Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Raw 1893-CC, what would you do?

I have a raw 1893-CC VF-XF that was obviously cleaned and retoned many years ago. What would you do with it, keep it raw or net graded by ANACS?

Made a mistake in the text, it is a 1893-CC.
USAF vet 1951-59

Comments

• Options
    Net grade and authentication by ANACS. IMHO image

• Options
    Send it to ANACS. It just MIGHT come back without a net grade if the retoning has covered up the evidence. However, ANACS has a very keen eye so it isn't too likely.
  • Options
    if your intent is to resell - send it to PCGS and take your chances.
  • Options
    Cam40Cam40 Posts: 8,146
    my way of thinking on these deals is only submit coins for holdering if your looking to sell them.
    otherwise, why pay that kind of cost of holdering when an airtite will do the same thing at 30x
    less cost to you.
    gonna sell it? then ya .have it authenticated for sure.
  • Options
    If there are a lot of fake 93-CCs out there, it would be worthwhile to have it authenticated before selling. Otherwise, problem coins can sell raw just as well. I'd go with ANACS for authenticating problem coins.
    The strangest things seem suddenly routine.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think ANACs is the best choice because if you are possibly concerned about a BB, ANACs will net grade and that may be the better result. If you are selling, this date is hot right now and you may be better off selling raw.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    FC57CoinsFC57Coins Posts: 9,140
    I agree - send it to ANACS - you know the coin's been cleaned, all you want to do is authenticate it now and give it a proper grade - once you do that - then you can decide what you want to do with it. Having this information verified will make buyers a lot more comfortable about the prospect image

Frank
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    Unless you were going to sell it I don't see any reason to get it slabbed. If you were, then like everybody else said, ANACS would be the slab I'd use.
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file