Home U.S. Coin Forum

Confederate Gold for your enjoyment

The dollar was definitely traced to minting while the Dahlonega Mint was under Confederate jurisdiction - not so clear cut on the half eagle - but hey - who's to argue right? Enjoy! image

imageimage

Comments

• FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977
    Frank

Have you been playing with coins at Dahlonega's house. Sure looks like you've found some gold treasures this evening.
    Are you going to the show in Marietta in the morning. If so, I'll see you there.
  • Beautiful! Just beautiful!!
    My eBay Auctions of US Type Coinage

PM me if you have any MS63 or higher large cents and half cents. I'm also looking for a PR64RB Two cent piece, a PR64/PR63 3CS, and an 1859 Indian cent in MS62/63.
  • FC57CoinsFC57Coins Posts: 9,140
    Bytheway - these two coins rank among the best if not at the top of list of finest known - the half eagle is an MS62, the dollar I believe is the same or perhaps a 63, I'll have to check again.

Frank
  • 1jester1jester Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭
    SuhhhhhhWEEEEEEET!!!!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • ms70ms70 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice gold! I'm going to Baltimore with my sights set on half eagles from Dahlonega & Charlotte for my
    type set. Can't wait!

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• I love gold!!image
    I can't afford gold.image
  • ms70ms70 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

Neither can I. It took a lot of saving and overtime for my big Baltimore plan! And I can safely say that the coins
    I pick up certainly won't be MS, and probably not AU either, but it's the best I can do...

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• cosmicdebriscosmicdebris Posts: 12,332 ✭✭✭
    imageimage
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • darktonedarktone Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭
    Very nice Frank! Are you trading in those Franklin half dollars for these gold coinsimage. mike
  • pmh1nicpmh1nic Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice examples of some rare pieces of southern branch mint history. According to Mint records all 1,597 1961 Half Eagles were struck in February although it's believed that an additional 1,650 coins (Birdsall) or 1,000 ~ 2,000 (Winter) were struck and went unreported. There is not official Mint record of the 1861 Dollars being struck but it is believed that 3,000 (Birdsall) or 1,000 ~ 1,500 (Winter) were struck and went unreported.
    The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice is it possible for an empire to rise without His aid? Benjamin Franklin
  • RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No doubt from the "North Alabama" collection. They are spectacular.
  • relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570
    and enjoy them I did. Thanksimage
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • coinkatcoinkat Posts: 23,023 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow...very impressive.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file