Home U.S. Coin Forum

Advice needed--------What would you do?

GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭✭
Need a little advice here........I won some wheats on EBay for my nephew to start his collection with, he likes digging thru them and sorting and putting them all in folders........anyways....the auction eneded July 14, I paid with PayPal July 15, no word from the seller, no emails, nothing......I look at his feedback, several people won the same thing I did and received theirs in like 4 days......I just got off the phone with the sellers store, CovinaCoins, and they say the guy who does the EBay is on vacation until Friday......

My question is, should I wait and see if I ever get anything, or simply file to get my money back from PayPal and neg em?
imageimage

Comments

• sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    2 weeks is too quick to get excited

28 days is PayPal window

why neg the guy now? see what happens next week.
  • I think that the guy should at least communicated with you before leaving on vacation. But, I agree, give it some more time!
    Constellatio Collector sevenoften@hotmail.com
    ---------------------------------
    "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished!"
    "If it don't make $"
    "It don't make cents""
  • The guy being on vacation shouldn't have made a difference. Those people should have records of what has happened!! image
  • izzy452izzy452 Posts: 929
    I agree, wait a little longer. You waited this long whats a couple of more days.

Walt image
  • GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭✭
    Well, due to his lack of communication, he'll be getting a neutral at the least on day 89, regardless of what I get in the mail. The 2 weeks I don't mind, it's the lack of communication........if I had waited 2 weeks to pay, I woulda been reported as a NPB by now.
    imageimage

• sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    similar thing happened to me

I emailed a seller (who is on this board frequently) saying I had not received the item yet - it has been 3 weeks and I sent PAYPAL on xx/xx

the next day they emailed back saying they checked their PAYPAL records and the payment was there but they did not receive PAYPAL notification - the item showed up the next week

probably 20% of my pays take me longer than 2 weeks, I have not gotten any NPB - have gotten some reminders though

If you want cash and carry, go to a coin show -

eBay is mostly people selling in their spare time and do not really make any money unless there is fraud involved - also shipping frequently requires a trip to the post office which is not always convenient
  • TypetoneTypetone Posts: 1,621 ✭✭
    Covina is pretty well known. I'm pretty sure you will be taken care of, though the wait is kind of lousy.

Greg
  • Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,874 ✭✭✭
    I'm usually pretty easy going & patient but look, today is the 28th, it's been 13 days since you paid promptly and by the time Friday gets here it will have been 17 days. The guy probably won't come back to work until Monday so that's 20 days.
    I have no sympathy for people that won't take responsibility & pass the buck, never mind passing it to somebody that isn't even there. L of a way to run a business.
    When the guy gets back from vacation he's going to blame it on somebody that's been there the whole time & could have helped you in the first place.
    That's totally unacceptable, get your $$ back and deal with somebody else.
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • I've bought from Covina. I had a terrible experience that ended up okay. I sent funds to the WRONG Covina Paypal account - one that they never used anymore. No one there could remember the password and it took them and myself working through Paypal (imagine that) to get the issue resolved.

It took about 2 weeks but we got it worked out and they were always friendly on the phone. Just call them in a few days and re-explain the problem. They'll handle it for you.
  • homerunhallhomerunhall Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭
    I know the people from Covina Coins. I would be surprised if they didn't take care of you. Everyone's very busy in the coin market now, and everyone's making mistakes. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

David Hall
  • northcoinnorthcoin Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You say the sale was a couple of wheats. I assume this is a minimum cost transaction. It would be unfair to even give the seller a neutral in my opinion if you get the coins withing 30 days.
  • goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Well, due to his lack of communication, he'll be getting a neutral at the least on day 89, regardless of what I get in the mail. The 2 weeks I don't mind, it's the lack of communication........if I had waited 2 weeks to pay, I woulda been reported as a NPB by now. >>

Even if there's a 14d, 09s, or low and behold an SVDB?image
  • FrattLawFrattLaw Posts: 3,290 ✭✭
    Hey, this is an interesting day......I agree with HRH, I know those guys as well and would be surprised if it didn't work out well. They are a nice bunch of people.

Michael
  • RBB617RBB617 Posts: 498 ✭✭
    I've dealt with them without a problem. I understand your frustration, but I'd hold off on the neutral for now and give them the benefit of the doubt. Of course, that's easy for me to say, since I'm not the one waiting for the coins.
    Brian
  • K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
    I've dealt with them several times and never had a problem.

You have 30 days to file a non-delivery report with PayPal. I have had things take three weeks to get to me in the mail. These things happen. If on the 28th day you don't have the goods, file the report with PayPal. You can always resend the money if the item arrives.

One other thing a lot of people aren't aware of, and that is that feedback can be left years after the transaction. By having the item number and other user's ID you can leave feedback at any time using the eBay feedback forum form. A lot of eBayer's have found out the hard way that you can't snipe feedback. If you leave a neutral or negative, be prepared for a retaliatory.
  • wayneherndonwayneherndon Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭
    You'll be okay with Covina.

WH
  • LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭
    I had to rush out to Barstow California becuase of my Aunt whom is dying. I had auctions going to end while I was out there.... I took the coins and shipping materials with, my laptop and conducted everything with no issues or delay.... Owning a laptop made this possible...
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • LincolnCentManLincolnCentMan Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭
    I've delt with them several times. They're a lagit biz. Wait till the e-bay guy gets back. I'm sure it'll get cleared up in quickly after he gets back.

David
  • Gacoinguy,

I wouldn't jump the gun. It's just a simple mishap is all. He's a fantastic dealer and a great guy to work with. I've purchased several commem's from him that have arrived the next day, but of course I live less than 20 miles from his location. Give it time, he won't stiff you!
  • BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    homerun, thanks for taking the time to post about a normal thread--------------------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file