Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Big Thanks to Clankeye for the 1 Franc Walker

A great big thanks to Clankeye for selling me his ICON coin, a 1913 1 Franc Walker graded NGC MS64. The image doesn't pick up all color of this beauty, but here it is. I love these coins, and can't believe the prices! You can't even get a U.S coin graded for what it costs to buy these pieces. Thank again Carl.

Cheers

Greg

imageimage

Comments

• Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    T-tone, I'm glad you were able to pull one over on old Clank! Enjoy your journey into the Darkness!!

Clank, you're a good man!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    ClankeyeClankeye Posts: 3,928
    Greg--
    You are more than welcome. I am very pleased to contribute to your continuing spiral into the Dark Side.

Since I am not going to collect the 1 Francs by date, I thought it was time I share the coin. There really is some nice turquoise color on it that doesn't show that well in the photos.

I am keeping this 2 Franc coin for a type coin. It is currently on view in the "ego" thread also:

imageimage

Glad you like the coin, Greg. And I hope that your interest in these coins and the Dark Side keeps growing. Stop by any time.

Clankeye
    Brevity is the soul of wit. --William Shakespeare
  • Options
    TypetoneTypetone Posts: 1,622
    Clank:

When you are ready to sell that UGLY 2 Franc piece let me know, and I will let you outimage

Greg
  • Options
    1jester, Typetone is not alone. Two EIC/British India quarter rupees are on the way from Clankeye for not much more than a speciality coffee costs at some places here. Thanks again Carl image
    Vancouverite

Trying to complete a two of each collection of British India coins.
  • Options
    Greg I may have first dibs on the 2 franc. image
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    Geez, anyone want the curtain rods?image

Yep, it's pretty hard to outfox ol' Clank, but when you're all happy--then so am I!

Carl
  • Options
    Clank, you unloaded some premium East India coins??? Without telling me?! And here I thought we were friends!!image

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    wingedlibertywingedliberty Posts: 4,805 ✭✭
    Yes, Clank is a gentleman and a true numismatist. French Walkers are my passion also.

Brian.
  • Options
    LuvdawgsLuvdawgs Posts: 1,512
    Seems like there are quite a few of us who like the French Walkers. Very pretty ones there, Typetone and Clankeye. I have a couple of them myself, and
    hope to find some more that are prettily toned.

• Options
    1jester, there are a few more rupees from other places on the way. I will have to make a thread with pictures next week! Only George VI to go (for one rupees)! image

edit: That is if you don't count non-high grade ones. The silver George VI one I have looks respectable.. but the 4 in the date is weak.. image
    Vancouverite

Trying to complete a two of each collection of British India coins.
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    In the meantime, judging from the sigline, Vancouverite seems to have completed a very pretty rupee type set.image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    I think Vancouverite managed that a long time ago. They are beautiful!!!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

• Options
    I swear when threads get resusitated, it's like stepping into a time machine. Always throws me for kind of a loop at first. image

Yes, I remember this coin. It's a pretty little thing.

Clankeye
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah- resuscitated threads can make one's head spin. I'll be reading along and then suddenly I'll see a gmarguli post- that's usually the first clue. image

He's been gone for more than a year and is still hanging on to the #10 spot on the Top 10 User Listing, with 19K+ posts. I'll have to bump 'im off. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    LuvdawgsLuvdawgs Posts: 1,512
    I still love dem French Walkers!