Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Greetings from Baltimore!

airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
Howdy y'all image

I got into Baltimore today and spent the day walking aroud the bourse- lots of fun. I ran into tons of forums members, whom I won't name for fear of forgetting someone. I will say, though, that it was fun to call Feld "Poindexter" to his face image.

As for buying, I didn't get that much... picked up an SLQ for another member, and some samples for Cameron (called him from the bourse a few times). I hung out with jbsteven and rkkay quite a lot, and got to see some awesome toned coins and patterns. Everyone looked busy, so I'm assuming the dealers are liking this show. Tomorrow is when I plan on doing some serious spending.

Also, there is another great story... I was walking to the ANA table with Dan Lewis (danglen) when we passed the CU table. Mike Sherman saw my name tag and pulled me aside. "Jeremy ,I have some good news for you..." Yup, I won the essay contest- tied at first place, so I get $2500. I didn't hear when the awards ceremony was taking place, so I wasn't there to take an award (if it was anything more than just an announcement).

Also, I took my toned 1987 eagle to ANACS... yes, the Former PCGS 63, NGC BB/AT, ANACS-called-AT when they looked last year... this year, it's a 66/67, so I guess that's good image But that shows the true inconsistencies in grading companies... oh well...

All in all, today was a great day... I can't wait for tomorrow, when I'll probably also do some paging.

Jeremy, from the Marriott Inner Harbor 10th Floor lounge
JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research

Comments

• Options
    Congrats on the essay contest. image CHA-CHING

Keep us informed on the show.

• Options
    FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977
    Jeremy

Congrats on winning the essay contest.image

I'm glad your enjoying yourself. Now get out on the floor and buy some coins.image

coolimage
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was there today...had a great time. Sorry I missed you.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,485
    Jeremy, congrats on the essay contest results!

I must say, publicly - Jeremy is even more likable in person than he is on the forum, even if he does keep calling me Poindexter.image I'm glad I finally got to meet him and was pleased to have met (and re-met) numerous other forum members, as well.
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mark also doesn't really look like a Poindexter... but we can pretend image
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    merz2merz2 Posts: 2,474
    Jeremy
    As I said when we met,The news of your 1st place essay was great.You were hanging with some of the best in our hobby.Don't let them limit you to the colorful coins only though.LOL!!!!!!!
    Don
    Registry 1909-1958 Proof Lincolns
  • Options
    gsaguygsaguy Posts: 2,425
    Good to meet you today Jeremy! It's always nice to put a face with an icon.image

And congrats on that jackpot of $2500!!! You earned it!

GSAGUY
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on the Essay Contestimage

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    Congratulation to a very intellegent, hard working, nice guy.

Its nice to know we have such talent on the Forum. That is in addition

to old curmudgeons like me.image
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭
    Way to go Jeremy. Your future is looking brighter all the time. image I hope to see you at the show tomorrow. mdwoods
    National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,951 ✭✭✭✭✭

Way to go! Congrats Jeremy!!

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    Sorry I missed you today. We are going to meet at the PCGS table around 11 to determine what to do for lunch. Hope to see you there and congrats on your win! Does this mean you're paying for lunch for everyone tomorrow?image
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    TassaTassa Posts: 2,373 ✭✭
    Congratulations Jeremy!! imageimage
  • Options
    Sounds like your having fun....enjoy the weekend!!!!!!1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file