Home U.S. Coin Forum

Just completed a deal with Loki...

OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
...on a beautiful MS-63 Pan-Pac half in 1st generation PCGS holder. Lee (Loki) is a terrific person to deal with. I hope to do biz with him in the future. I'll post pics as soon as I get it scanned.

Now I'm only six coins shy of completing my early commem type set. Out of the 44 I do have, 22 of them reside in 1st generation holders.

Cheers,

Bob

Comments

• The 15-s? That coin is a tough one to find. Nice. Got anymore Loki?
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I presume you're referring to the half.

Myself, I'd most like to own the octagonal fifty, but I'd settle for just about any Pan-Pac coin. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks LM...I edited my post. It is the half. With regard to the $50 Pan-Pacs, I love the looks of the octagon, but I prefer the lower mintage of the round. No matter, those are two I'll probably never see in my collection. But then again, I never thought I'd see the half either. image

Funny thing, coin collecting. Given enough time you graduate to the coins you only ever dreamed of owning.

Cheers,

Bob
  • Well, the Halves are far cheaper than the $50 Octagonals, lol. Big difference between $600+ and $35,000+ in MS63.
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,501 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>With regard to the $50 Pan-Pacs, I love the looks of the octagon, but I prefer the lower mintage of the round. No matter, those are two I'll probably never see in my collection. >>

Same here! image

And I don't even have the half!

They're all sweet. I choose the octagonal fifty from a design standpoint. Even if it was an affordable silver coin instead of a high-dollar gold rarity, it would still be my favorite U.S. coin. The half is a pretty design, too.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭
    way to go mr. boat Skipper, Loki is HepKitty approved!
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • ClankeyeClankeye Posts: 3,928
    That's great, Bob! I think those are wonderful coins. I've never owned an example, but I really love the design.

In combo with that Isabella you have, I am sure you have a fine looking type set of commemoratives building.

Clankeye
    Brevity is the soul of wit. --William Shakespeare
  • LokiLoki Posts: 897 ✭✭
    Well I couldn't resist selling it to Bob when he sweetened the deal with an offer to take me for a ride on his sailboat. image
    Thanks for the nice thread Bob. I don't have any more Pan Pac's but I have some other nice early commems in first gen holders. Bob is already pinging on me for my Maine lol.

Lee
  • RGLRGL Posts: 3,784
    Congrats, love that design. And, with so many early slabs, about time for a massive regrade submission?
  • OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>about time for a massive regrade submission? >>

Nope...I'm not a crack junkie. My goal is to complete an early commem type set in 1st generation PCGS holders. Most of the ones I have would probably upgrade, but I love the old rattlers and I'm satisfied knowing they could upgrade if I wanted to resubmit. Besides, as opinionated as grading is, I couldn't bear the thought of one coming back lower.

Cheers,

Bob

Hey Lee...why don't you just send me a list?image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file