Home U.S. Coin Forum

A Poll - Should I Change My ICON - I'LL KEEP IT

I use the Babe Ruth icon because I had a minor part in John Goodman's 1992 movie, The Babe. Now, should I keep the icon for that reason, or should I change to a coin related icon. Please express your opinion in the poll. And remember, there are no small parts, just small actorsimage.

Cheers

Greg

Edited to say thank you all for voting and giving your opinion. Yes, I know it's my choice to do what feels right, yet, I appreciate the thoughtful comments. After careful thought, I'll keep the Babe. Why not, being in a movie was a big deal for me, and I really love that era of baseball. It really was the great American pastime then. I'll try to just keep posting nice pictures. I think I would have used this dime as my icon, as it is my favorite image.

Comments

• Leave it. Mine is not a coin either, but still draws attention.

Cameron Kiefer
  • MadMonkMadMonk Posts: 3,743
    I saw that movie, and I thought Goodman was great! Very natural actor.
    I think that your icon should reflect something about you.
    Sometimes we don't want to play too much with our inspirations.
    Walt Whitmans "Leaves of Grass" was superb in it's first release, then he tried "improving" it, only to have Ralph Waldo Emerson send him a letter in protest.
    How I went off on that tangent.....I don't know, but thats what came to my mind as I read your poll.

edited for spelling.
    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
  • I say keep the Babe.
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I think that your icon should reflrct something about you. >>

I agree. I also think that they shouldn't be changed very often because it confuses me. image

Russ, NCNE
  • Hmm, I should get rid of my flag ribbon then. But what shall I put in its place?
  • cladkingcladking Posts: 28,525 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a good enough icon but it takes a long time to associate with a coin collector.
    Some of the later arrivals likely have a stronger opinion.
    Tempus fugit.
  • What babe? I only see Archie Bunker.
  • Your icon is your own toy...... it is your call not the call of me or anyone else here but you.
    Alexandria Collection

It is better to dwell in the corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman and in a wide house. - Proverbs 25:24
  • jeffnpcbjeffnpcb Posts: 1,943
    If it floats your boat and you are happy, keep it!!
    Altough, a Kodiak or, my favorite, a halibut would work!!image
    HEAD TUCKED AND ROLLING ALONG ENJOYING THE VIEW! [Most people I know!]

NEVER LET HIPPO MOUTH OVERLOAD HUMMINGBIRD BUTT!!!

WORK HARDER!!!!
    Millions on WELFARE depend on you!
  • My mind and heart says, "keep it."

However, you should do what makes you happy.

I'm used to seeing "you" as Babe Ruth, Russ as a '64 JFK DCAM, MadMarty on an island, etc.

• << <i>I use the Babe Ruth icon because I had a minor part in John Goodman's 1992 movie, The Babe. Now, should I keep the icon for that reason, or should I change to a coin related icon. >>

I had a small part in two adult movies. Should I use Jill Kelly or Stephanie Swift as my icon? image

• << <i>

<< <i>I use the Babe Ruth icon because I had a minor part in John Goodman's 1992 movie, The Babe. Now, should I keep the icon for that reason, or should I change to a coin related icon. >>

I had a small part in two adult movies. Should I use Jill Kelly or Stephanie Swift as my icon? image >>

If you have a small part you shouldn't be making adult movies.image
  • coinkatcoinkat Posts: 23,023 ✭✭✭✭✭
    its cool

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• FC57CoinsFC57Coins Posts: 9,140
    Greg - don't trade off the Babe or the Curse of the Bambino will befall your Frankies and you'll never score another FBL again!! image
  • khaysekhayse Posts: 1,336
    Please keep it. It's the only thing reminding me to rent the movie and look for you. image

-KHayse
  • DAMDAM Posts: 2,410 ✭✭
    Collecting coins is s a hobby. Your icon represents who you are or what you feel. There is life outside of the hobby and the forum. In your case, your icon reflects that.

Oops... did I say that? image
    Dan
  • nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭
    Sure, change it for a while. I changed mine back to an old favorite of mine I uploaded last year.
  • There are coins everywhere on this site, I say keep it. It's unique. cm
  • MoneyLAMoneyLA Posts: 1,825
    Keep it. That's how I know it's you. cheers, alan mendelson
  • relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

It doesn't matter - either way you'll still be the guy with the killer type sets image
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Since the Babe started his career in Boston.....I think you should keep it!
  • labloverlablover Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing wrong about using a DOG!!!
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greg,

Change it only if you want to, not because you think others want you to.

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Keep it.
    I'll keep mine too!

• Can I import a jpg from my desktop for my icon? If so, how?
  • This may be slightly off topic, but I'm not able to find where to upload a new icon. It's been awhile, but I seem to remember there was a button right next to the "view icons" button on the profile page. Has it been relocated or is it something in the settings on my PC? I currently use Windows XP.....
    Paul Fillmore
    ANA LM5200
  • clw54clw54 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Leave it. Mine is not a coin either, but still draws attention.

Cam Kiefer >>

True.
  • relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

Can I import a jpg from my desktop for my icon? If so, how?

and

This may be slightly off topic, but I'm not able to find where to upload a new icon.

The feature is only active on the 15th of each month when you click on "Profile"

Max size is 100x100 pixels and 10k on disk.
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file