Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Pop question....

Say for instance PCGS has a population on a coin of 1,000. What do you feel is a true number with resubmits? Take into account that there is only a few grades where you could shoot for a higher grade and make a decent buck ($ 2,000).

Comments

• Options
    It all depends on the coin inside. It could be a few or half of the 1,000 pop.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    I think it depends a lot on the pop of the grades just before a big jump in price. If grade X+1 is worth $500 more, seems logical that many of the high-end coins in grade X would have been resubmitted more than once. Knowing the pop of different grades and the price of each grade would be informative.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options
    Lets say that Au-58 to MS63 have very little change in price worth resubmitting but the money is from:

63 to 64.
    64 to 65.

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,951 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've heard that you can easily lop off 33% of just about any pop number.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I've heard that you can easily lop off 33% of just about any pop number. >>

Cool, that would make my pop 8/0 Accented Hair really a pop 5/0. image Of course, that doesn't quite work since there are 7 registered in sets.

Russ, NCNE

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file