Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

In honor of 1913 nickel's surfacing a 1913 dime - winners announced for best EBay ad re" "

northcoinnorthcoin Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
1913 is the operative number here. This prize is for a 1913 dime (Barber) so it has got to be worth twice as much as the mere nickel of same date which surfaced at the ANA Convention this week. The 1913 dime (along with a wallet holder with an included keychain, calculator, and pen) is yours for coming up with the most creative EBay ad for sale of the newly surfaced 1913 Liberty Nickel that allegedly has been in the hands of George Walton's heirs ever since his infamous car wreck. I made a stab at such an ad on the second page of the thread titled, "Poll: If it was yours, who would you have grade the ex-missing Liberty Nickel?" I'm sure you can outdo that feeble attempt. Like last time, this competition will remain open until Sunday evening.

See final post by yours truly on page 2 for the two winners of the give-away. Thanks for everyone's participation! Winners PM me with your addresses so I can get prizes out to you.

Comments

• Options
    I think a time machine was involved. Ever seen Back to the Future? I think Reynolds, Green and Walton all hooked up with the time machine guy and went back to 1913 to grab a SIXTH one, maybe the fifth one is still missing???? image
  • Options
    Where did all the creativity go?
  • Options
    Creativity takes more than 3 minutes. Give us a while.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    shirohniichanshirohniichan Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭
    LQQK!!!!!!!!!!! MAGICK NICKLE FOUND!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS HERE MAJICK NICKLE IS THE RAIR AND FAYMUS 1913 NICKLE OWNED BY THE FAMUS COIN COLLECTER GEORGE WALTON AND WUZ PART OF A BIG ESTATE.... HIS AIR WAS DRIVING THREW DALLAS IN 1963 AND GOT IN A TERRIBULL CAR CRASH AND DYED WHEN THE COIN FLEW OFF THE BACK SHELF NEER THE REER WINDOW AND GOT STUCK IN HIS SKULL.... THE NICKLE WUZNT RECUVERRED UNTIL THEY DONE DUGGED UP HIS BODY AND PULLED IT OUT.... THE MISTEEREEUS PART ABOUT THE STORY IS THAT THE PASSUNJER IN THE BACK SEET DYED OF THE SAME KIND OF INJERRY SO THE CORUNNER... CORENNER... THE GUY WHO LOOKS AT DED PEEPEL SED EETHER THE NICKLE WENT KILLT BOTH OF THEM OR THERE WER TOO NICKLES.... IF HE WUZ RITE THER COOD BE ANUTHER 1913 NICKLE STUCK IN THE BACK OF THE OTHER GY'S HED AND BERREED SUMWAIRS.... IFN HE WUZ RONG THIS HEER IS THE LAST RAIR 1913 NICKLE WEEL EVER FIND.... IM NO COIN COLLECTER BUT IT SHUR LOOKS REEL TO ME BUT I CANT GERUNTEE IT OR NOTHIN BUT IT DUZ LOOK REEL JENUWIN... JENNUW... REEL TO ME... A GRATE ADDISHUN TO ENY COLLECKSHUN... BY THE WAY THE AIR HOO WAS KILLT BY THE MAJICK NICKLE WAS NAMED MISS HAVERSHAM AND SHE WAS NOED BY EVERYWUN FOR BERREEING BIG DRUMS OF NICKLES IN HER BACK YARD AT NIGHT...
    Obscurum per obscurius
  • Options
    Here's a rip-off of another joke auction desciption I wrote:

WOW!!! GEM PROOF 1913 NICKLE $1 L@@K!!!!!

YOU ARE BIDING ON A 1913 LIBURDY NICKLE FROM MY DECEESED WIFES COLLECTION. HAROLDINE BOT THIS A LONG TIME BACK FROM MISS HAVERSHAMS ESTATE.... YOU SEE... MISS HAVERSHAM WAS A STRANGE LADY WHO USED TO SAVE ALL HER NICKLES IN BIG 55 GALLON METTLE DRUMS AND BERRY THEM IN HER BACK YARD WHEN THEY GOT FULL.... SHE BOT THEM BRAND SPANKIN NEW FROM THE BANK IN ROLLS AND STASHED THEM AWAY.... SHE HAD ALL KINDS SHE USED TO GET AND SINCE SHE LIVED IN FILUDELLFEEA ALMOST ALL OF THEM WERE FROM THE FILLY MINT THAIR BY DOWNTOWN AND SHE HAD ROLLS OF EVERY YEAR FROM THE TIME SHE BOT THE HOUS IN 1908 UNTIL SHE DIED IN 1962.... HAROLDINE NEW THE GUY WHO DUG UP THE BARELS AFTER MISS HAVERSHAM DIED AND HE GAVE HER SOME COINS BUT PUT MOST OF THEM ON THE RAILROAD TRAKS AROUND HERE.... HAROLDINE KEPT GOOD CARE OF HER COINS BUT SHE DIED SO I HAVE TO SELL ALL HER STUFF TO KEEP UP ON THE HOUS PAYMINTS AND ARE DAHTERS MEDICLE BILLS AND STUFF.... IF HAROLDINE WOOD HAVE LISSENED TO ME AND NOT GONE OUT DRIVING IN THE RAIN SHEED BE HERE TODAY TO SELL THE COINS HERSELF BUT SHE WOODNT LISSEN TO ME LIKE MOST WOMEN SHE JUST GOT UP AND DROVE HERSELF TO THE STORE AND GOT HIT BY A TRAIN.... I SAYS TO HER THAT SHE OTTA TAKE THE CAVALIER BECUZ ITS A FRONT DRIVER AND FRONT DRIVERS HANDLE BETTER IN THE RAIN BUT SHE SAID SHE WANTED TO TAKE MY TRUCK...AND I TOLD HER THE TRUCKS A REAR DRIVER AND THEY DONT DO GOOD IN RAIN SPESHALLY WHEN THEY DONT HAVE A LOAD IN BACK BUT SHE WENT OUT ANYWAY...I DON’T KNOW WHY SHE NEVER LISSENED TO ME WHEN I WARNED HER ABOUT THINGS LIKE THAT TIME I TOLD HER NOT TO LEEVE THE GAS CAN IN THE GARAJ NEER THE WATER HEETER BUT SHE WOODNT LISSEN AND WE ENDED UP HAVING A FIRE THAT BURNT PART OF THE HOUS AND LIKE THAT TIME I TOLD HER NOT TO BY THAT DODGE CARAVAN BECUZ THERE TRANNYS ARE JUNK BUT SHE WENT AHED AND BOT IT ANYWAY AND HAD TO TAKE IT IN FOR SERVIS MORE THAN 20 TIMES AND EVERY TIME I TOLD HER SHE SHOODNT HAVE BOT IT IN THE FIRST PLACE BUT SHE WOODNT LISSEN... SHE ALWAYS SAID I HAD TO HAVE THE LAST WORD AND ALL BUT WHOS HEER SELLING THE COINS...IM RIGHT ARENT I?

THIS IS THE LAST COIN OF HAROLDINES I STILL GOT LEFT. I CLEENED THE OTHERS REEL GOOD WITH A WIRE BRUSH AND SPENT THEM AT THE 711... THIS IS THE ONLY ONE I LEFT AS IT WAS BECAUSE IT WAS REAL PRETTY LIKE IT WAS WITHOUT CLEENING AND HAROLDINE WOOD HAVE LIKED ME TO KEEP MY HANDS OFF OF IT... I LEFT IT ON THE FLOOR IN FRONT OF THE COWCH SO ID SEE IT GOING TO SLEEP AND WAKING UP THIS MORNING... ITS TIME FOR ME TO SELL IT SO SUM OTHER LUCKY PERSUN CAN HAVE IT... I STILL GOT MY MEMRIES AND PICHERS OF HAROLDINE TO KEEP ME CUMPNEE... THOW NOT AS NICE AS HAVING HER SLEEPING ON THE FLORE NEXT TO THE COWCH... HAROLDINE WAS A GOOD AND HONEST BUSINESS WOMAN... A PROVIDER AND SOURCE OF STRENGTH... A TERRIFIC MOTHER AND LOVING WIFE... AND I ONLY WISH THAT ALL THE MEN OUT THERE COULD BE SO LUCKY AS I WAS... IT WOULD TRULY BE A BLESSING FOR ME IF THE PERSON WHO WON THIS COULD BE A YUNG MOTHER WHO WOOD SUM DAY PASS IT DOWN TO HER CHILD... SO I AM ASKING ON THIS LOT... PLEEZE ONLY BID IF YOU ARE SUCH A WIFE AND MOTHER WITH A DOTTER OR SON TO PASS THIS ON TO... I AM OLD BUT HAVE MY MEMREES AND NOW SOMEBUDDY YUNG DESERVES A CHANCE TO MAKE THERE OWN MEMREES... I AM GOING TO LIST THIS AT THE LOWEST POSSIBUL PRICE AND MAKE IT AVALABUL FOR THIS PERPUSS... ONE MORE THING... IF YOU ARE REEDING THIS AND HAVE A MOTHER OR WIFE AND YOU HAVE NOT TOLD HER LATELY NOT TO DRIVE AN PICKUP WITH AN EMPTEE BED IN THE RAIN... PLEEZE DO THAT NOW... YOU WILL BE GLAD YOU DID... AND SO WILL SHE... I DON’T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT COINS BUT I HERD A COIN LIKE THIS SELLS FOR ABOUT $7 MILLYUN.... THIS ONE MUST BE AHFUL NICE BECAUSE HAROLDINE REALLY LIKED IT AND SHE NEW HER COINS BETTER THAN ANYONE I EVER MET.... MAYBE ITS PRUFE 70 IF PCGS WAS TO GRADE IT.... IF I DO SEND IT IN TO PCGS AND THEY SAY ITS PRUFE 70 ILL HAVE TO RAZE THE PRICE AND YOOL LUZE OUT.... ITS PROBUBBLY A HI RELEEF PROOF... I AM ONLY PUTTING A REEZONABLE RESURVE ON THIS AND STARTING THE OCTION AT ONLY $1... LIKE I SAID I DON’T NO NOTHING ABOUT COINS SO YOU GRADE IT.... LOOK AT THE PICHER AND DESIDE FOR YURSELF.... SENSE HAROLDINE VOTED FOR FORD PERHAPS HELL BE NICE ENUF TO SINE THIS COINS HOLDER LIKE HE DID OTHER PCGS COINS...

A GRATE ADDISHUN TO ANY COLLECSHUN... SET REGISTREE KWALIDDY... SHURE TO BE AN EXSELLINT INVESTMINT... NO DEELERS PLEEZ... HAROLDINE TOOK GOOD CARE OF THIS HERE COIN FOR A LONG TIME AND IM SHURE SHEED WANT ANOTHER COLLECTER TO HAVE IT.

SENSE THIS IS AN ESTATE SALE ALL SALES ARE FINAL BUT YOU CAN RETURN IT AND PAY A 50% RESTOCKING FEE... SHIPPING IS ONLY $1 BUT YUL HAVE TO PAY FOR MY TAXI FAIR TO THE POST OFFICE THATS REEL FAR AWAY AND PACKAGING AND STUFF THAT SHUD COST ABOUT $200 OR SO.... I HAVUNT DESIDED. IM NOT ABOUT TO GO LINING THE POST OFFICES POCKET BY PAYING EXTRA FOR INSHURENCE ON THIS SO YOUL HAVE TO TAKE YOUR CHANCES. TO SHOW MY PATRIODIC DUTY IM GOING TO DONATE 50 PERCENT OF THE SHIPPING PRICE TO STOP ILLEGUL IMMIGRASHUN FROM KWEBEK AND FRANCE. US RESIDENTS ADD 25% SALES TAX. CANADIANS ADD 50% SALES TAX.... SHIPPING, HANDLING, SALES TAX, AND EBAY FEES ARE NOT REFUNDABUL.

PAYMENT HAS TO BE IN CASH. IF YOU HAVE LESS THAN 10 POSITIVE FEEDBACKS YOU MUST GET PERMISSION BEFORE BIDDING OR ELSE YOUR BID WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

DON'T FORGET OUR NEW CONTEST ... JUST LEAVE US POSITIVE FEEDBACK AFTER YOU RECEIVE AND ARE HAPPY WITH YOUR COIN... EMAIL US THAT YOU HAVE DONE SO... AND WE WILL CHOOSE AT RANDOM FROM THE COPIED EMAILS... ONCE A MONTH... THE WINNER OF A PIZZA DINNER ILL HEET UP FROM THE FROZEN ONE HAROLDINE WAS BRINGING BACK FROM THE STORE WHEN SHE GOT HIT BY THAT TRAIN SOME YEERS BACK! ONE FREE SODA POP TOO! THIS IS OUR WAY OF BUILDING UP OUR FEEDBACK RATING TO REFLECT A TRUER SENSE OF HOW MANY CUSTOMERS WE HAVE SUCCESSFULLY SERVED AND WILL ALLOW ME TO MAKE MY FEEDBACK PUBLICK FOR A CHANGE... YUL HAVE TO DRIVE OVER TO MY TRALER BY YURSELF THO.
    Obscurum per obscurius
  • Options
    Please PM me for my address so you can mail me the Barber dime. Thanks! image
    Obscurum per obscurius
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shiro: Not so fast!!!

This is purely fictional and any resemblance otherwise is purely accidental!!!!!!!!!

***L@@K PROOF 1913 NICKEL L@@K!!!!!***

Selling 10,000 rolls of liberty head nickels for $450 each. They look to be very nice condition as saved back in the 1910's 1920's and 1930's. One of the rolls is guaranteed to include a 1913 proof nickel!!!!!!!

I am selling each roll separately on ebay as it is easier for me.

BEFORE BIDDING ON THIS COIN I NEED TO TELL YOU THE HISTORY OF HOW I GOT THE COIN AND WHY I SADLY NEED TO SELL IT NOW.
    YOU ARE BIDDING ON A 1913 NICKEL FROM MY DECEASED AUNT'S COLLECTION. THE COIN BELONGED TO HER WHEN HER DAD DIED A FEW YEARS AGO. HER DAD, MY GREAT UNCLE MORTIMER WAS AN AUTO MECHANIC. HE TOOK CARE OF MANY CARS AND LIVED IN TEXAS UNTIL HE RETIRED. One of his customers was a coin dealer that went by the name of Max Mehl. He was also a good friend of my great Uncle Mortimer. My great uncle used to send me some of Max Mehl's pamplets and they looked so cool but I was so poor that I could not afford to buy any of the coins listed in his pamplet. My great uncle was fond of telling me about this great nickel that Max Mehl always wanted to by and never could get to buy one. It was the 1913 Liberty Head Nickel. It sold for a lot of money even back in the 1960's. Well, when my uncle retired he moved further east and met nice man by the name of George Walton. Now, I always wondered if he was from the famous Walton family shown on TV or if he was from the same family as the tall basketball player. I never did find out.. Now, my great uncle Mortimer liked to tinker with cars even in retirement and always liked to help his friends with their cars. He became fast friends with George Walton. He always fixed his car for free and George always liked to give him nickels as a joke. You see this George W. was a wealthy man and could afford to pay my great uncle but my great uncle was too proud to accept any money. He felt that his social security check of $102 a month was enough to live on. He was quite ingenious on how to save money but that is a story for another day. His friend George died and I never learned if it was from a car accident or not but somehow my great uncle ended up with an awful lot of nickels, 40,000 in total. My great uncle one day showed me this magical 1913 nickel that was not a indian head design, some people call it the buffalo head nickel but that is also a topic for another day too. It was instead of the libertty head design that I remember was made from 1882 to 1912. Oh yes, my great uncle had an 1882 liberty nickel too but many people called that a pattern proof nickel. I don't know much about that either.
    My great uncle passed away, I grew up and forgot all about the coins as I raised a large family of 14 children including two sets of triplets. Finally my aunt passed away three months ago and went through her papers and saw the letter that a George W. gave my great uncle many, many nickels.
    One of them was a 1913 nickel of the liberty head design since George was told that all of his were fake but my great uncle was no so sure about that. He said heck, I didn't even pay for it so why should I worry about it.
    I am saddened since I must sell all of these nickels since I have three triplet daughters going to College right now as freshman
    and three more triplet daughters going to College next year so quite frankly, I am desperate for money. The following year I have twin daughters going to College as well. I am now out of work and my wife cannot work right now as she is trying to raise our infant son, who is my first born son after 13 lovely girls.

These are the only coins from my great uncle's estate. I promise you that this is not a come on. My uncle taught me well. I am too proud to ask for any help in rasing my 13 daughters and my son!! I have a terrific and loving wife!!! I only wished that all families could be blessed as we are. It would be a blessing if the person who won the right roll is from a young family who be able to pass this wonderful coin down to their children and grandchildren!!!

Bless you all! I AM GOING TO LIST THIS AT THE LOWEST POSSIBLE PRICE AND MAKE IT AVAILABLE to EVERYONE.... ONE MORE THING...
    SINCE THIS IS AN ESTATE SALE ALL SALES ARE FINAL ... SHIPPING IS ONLY $5 PLUS INSURANCE SINCE THESE ROLLS ARE VERY HEAVY.
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    1913 Liberty Head Nickel (Only 6? minted!!!)

First, a little about this coin.

These were struck in 1913, but instead of using the new Buffalo design, the mint used the old Liberty design

dies that had been prepared before the new design was approved. No records exist of how many of these were

minted, but it has generally been believed to be 5. This nickel is, I believe, the sixth. The fith nickel was

lost after a car crash in the 1960's in Texas and resurfaced earlier this week. However, I have discovered that

there must have been 2 such nickels in the car crash.

How did I make such a discovery? Well, I've been a trusted customer at a Dallas coin shop (and no, I won't say

which one, for reasons which will soon be clear) for almost 20 years. The owner had previously talked to me

about a deal he made in the late 60's buying coins from the family of a deceased collector. He said the

collector had died in a car accident, and his family had sold him several rare and valuable coins. Well,

earlier this week, the owner became ill and asked me to run his shop for a couple days. (Yes, I'm that

trustworthy about coins!) While looking for some register receipt rolls under the counter, I found an unlabeled

box near his books on authenticating US coins. I couldn't believe what I found inside! Several 1804 dollars,

some 1895 Philidelphia business strike Morgan dollars, a couple 1933 gold double eagles, a single 1913 liberty

nickel, some 1955 lincoln DDs, some 1909-S VDB cents, and several other coins which looked slightly off to me,

so I think they were patterns. A couple had an eagle on the front, with the year 1856, but they were small and

copper so I didn't really notice. Anyway, when my friend was better I asked him how much he wanted for the

nickel. He said he'd had it as long as he could remember and wasn't sure how much it was worth, but since I'd

done such an honest job watching the store, I could have it! I believe he must have purchased this coin from

the family of the deceased collector, and kept it hidden to avoid theives.

My goal now is to sell this coin so I can go back and buy some of the other coins I saw in the box. Since I

will be spending the money as soon as I get it, there will be no returns on the nickel and all sales are final.

Also in my rush to raise money to buy those other coins I sold my digital camera so I can't get a picture.(I

also sold my computer. I'm currently using a computer at the library, so I may not be able to respond to emails

more than once a day.) However, because I don't want anyone to be disappointed I will acceptthe nickel as

credit tworad one of the other coins I'll be buying from my friend and reselling here on eBay! I was going to

send this coin in to PCGS, but I don't have time to wait for the coin to be graded and returned, since the other

coins I want may be sold any minute.

S/H/I will be $25, which will cover the cost of registered mail. I will only ship to a US address, and not to

any government/law enforcement office. Please note my feedback (30) is at 100% and bid with confidence. Also

please note my high incidence of repeat buyers and customer loyalty. My feedbacks all come from 3 people who

have never bid on anyone elses auctions! I'm even nice enough to share an email address with them. Good luck

bidding, I've made this a true auction with a 0.01 start and no reserve!
    Looking for info on MN national banknotes from New Ulm, Sleepy Eye, Mankato, Hanska, and Lake Crystal. Also Two Harbors, Duluth, Brainerd, and Ely.
  • Options
    No Reserve ~ 1913 Liberty Nickel ~ PQ, super luster, deep mirror prooflike (though I have no idea why PCGS did not note this on the holder when they graded it, see Fuji Disposable Camera Pics) ~ was cracked out of an ACG holder (certificate included) and graded PRMS68DMPL* by this outstanding firm ~ This baby shines like Mike Tyson's gold teeth coming at ya at fifty miles per hour ~ Donald Trump would have bought it for $6 million but the other four examples are not for sale currently and what good is one cufflink if you can't make a matching mate? Come on folks, bid strong, bid early, we're sacrificing this gem on the most prestigious internet auction site in the world EBay, where we all know you won't get E-Screwed! image Buyer pays $1000 for 1st class USPS shipping, insurance is extra
  • Options
    bozboz Posts: 1,405
    Unsearched hoard!! Found in my deceased Uncles collection. image A 1913 nickel. I no nuthin bout coins so I will let you decide the value.image This old nickel must be wurth a lot of money as it is old. It comes in a plastic thingy. Shipping is only $18.95, insurance is optional but highly recommended, as I can't be responsible if you don't receive the nickel. Please bid often as we need the money to bury Uncle George!
    The great use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast it--James Truslow Adams
  • Options
    doopsdoops Posts: 498
    hey, i wouldnt make so much fun about "dear ol harold's estate". whey she/they first got going we made dozens of major rips from them, all were very nice instant winners and a couple were super biggie hits...
  • Options
    Rare 1913 Liberty Nickel

This is one of a few old nickels I recently got from purchasing a large coin collection (some of these other nickels are also currently up for auction). The obverse of this coin grades EF-45, and the reverse grades AU-50. This coin most likely is authentic as it looks authentic (even under 10x magnification), feels authentic, and has the correct diameter of a 1913 Liberty Nickel, but as it is not certified, I am selling it “as is”. Should this coin be authentic (as is probably the case), this coin is easily worth between $1,000,000- $2,000,000. Good luck on winning this coin as it will probably be a great chance to get a rare and valuable coin for cheap!

Obscurum per obscurius
  • Options
    MORE KEYS FOUND IN THIS HOARD THAN IN ANY OTHER!!! WOW!!!

THE BEST TRULY UNSEARCHED LIBERTY NICKELS WITH THE MOST KEY DATES FOUND!!

You are bidding on unsearched Liberty nickels by the HALF POUND LOT from a HUGE UNSEARCHED HOARD that I have found and purchased from an elderly lady in my area. Based on a weight of almost 4300 POUNDS this hoard was almost 650,000 unsearched V-nickels when I purchased it!! I have been selling these unsearched V-nickels on Ebay in dutch auctions for a several months now and everyone has loved their V-nickels. We have had THE MOST key date coins reported back in our feedback of ANY bulk nickel seller on ebay! This is not hype it is just the facts, please look at all the great coins listed below that have been found by our bidders. In the last few weeks we have had 4 1912-S's, an 1885 and a 1913 plain found and reported back in our feedbacks!! You will see other sellers that have unsearched V-nickels auctions where they say these coins have been found by people off ebay, well ours are listed in our Ebay feedbacks so you know they are accurate finds not "off ebay" hype.

EACH BID IN THIS AUCTION IS EQUAL TO 1/2 POUND OF UNSEARCHED V-NICKELS FROM THE HOARD!!!

If you have been following Ebay for a while I am sure that you have seen these nickels advertised and the whole story behind the find. I bought an estate of unsearched V-nickels that was second to none!! I was called to do an apprasial on an estate for an elderly lady and she showed me her husbands "collection" of nickels. It was an antique bearclaw tub full of Liberty nickels in the basement!! He had been putting Liberty nickels in it since they moved into the house back in the fifties. It was a sight to see. So I struck a deal with her on the V-nickelss and the rest is history. I have been selling these unsearched V-nickels here on Ebay for a few months now and some great coins have been found already form the hoard.

CUSTOMER SERVICE COMES FIRST FOR US WE HIGHLY VALUE ALL OUR BIDDERS!!

Please take the time to read my feedback on these V-nickels! There are many copycat sellers here on Ebay that just pop up out of nowhere and say they have great V-nickels, but we are one of the original sellers and our product shows our commitment to the bidders of Ebay. Don't get burned by sellers who sell "unsearched" V-nickels and all they send out is common date 40's and 50's. We have been selling coins on Ebay for well over 3 years now and we are going to be here for our bidders!! I pride myself in the fact that we offer our clients a very very good product and customer service that is far and above most other dealers on the internet. We have a positive feedback ratio of over 99%!! I will always go the extra mile for all of my customers. We have over 17,000 total positive feedbacks with over 5000 repeat customers! The few negatives that we have received are due to deadbeat bidders or a lack of communication as we always make sure that you are happy with your purchase. Don't get burned by a "fly-by-night" seller that is here one day and gone the next!! We are an Ebay PLATINUM POWERSELLER so bid with confidence. We will make sure your experience with us is a very pleasurable one!!
    Obscurum per obscurius
  • Options
    "POTTYNICK" POTTY 1913 LIBERTY NICKEL DIE CRACK

Wow, have you heard of the Potty Dollar? It was a person who made altered coins that looks like the person is sitting on the pot way back when. Well, this 1913 Liberty Nickel is unaltered,and was made by the US Mint.It depicts Liberty going potty from her neck, and it is leaking out on the coin edge. Why pay for an altered coin when you can have the real authentic coin made by the US Mint just for you. Check out Liberty. It must be her because she was the only woman that I can remember doing this on her coin.The die crack extends from her neck to the rim of the coin.It also has a neat CUD on the top of her crown.
    Obscurum per obscurius
  • Options
    Last lot of four (4) Liberty nickels-- one 1913!

It is just about Independence Day, and it has been quite a little while since I got on the ebay internet. Hello Hello Hello to all my friends out there! Nice to be back on the internet again! How are you doing? Are you excited about the upcoming Holiday? I know I sure am!
    I'm doing just fine right now, Thank You very much, and that last round of coins I sold off, which was way back in early April, was just about enough to let me accomplish what was necessary for my financial reasons. It sure seems like things are going in a good direction right now, and just in time for the height of Summer, too! Already, I have heard the loud pop of the firecrackers as the neighborhood children light them up, and of course the "swish" of the bottle rockets. I really enjoy the pretty colors of the fireworks when they shoot them off down by the Lake. Independence Day is a holiday not quite like any other, and I must admit to being a little saddened that some of the old traditions, such as picnics, bonfires and craft shows, have given way over the years, but I suppose the fireworks are still the best part of the celebration. The only thing about July 4 that is a bit bothersome is that it is a sign that summer is just about half way over!

My youngest son, Robert, was in town a couple of weekends ago for a golf tournament with his friends. Robbie lives in Southern California and doesn't get to come out here all that often, but I sure was glad he made it out this time. I wish he could have brought the rest of the family, but you know how expensive travel is these days. Anyway, his team came in second to last place in the tournament, but they sure did have a good time, and you could tell he was enjoying catching up with his buddies. Since Clifford (my oldest son) has plenty of room in his home, Robert stayed with him, and I was able to visit them both for a couple of days, which is always an advantage.

Somehow, the discussion of the ebay internet listings came up, and Rob commented about how glad he was that selling off the coins had helped me out. But he had one complaint: Why had I not mentioned him much in any of my listings? And why was Cliff getting all the fame? Ha ha! Well, I have decided that today, I shall relate a little story about Rob that you may find a little humorous, and I sure hope he sees this. Then, since I am sure that millions of folks will see this, I bet I shall be getting a phone call from my boy!

It was a hot summer morming in 1968 that Harold was working early at the office. We had recently finished part of the basement in the old house, and had installed a bathroom down there for convenience. Well, breakfast time came for the kids, and I could not find my eight-year-old Robbie anywhere! He wasn't in bed, he wasn't outside, and I was beginning to have some concerns when young Clifford finally figured out that Robert was in the downstairs bathroom. I went down to let him know that it was time to come up for breakfast. I heard a kind of scuffle from behind the door, then the doorknob rattled, and finally Rob hollered out "Mom! I can't come out! The door is stuck!"

Well, I checked, and sure enough, the door was locked! Of course, I hollered back for him to unlock the door, and though I could hear and feel the doorknob rattling, it soon became apparent that Robbie either couldn't figure out how to unlock it, or it was stuck. I called my husband up at work, and he was busy. He suggested I look for the bathroom key, which typically you'd expect to be above the doorframe or somewhere near by. I couldn't find it! After about my third phone call asking for suggestions, Harold became a bit exasperated, mentioned that he didn't have time to drive all the way in, so finally, he suggested that I call the Fire Department. The Fire Department, for Goodness sakes! After all, they help to get cats out of trees and rescue dogs and the like all the time, right?

So I did that, I called the Fire Department (and told them it was not an emergency), and sure enough, some few minutes later, there they were at the front door, sirens wailing, lights flashing, no doubt waking up everyone in the neighborhood. Here came the firemen, jumping off the truck and trudging up the driveway in their heavy boots. Clomp! Clomp! Clomp! Descending the stairs, their bulky uniforms occupying most of the hallway, and into the basement they went. Well, to make a long story short, I chose not to let them chop down the door with the axe, and thankfully, one of them was somewhat mechanically inclined. So they decided to simply remove the doorknob completely, and open the door that way.

Soon enough, the doorknob was off. If you can for a moment, just try and imagine the look on my eight-year-old son's face when, upon finally opening the bathroom door, he found him self suddenly face to face with these huge, lumbering firemen standing there, in their official regalia, the firetruck outside, and all the commotion going on. There he stood, wide-eyed and mouth gaping - it was such a funny situation! Needless to say, my boy had a huge smile on his face, as he just took it all in, and as you might expect, there was no shortage of topics for conversation at the dinner table that evening!. I thint it was one of the proudest moments of his life, to have been rescued by the fire department, and it was a story he took great pride in for years.

That is my story for you today, and I hope that you liked it. Now, my son can revel in his brief moment of fame here on the ebay internet. I just hope he doesn't mind if his wife sees this. Ha ha!

So anyway, back to the matter at hand, which is to say that I plan to list off some more items on the ebay internet today. These are not the usual items that I have listed before, except for a few coins from past rounds that were never paid for. I had just been putting aside these coins and thought I might end up keeping them, but I don't really see any point in that, since I had already previously decided to sell them. Besides that, I really want to see what happens when I list off stamps and other collectable items, so there will be some different things for you today.

I shall, of course, use the same guidelines I used before, in that you will not need to pay for shipping or insurance, or anything else over and beyond your bid. There's just no reason that I should expect you to pay more than what you indicated when you bid in the first place, right? Besides, I don't think any of these items is all that valuable today, so you can probably get a very good deal if you want to. If you have any questions, please feel free to send me a message, and I'll be happy try and answer as best I can!

All four of the coins in this lot were printed in the United States. I really can't tell you much more about them, other than to say that most are in excellent, brand-new condition.

Obscurum per obscurius
  • Options
    With the site having gone down twice since this contest started does anyone want more time? Otherwise plan is to end competition tomorrow (Sunday) evening so final or additional entries still welcome.
  • Options
    My therapist has told me this thread has been a great help toward my full recovery from auction anxiety.
    Obscurum per obscurius
  • Options
    Going, going, almost gone - today (Sunday) last day for submissions.
  • Options
    I was able to come up with six submissions. Surely there are more auction scams that can be thought up.
    Obscurum per obscurius
  • Options
    I bet everyone an authentic 1994 D penny that shiro wins
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone willing to type as much as Shirohniichan deserves the 1913 Dime.

Plus, his first two eBay auction descriptions were freakin hilarious!!!

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    OK - time for a winner. I see the "People's Choice Award" goes to Shirohniichan. I was equally impressed with wil31's entry.. A tie is therefore declared. I should be able to locate a second 1913 Barber dime and I already have two of the wallet-holder/pen/ keychain calculator sets, so each winner will get one.

Thanks for all the contributions and it was an historic weekend for all of us interested in the historic coinage of the United States. Glad to see so many checked in and joined the fun, whether by posting an entry or vicariously by viewing the posts of others.

Winners PM me with your addresses so I can get prizes out to you. Everyone else PM Kamehamehaoo for your free 1994 D Penney.image
  • Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just KNEW doops was in bed with dead Harold's widow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where's Dorkarl ??????

Doug
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭

<< <i>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just KNEW doops was in bed with dead Harold's widow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >>

Whew, I wouldn't want to think he was in bed with dead Harold!!!imageimage
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    northcoin: I wholeheartedly agree that shiro would have been my choice for at least a winner! Oh my, did I scare him THAT much into doing all that much typing??????

A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    My therapist was right. Thanks!
    Obscurum per obscurius
  • Options
    But I don't have that many pennies!
  • Options
    Prizes have gone out.
  • Options
    I got my rare 1913 dime in a coin wallet with calculator key ring, ball point pen, and calendar this morning. Many thanks!
    Obscurum per obscurius

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file