent an email no reply. Very disappointing, customer service at PSA has tailed off in the last 6 months. I will continue to update this every few days till a response is made.

James
    x
  • send a PM to BJ and I bet she will answer your question
    really quick.
    imageimage
    Day 10 no customer service in sight. PSA are you there do you care? You have not called or emailed me anywere.

James

Sorry guys my mini protest.image
    x
  • you say it is day 10 (are those business days,
    as they are closed on the weekends... )

But, have you done what I suggested and send
    a PM to either BJ or Joe?

(I doubt you have, otherwise you would have
    to stop complaining...) But,
    IF SO, and you still do not have an answer,
    then
    Send an email to Peter Ma --> pma@collectors.com

He was immediately helpful with many others so far.
    (but remember that he is not working on the weekends.)

Now, Before you come back on here complaining
    AT LEAST Do those two things, Either PM Bj or Joe
    and.or send an email directly to Peter Ma.

THEN let us know what they say.
    imageimage
  • I received a note from BJ, Joe, and Peter Ma. They all said that they are very busy with paying customers with serious issues at the moment and will be with you in a few months (give or take a few years).

You shouldn't be worried though because Joe said to tell you that he's got your two free grades right here.

Smelly
    Thanks Smelly. All three contacted you ? Wow you the man.

James

I just sent PSA some cards. And a few hundred bucks .image
    x
  • I called even a few days ago and left another voice mail. How sad is PSA's customer service. Weeks have gone by I left my home # and cell # both have voice mail.

James
    x
  • Keep it up Boggsie and PSA's special "Customer Service" will be at your front door at 3AM to give you a close up inspection of a Louisville Slugger image
  • James,

Contrary to popular belief, PSA is a business. If you think that a business is going to lose sleep over whether a non member is going to get his two free grades you are truly in a delusional state. Why you persist in making a huge stink is just beyond me? I will pay for your two "free" grades if you will just shut up and stop acting like an annoying little pre schooler.

Do I get my two free grades when I reach 90%? Do I? Huh? Do I? What do you mean NO? Does Joe Orlando know about this? I need to talk to him immediately. Can I? Huh? Can I? Can I? What do you mean no? I need to talk to your supervisor. Click.

Do you not have any self respect whatsoever? PSA members with valid issues get better customer service than with any other company. Non members with bull$hit issues get treated about like you're experiencing. Are you in touch with reality enough to realize that nobody cares?

Smelly
  • waittilitstartstosmell

When I value your opinion I will sell my collection.Blah Blah Blah

Want my paypal account and dont forget shipping?

james
    x
  • I will give you $5 for your collection and $20 for two free grades. Will you promise to stop making a mockery of yourself once you get the money?

Smelly
  • Do yourself a huge favor a think about how few people are responding. Now see if you can figure out why?

Have you noticed that nobody is agreeing that you should persist in making a fool out of yourself? There's an art to quitting while you're ahead.

Smelly
  • SMELLY

20.00 for the 2 grades sure. I wont ever pass up $$ And 5.00 you can view my collection BOGGS COLLECTION Tell you what first view is on me.

James

PP............ jamesandangie2002@yahoo.com

If you read the thread I just wondered about them. As far I am concerned the grades wasnt the issue. I was just more or less curious if you had to be a member to redeem.
    x
  • waittilitstartstosmell

No dough in the account. Didnt think so. I am here and always will be. I am a customer and deserve an answer that is my point. I dont have to join to recieve customer service. I spend money at PSA. It is a fair and easy question to answer. Dont like the thread dont read the thread.

James

Thanks for the fun!

Name: James Miles

Email: jamesandangie2002@yahoo.com (Add email)

Balance: $0.00

x
  • boggs......great collection, dont pay any attention to smelly
  • goodriddance189

Thanks I had alot more in the master set til I removed it. I am going to put it back up at my daughters request in her name. She ask were it went, she liked it ( And I will get the cert in her name named the set after her) I will be around 95 percent in a few weeks.

James
    x
  • The fact of the matter is, and I apologize for making light of the situation, that he SHOULD have received either an email or phone call in response. It doesn't matter whether he submits one card or ten thousand per year, or whether he is a paid up member or not, he was due a reply long ago. They are certainly not going to sway people to get on the bandwagon if they are ignored.

Not bashing, just stating fact
  • Paul

I enjoy a good joke I certainly dont mind. No need to apoligize. Heck make fun of me, even I love a good joke. " Dont I private SOmething I got a hell of a sense of humor dont I ? " (stripes) Waittil wanna be isnt around...well worth the effort.

James
    x
  • he does not really WANT any help.
    he just wants to be able to complain.

IF he really wanted to be helped
    and get his answer he would EITHER
    send a PM to Joe or BJ from these boards
    OR
    Send and email to Pma@collectors.com

and they would have helped him within a day
    but
    Dispite my REPEATED advice to that effect
    he Continues to ignore the assistance he
    Knows would work!

so, forget it and let him just be miserable
    and he can stay happy that way.

imageimage
  • James

The average company gets 80% of its profits from 20% of its customers. If keeping that 20% happy means frivilous requests like yours get lost in the process, I applaud PSA for having its priorities in order.

As of today, you are NOT a PSA customer. You may buy cards that OTHER PSA customers have submitted, but YOU personally are NOT. Smart businesses listen to their customers. You're just not one of them.

Every benefit you get without being a customer, takes away money that SHOULD be spent ON their customers. I don't want money that SHOULD be spent on a full paying customer wasted on FREELOADERS like you who try to milk the system for every last nickle that you feel entitled to.

PSA goes above and beyond to deliver value for its customers. You've already made it perfectly clear that PSA doesn't offer enough value for you to join collectors club and be a customer. By not responding to you, PSA is making it perfectly clear that value is a two way street.

Smelly
  • Smelly

Were is the money? You offered I accepted ? I see you are welching. I have Cards at PSA that makes me a customer DIRECT CUSTOMER. DOES it not?

Bigkidatheart

Didnt you read the thread I emailed dumba$$

SOrry if I offend some. PSA where the heck are you I left 2 voice mails and no reply at all sent an email no reply. Very disappointing, customer service at PSA has tailed off in the last 6 months. I will continue to update this every few days till a response is made.
    x
  • James,

As of September 1, we both know that you have to join to submit cards. As of this moment, you are NOT a customer. You WERE a customer and are now a FORMER customer.

It sounds like you made a business decision to submit before the rules changed. Don't get me wrong, that is your right to do so.

Just like I CHOOSE not to use paypal because I don't like their customer service, YOU can choose not to use PSA. Once I make my decision not to use Paypal anymore, however, I stop trying to squeeze every nickle out of them. For instance, EBAY just had a free buy it now offer for paypal customers. I don't go incessantly calling EBAY trying to get them to give me the deal even though I am no longer a paypal customer. Furthermore, I wouldn't go on paypal's website and whine like a baby. It's pointless.

Smelly

PayPal has a board for their members? That must be some really exciting reading!
  • SMELLY

BLAH BLAH I am bored you do what you want. I was a PSA customer? I have cards at PSA I am a customer. BESIDES accoring to PSA I can still submitt.

Silver Level Membership

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Direct access to all PSA grading service levels. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Subscription to the PSA weekly eZine.

Join the Silver Level Collectors Club

TAKEN FROM THEIR WEB SITE TODAY and the page was updated today I looked earlier and just now they changed it.

I will pay for your two "free" grades if you will just shut up and stop acting like an annoying little pre schooler.

James Miles

454 W BROWN RD APT g-1
    MESA AZ 85201
    x

• << <i>Bigkidatheart
    Didnt you read the thread I emailed dumba$$ >>

Well they respond to MY emails within a few hours
    so they must really not like you at all.
    imageimage
  • James,

I am shocked that you live in an apartment. For a moment, your command of the English language had me confuse you with William Shakespeare. If you're truly bored, why not finish high school with your free time?

Smelly

• Smelly

SO I asume you a liar and your not going to put your money were your mouth is. I might type bad and so on. But If I say something I will live up to it or at least try. You on the other hand are sad and a liar. I know you dont like the postal service or Fedex, or ups. or airborne or the countless carriers . How sad I truly feel sorry for you. I gadiated scool not with honors but I have honor. I question yours.

james
    x
  • Did you read this before you declared victory? It doesn't say anything about participation in the registry or message board in your Silver Level membership. This will give you a lot of free time to do your schoolwork.

Smelly

GOLD MEMBERSHIP (1 Year) $99

* 6 Submissions - 7 Business Day Turnaround Guaranteed $105 Value
    * 1-Year Subscription to the Sports Market Report (SMR) $49.00 Value
    * 1 Copy of The Top 200 Sportscards in the Hobby $24.95 Value
    * 1-Year subscription to the PSA Population Report and SMR Online $39.50 Value
    * Discount Submission Prices on the Top Four Service Levels
    * Monthly Grading Specials
    * PSA Bi-Weekly eZine
    * Participation in the PSA Set Registry
    * Online Submission Status Check
    * Participation on the PSA Message Boards *

Total Package Value $218.45
  • I assume you're going to track down someone to read my post to you. This is a SHOCKING development if it's true. Maybe you will be grandfathered in.

Smelly