Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Thanks to Clankeye I Finished My French Walker Typeset

Thanks to Clankeye for offering me his 2 Franc French Walker (1915 in NGC MS65). It was kind of silly money, but what a phenomenal coin. These really are great coins.

Greg

Comments

• Options
    Nice Set Greg. Do you have a matte proof one?

Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    That really is a nice set, Greg. Well done!

• Options
    ClankeyeClankeye Posts: 3,928
    That is a great looking set, Greg.

I have a feeling today's "silly" money for really premium Dark Side material will seem... well just silly down the road. And I don't mean stupid silly. Good silly.

At any rate, if anyone wonders, I am still very much collecting Dark Side (Grey Side) and spend most of my days enthralled with the beauty and wonder of it all.

Congratulations on a fine budding collection, Greg.

Clankeye
    Brevity is the soul of wit. --William Shakespeare
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimage

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    Quite a "splendiferous" set, Greg!!! imageimageimage So ... what's next on your menu?
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Beautiful coins, T-tone!!!image

Clank, way to go to help a budding Darksider!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    TypetoneTypetone Posts: 1,622
    Askari:

I would probably like to own some more certified turn of the century French type coins. Perhaps some of the low denomination coppers or the gold roosters and angels. Also, I would like to find more toned Walkers. I think these coins are phenomenal. There is no reason that ten years from now these won't be selling at 10x current prices. Problem is finding them. If it wasn't for Clankeye, I wouldn't know where to look, but I think I bought him outimage.

Greg
  • Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    Well, Greg, toss out a new thread here and let our dealers and collectors help you out!image
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options
    bozboz Posts: 1,405
    Excuse my French, but HOLY COW!!

Love the 1915 toning!!!!!! (Drool)
    The great use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast it--James Truslow Adams
  • Options
    shylockshylock Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭
    Awesome set image