Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

First Token Grading Service - Any References?

Anyone have any Internet references for subject company? Thanks, Dave

Comments

• Options
    Their slabs are actually pretty rare and they used pirated ACG shells. The company was believed to be shut down by ACG when they found out and I have only seen 2 of their slabs in person. They are listed in the slab book. You have one?

Here is a very quick crooked scan:

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    TTT for conder101 who knows more about the company.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    dldallendldallen Posts: 359 ✭✭
    Yes, I have the Robert E Lee that I posted on the Robert E Lee thread here. Just looking for any info on the company and any other products they might have. Thanks, Dave
  • Options
    Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536
    I saw the thread ealier but didn't think there was that much more to add. FTGS, from what I have been told by token collectors, never did a lot of business because most token collectors would rather have their tokens raw. So FTGS was not in too great a shape when I first ran across them. I brought the company to Hagar attention when I asked him who had the license for the ACG shells. (I was trying to get a lead on who was running FTGS and where they were located.) Hagar told me that at that time only one person had a license to use ACG shells and that he only had a license for the larger photoslab shells, not the small sized shells. He also said that he had had problems with that license holder in the past for unauthorize use of the small ACG shells and hat he would have his lawyer send a letter the next day to stop using the shells. Next time I see Hagar I'll have to ask him how the guy was getting the shells. Was he counterfeiting them or ordering them from the same manufacturer as the large shells

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file