Home U.S. Coin Forum

Marietta Show today

GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭✭
Went to the monthly show in Marietta Ga, kinda quiet. I saw a few empty tables, and the crowd was kinda lite while I was there. I guess everyone is saving up for Baltimore........ As I was kinda short on time, I made a quick run- thru, then met up with Wayne Herndon to pick up some coins he had submitted......we laughed over some of the grades, he gave me some very good advice so I don't send the junk like I did in my last 3 submissions...........although I did make some nice coins, I did waste a bundle. We talked about the up-coming ANA, and I drooled over some of the most amazing toned Morgans I have ever seen. He has them in colors ranging from a pinkish-gold to a brilliant sea green, and every color combination in between. He also showed me a really nice bust 25c that had some real pretty blue album toning......I was so mesmerized by the colors, I never even looked at the grades on most of them. Anyone going to Baltimore really needs to check out Waynes table............I just wish I had the $ to pick up a few of them. I did find another coin for my military commem set I am working on.......the 50c WW2. now I only need a couple more to be done........the $5 WW2 gold, the USO $1, and the 2 Civil War Commems(If I can ever decide if I want to include them in this display I'm making for the set).
imageimage

Comments

• FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977
    GaCoinGuy

Sorry I missed you.

I agree, Wayne has beautiful pieces. Spent about an hour with him today myself. That bust 25c is amazing. I was looking at commems and had a hard time concentrating because the colorful morgans were right below. Class act all the way.
  • FC57CoinsFC57Coins Posts: 9,140
    Jeff - sorry we missed you - Dahlonega and I were a couple of tables down from Wayne - we had a chance to visit with him for a bit - as always class act all the way. As for us - we had a great time - there was some buying and selling, but nothing spectacular... Of course - SOME PEOPLE did make some major purchases and had grins from ear to ear - but we won't discuss that at this point image

Stop by next month!

Regards,

Frank
  • GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭✭
    Will really try to make it to Birmingham on Saturday, Sunday is gonna be busy, got a BHRG adoption in Buckhead, then back to Paulding, then out to Jefferson, then have a 650am flight out of Hartsfield monday morning. Wish I had had more time to browse and talk today, but after I left Marietta, I went home to Paulding county, then back out to Gwinnett.
    imageimage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file