Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Stop the OT

I'm no Cameron but I think we really need to cut down on the OT threads in the COIN forum whine at me all you want about me being a goody two shoes and what not but there is a forum made just for ot stuff. So if you want to read them you can just go to the open forum. This is a coin forum not a SciFi forum and not a pizza is good for you forum. Sorry for being so blunt but its really getting to be a pain trying to read the worth while thread with all the garbadge threads around. ~KK~

By the way dont bother posting on how I should shut up and how I'm not the forum police because I really dont care.

Comments

• Options
    This is off-topic but is that a talking piece of bread with cat ears? I like it. image
  • Options
    Its a kittyloaf. And although this is OT I had to post it to stop more of them.
  • Options
    TassaTassa Posts: 2,373 ✭✭
    Why start a thread about OT threads? Isn't that OT? image
  • Options
    Shut up! You're not the forum police.

NMFB ™

• Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    Hey Kitty-Loaf boy! Bite Me!!!!image
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    US Coin Forum people are afraid of the Open Forum (with few exceptions). Not like the Darksiders!!

ohhhhhhhhhhh!

exit stage left!
  • Options
    OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OT is OTAY OT is OTAY OT is OTAY OT is OTAY OT is OTAY OT is OTAY OT is OTAY OT is OTAY OT is OTAY OT is OTAY OT is OTAY OT is OTAY OT is OTAY OT is OTAY OT is OTAY OT is OTAY OT is OTAY OT is OTAY OT is OTAY OT is OTAY OT is OTAY OT is OTAY OT is OTAY OT is OTAY OT is OTAY OT is OTAY OT is OTAY OT is OTAY OT is OTAY OT is OTAY OT is OTAY OT is OTAY...the forum cops (or any cop for that matter) can bite me.image

Some of you pinheads need to have a beer and relax. The world doesn't revolve around you.
  • Options

<< <i>US Coin Forum people are afraid of the Open Forum (with few exceptions). Not like the Darksiders!! >>

I too was once afraid to venture into the Open Forum. However, I have found that it really was not so bad. You just have to watch where you step sometimes. image
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kitty loaf? Please explain. image
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    jeffnpcbjeffnpcb Posts: 1,943
    Okay, just because your Deputy Kitty, get the hint from Sheriff Cameron and leave us alone!! If you don't like it, don't respond to the thread!!
    Go outside and play!! Vitamin D is good for you!!
    HEAD TUCKED AND ROLLING ALONG ENJOYING THE VIEW! [Most people I know!]

NEVER LET HIPPO MOUTH OVERLOAD HUMMINGBIRD BUTT!!!

WORK HARDER!!!!
    Millions on WELFARE depend on you!
  • Options
    A loaf of bread and a kitty cat combined. The open forum can actually some pretty thought provoking topics in it. (Lasers post about topless neighbor. image) And maybe some glasses would help you find the last line of my first post. You wonderwhy I dont do that cause its not that easy! I try to find some informative threads in the forum and if there are any they are nearly impossible to find. I have to wade knee deap a crap OT which is almost always on the open forum. There is an open forum for a reason.
  • Options
    I'm off topic! You're off topic! We're all off topic! Order in the forum! image
  • Options
    Bah Humbug......Ken
  • Options
    coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,485

I'm not speaking about just this thread or all of the people who have replied (mostly in a good natured way) but.......

As this and several other threads have illustrated, it's apparently much easier to tease and/or ignore someone who reminds us when we're OT, than it is to abide by forum guidelines. It takes guts to bring this subject up, as the originators of posts/threads like this know, ahead of time, that they will be ridiculed.
  • Options
    KlectorKid,
    Not to deviate from your OT thread but could you please clean up your run-on sentences and work on your punctuation? I'm going to get a beer now but will be back later to check on your edits. To keep my post related to coins; I collect them! image
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Hey ElectricEye...is that a kitty loaf ??
  • Options
    Yes I will try and work on my sentence structure and grammer. I'm still trying to forget everything I learned from school last year thought so it will be a challenge.
  • Options
    wingedlibertywingedliberty Posts: 4,805 ✭✭
    "grammer" GRAMMAR.

Brian.
  • Options

<< <i>Hey ElectricEye...is that a kitty loaf ?? >>

no, Paigow, that is a kittymad image

• Options
    darktonedarktone Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭
    I agree Kid. The OT threads are sometimes fun to read but they really don't belong in this forum. Some members try to use this as their own personel forum to post whatever subject they desire. Why these posters don't use the open forum is beyond me? Many are probably startled that I feel this way but I feel like I should show my true feelings image. mike
  • Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on your new nickname! C.J. - Cameron Junior
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    Cameron Junior is a place an honor among the Good Guys. I am the only one who can give that award out.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    It's anything BUT an honor or an award.
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    If I'm a good guy do I get a title? And does it have to say good guy on it because I dont want the other kids to laugh at me. imageimage
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    Many of the off topic threads are better than some of the coins stuff.

If you don't like the off topic stuff, don't read or respond to them.

Russ,

I completely agree. Too much OT junk in this forum.

Click here for a perfect example of an off topic thread cluttering up this forum.

LOL--ROFLMAO!image

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    You are just taking my side to try to get a title.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    How am I taking your side? By writing a Stop the OT thread not likely. I coulnt care less about a title and Carol wouldnt give it to me because you called me a good guy anyways.
  • Options
    When did Cameron become a good guy again?

I don't care about OT threads at all - most people are nice enough to start their OT topics with OT:
    I think that's all they really have to do. In any case, I can read the topic and decide if I like it.
    Maurice
    Lurking with intent to loom
  • Options

<< <i>I coulnt care less about a title and Carol wouldnt give it to me because you called me a good guy anyways. >>

A few days ago you were begging and asking how to get one.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    Russ by linking the same thread within itself I think you may start a chain reaction that will totally consume the internet and everything in it. Please refrain from this as I think it is off topic.
    by the way the braves are really kicking tail this year arent they?
  • Options
    Since we are on the topic of titles, can I have the title of bad guy? image
  • Options
    I have recently poked into the open forum. It is pretty neat. It is the perfect place for coin lovers who what to talk about things other than coins.

Personally I would prefer less OT threads here. They bury the coin related threads.
  • Options
    If I remember my old programming days, I think it's called infinite regression where a program calls itself. If not done properly, it will result with the end of mankind by making the earth blow up.
  • Options
    Cam, I DONT CARE Why would starting a stop OT thread get me a title? I dont want to be on your side, I dont want to collect slabs and clean my room for fun, I dont want to get verbally beaten everytime I log onto the forums because I am constantly compaining about OT. But I do want to be able to read about coins. If I got a title that would be great but I'm not losing sleep over it.
  • Options
    OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you grow up you will find titles mean little except to the inflated egos of the self-opinionated windbags who wear them. Life is sometimes too short to get your nuts in a cluster over piddlyassed stuff like this.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,828 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OT is for the Open Forum... but perhaps the real sad part of this thread is that it will have more responses than a serious issue and/or question with respect to US coins... whatever...image

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    They thought that igniting the first atomic weapon would cause the atmosphere of the earth to catch fire, too.

Braves are off topic, please!

How about them Giants!image
    Maurice
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    Hey, this Off Topic thread has become funny with many members showing excellent wit.... image

imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    The subject of OT threads is one that has been viewed as a problem on several forums here for some time now. Many don’t like a too structured forum whereby OT topics are not allowed at all, and some view OT threads as a perversion of the specific purpose of the forum.

Personally, I don’t view a few OT threads as a threat to a forum, and sometimes they provoke thoughts that might otherwise not have happened. The real problem with OT threads as I see it is that if there are too many, then moderation becomes necessary, and usually all lose from that. Self governing and self policing seems to be the most balanced way of handling the OT issue, but those who say no OT threads at all are not met with much enthusiasm by most.

There are specific forums here designed for specific topics, but again when the guidelines for each forum are completely inflexible, I think we all suffer for it. I started off on these boards on the Coin Forum – mostly reading and learning. As my confidence picked up, I started posting here and gained much through it. I never paid much attention to the few OT threads, because I could ignore them or just not post to them if I chose.

The Open Forum is where I hang out most now, because I enjoy the people there, and it is a very freewheeling place – admittedly a little intimidating at first. Once you stick a toe in the water there and get used to the different rhythm of the forum, it may or may not prove to be your particular cup of tea – but I assure you that the forum makes for an interesting read – regardless if you chose to post or not.

The B/S/T forum also has its share of problems with OT posts and some members SPAMMing the board with their for sale threads. The point I want to make most is this: If any of the forums are plagued by too many OT threads, we will get moderation by the administrators – which I feel few would like. To insist on no OT threads strikes me as being too inflexible as well. These boards are ours as long as we respect a few basic posting guidelines, and I would hate to think that the abuses of a few would jeopardize the whole thing for us all.

That’s my 2 cents worth, and I wish you all well – no matter what resolution (or lack of one) comes from this topic.

JR
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

Fight the power!
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    clw54clw54 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If I remember my old programming days, I think it's called infinite regression where a program calls itself. If not done properly, it will result with the end of mankind by making the earth blow up. >>

Recursion.
  • Options
    How about look ahead left right (LALR) parsers written using recursion? Those are my favorite.
    Maurice
  • Options
    Are there really so many off topic threads in the U.S. coin forum that someone has to create a thread addressing OT posts? No offense KlectorKid, but look how many (I'm guilty, too) have kept this thread afloat, pushing coin related threads down on the page.

I thought the moderators were supposed to take care of this anyway. Couldn't they just move the OT threads?

• Options
    EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a little bit surprised that so many adults here have decided to gang up on a teenager (I *think* KK is still in his teens). Adam raised a sincere issue, and one that some of us here really do consider a legitimate issue.

Instead of recognizing that Adam is trying to do something that he feels is correct and encouraging him, you guys tease him. Some in a good-natured manner, but others surely less so.

A bunch of the respondents here are a most curious bunch...

EVP

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• Options

<< <i>Recursion. >>

That's what's it's called! Recursion! It will still blow up the world if not used properly. image
  • Options
    The simple solution would be to have an administrator/moderator who actually takes care of such things and moves the blatantly OT stuff into the Open Forum where it should be.
    Time sure flies when you don't know what you are doing...

CoinPeople.com || CoinWiki.com || NumisLinks.com
  • Options
    clw54clw54 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Recursion. >>

That's what's it's called! Recursion! It will still blow up the world if not used properly. image >>

That's why I'm very careful with it.
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    I was reading the NGC Board tonight and there is a thread at the top over there with 568 views and 44 replies about over here and they don't approve of all the OT threads here either.
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options

<< <i>I was reading the NGC Board tonight and there is a thread at the top over there with 568 views and 44 replies about over here and they don't approve of all the OT threads here either. >>

My broker is E.F. Hutton, and E.F. Hutton says off topic posts are extremely...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file