Home U.S. Coin Forum

Wharptones revisits Larry Steve coins...

image Hi again, thanks for all the kind words! I started out working retail for QDB back in August 1987, then moved to auction writing in 1990, had my own biz 96-98, then back to QDB, then the debacle in W'boro, now at ANR. I just write about coins because I love them! As for thick skin, you just can't work in numismatics with thin skin, trust me on that one! I am always up for a little criticism, that's what keeps this old turd on his toes. Also, I only need to be jumped on once before I get the facts straightimage I know lots of you enjoy chatting (and griping too), that's what the hobby is all about, the chance to chat (or gripe) with old and new friends alike! Ahhh, whuddahobby, whuddahobby, whuddahobby! I hope I make some friends hereimage
The Unknown Numismatic Giant

Comments

• shylockshylock Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭
    It's an honor to have an auction writer on board Wharp, and a dog lover with a sense of humor as well! You took the minor constructive critique well, better than some who responded to the original thread. I think I speak for most here in saying we're rooting for ANR to be a rousing success.
  • Glad you're back. Looking forward to your input on this forum.image

• ClankeyeClankeye Posts: 3,928
    I think you'll make some friends here. You seem to have intelligence, humor and a great perspective on the hobby. Welcome to the forum.

Clankeye
    Brevity is the soul of wit. --William Shakespeare
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    Wharptones,

I like the forum handle. What's it's origin?

Russ, NCNE
  • EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never mind about his handle or coins... Tell us about your dog!!!

EVP

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• image I collect coins, I work with coins, but my true passion is R&B vocal group recordings circa 1946-1961 or so. The "Harptones" are my favorite from the genre, and W (W+Harptones = ...) is for Willie Winfield, their lead singer, hence Wharptones. My doggie is Sophie, half Golden Retriever, half Newf or Akita, never sure which, 100 lbs. in her prime. now a trim 86ish, she's 11 years old and still thinks she's a puppy! She's just our old girl and we love her, long hair and stinky breath and all...heck, we stopped telling her to get off the couch years ago, she's our third child, the big spoiled baby!image
  • EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice to have you around, Wharptones!

I know exactly how you feel about Sophie, 'cuz I'm a big sap when it comes to my sweetie (who is half C-Spaniel and half Shihtzu). She just got groomed, and I haven't yet put her pics online. For now, I'm happy to put up an older, pre-groomed picture of her:

She is a great little girl. She still acts much like a puppy, but that's not so bad considering she's 3-1/2.

EVP

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• What a cutie, don't those doggies just own your heart! By the by, I'm usually peeking in at the forum at 9ish PM EST at night, otherwise I see enough computer time at workimage Night all, hope to meet some of you in Baltimore. I'll be there for ANR's premier sale, then again for the whole next week at ANR's table, c'mon by and say Hi!

• shylockshylock Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭
    My two favorite tailwaggers, Maggie & Tina. Both came pre-named from the local animal league, Tina 15 years ago, Maggie 3 years ago. Maggie ate all my living room furniture her 3rd day, wish I took a picture of that! She's outgrown her taste for upholstery.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file