Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Grades!! Crossed a ACG to PCGS

imageimage

Crossed it over to a PCGS MS 64

This one I tried to cross. Thought it was better then the MS62 grade. Guess not. It was a DNC.

Lori image

Comments

• Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...even a broken clock is right twice a day! Great job with that! It shows why having a good eye (and seeing a coin in person) can make some profit image

Jeremy
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    Congrats!! Reminds me of my 49 Franklin in MS65FBL. Crossed that over fron ACG. Congrats again.....Ken
  • Options
    Why do you think the 1889 was DNC--AT?
    Curmudgeon in waiting!
  • Options
    OOPS! Please ignore my last post--sometimes I get SO CONFUSED! Was thinking BB.
    Curmudgeon in waiting!
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations Lori!
    Remember everyone: No one here is RANDOMLY sending ACG or PCI grades in for cross with PCGS. If so, the margin would be very narrow for success. Instead, Lori and others are pre-screening (selecting, if you will) the coins that have a shot.
    The success rate should jump up with this method.

Jeremy, ACG'S clock is still broken.

peacockcoins

• Options
    FC57CoinsFC57Coins Posts: 9,140
    Congratulations Lori - you're developing quite the eye for toners and Kennedy's - just stay away from Frankies ok? image
  • Options
    BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    Lori, which one crossed the bottom one or the top one, I noticed the bottom one has what appears to be a PCGS label?-----------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options
    I crossed a few - 1-4 grades lower of course.image
  • Options
    I don't understand why the bottom one would not cross as a 62-------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
    If you look at my website, I actually got two Morgans to cross out of their holders at ANACS, an 87 Morgan in 64 and a 1923 Peace Dollar in 63. Those are the only two out of well over 50 that were randomly bought online (there are a lot which aren't listed on the site). In every case I am aware of an ACG coin crossing, it is a relatively inexpensive coin. For anyone who thinks ACG grading isn't so bad, buy a $200-500 Morgan in an ACG slab from ahcollectibles and see if that crosses.
  • Options
    Congrats on the cross!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    So, the 89 is NOT a rare coin, still DNC, what are you saying?-BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options
    The bottom picture coin did not cross (dnc). It must mean pcgs thought it was a lower grade then 62. I still dont see it. I think the coin looks like a 63/64.

The top picture crossed.

Lori
  • Options
    BigE....that bottom coin appears to be in a SEGS (?) slab, but it's definitely not in a PCGS slab.
  • Options
    Good job Lori, but I think PCGS "criss-crossed" on your submissionimage----------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options
    wingedlibertywingedliberty Posts: 4,805 ✭✭
    Nicely done indeed.

Brian.
  • Options
    robertprrobertpr Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭
    Why do you think the 1889 was DNC--AT?
    OOPS! Please ignore my last post--sometimes I get SO CONFUSED! Was thinking BB.

Bill, you were correct the first time. If a coin in another service's holder is determined to be AT or Cleaned, thumbed, whizzed, not original, a piece of crap, etc I believe it just looks to the submitter as a DNC, as they will not crack a coin out just to dump it into a BB. Though, I'm sure they've been tempted image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file