Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

New Picture of the Pilgrim Half

A better picture than last night's - but still not happy with it, though it shows more detail - it has good luster underneath - I'm trying to capture that as well as the toning which has a tinge of blue in it too image

Comments

• Options
    Nice Pilgrim pilgrim!image
    PCGS,NGC & ANACS certified toned Morgan dollar dealer.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,398 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can tell it's the sort that would be hard to scan properly. Precisely the sort of coin that looks OK in pictures, but great in person. (In other words, the kind of coin that one can sometimes cherrypick off eBay and be quite pleasantly surprised...)

I seem to recall guessing MS64 last night. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    FC57CoinsFC57Coins Posts: 9,140
    This is going to be a picture taking challenge - I'll see if I can play with it some more - and you're right Lord M - the dealer I got it from was pretty devastated that it only made a 64 - so I was glad to ease his pain by taking it from him image
  • Options
    FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977
    Nice Pilgrim Frank. image
  • Options
    64? long suspected on nice toned commems the grading services spin a 'wheel of fortune' and assign the grade accordingly. Nice coin Pilgrim.
    Collect for enjoyment
  • Options
    Very nice Frank. Great coin!
  • Options
    nuckleheadnucklehead Posts: 1,500
    Great coin,this one's on my want list.I love the reverse on those.
    Friends are Gods way of apologizing for your relatives.
  • Options
    DoubleDimeDoubleDime Posts: 625 ✭✭✭
    Nice looking coin, very nice. My first ancestors to America came over on the Mayflower.
  • Options
    That's a real nice photo. It's not easy to get the lighting, focus, etc correct. Looks good to me!
    Constellatio Collector sevenoften@hotmail.com
    ---------------------------------
    "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished!"
    "If it don't make $"
    "It don't make cents""
  • Options
    Cam40Cam40 Posts: 8,146
    Thats not a 64. Its an old holder.NGC would grade that one today as a 66. Send it in before the standards
    tighten up again.
  • Options
    Nice Pilgrim Frank,

Your getting quite the talent for imaging. I think the detail is awesome. Capturing color on some coins is really difficult. Your image gives me a really good idea about how the coin will look in person.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file