Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1984 Topps Football PSA 10's on the registry HELP!

I need some help. I am mainly a vintage baseball collector but I just send in some 80's football and the grades are back.

I got 2 1984 Topps PSA 10 Roger Craig Rookies #353 (POP 4) and 3 1984 Topps Lawrence Taylor #321 PSA 10's. (POP 3) and 2 1984 Topps Dan Marino IR # 124 P{Sa 10 (POP TONS!) I also got psa 10's of the following 1989 Rod Woodson Topps #323 and 1989 Pro Set Barry Sanders. I also got a bunch of 1984 Topps 9's including Franco Harris, Roger Craig, LT, Dickerson, Elway and Marino Rookie.

My real question is what are the 10's worth. I am going to list them on ebay but I do not know where to start price wise. Can someone give me some guidance.

Brian

Comments

• Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

$9.99 and let it ride!!

John
  • Options
    nice cards.....dont know much about the values since many of em are so low pop, but from what 4_sharp_corners sells cards like this for, expect maybe $80-$90 ea. for the Craigs and the LT's. the Barry Sanders pro set usually sells for anywhere from $25-$45 in psa 10. not sure about the rest.

congrats on the grades though.
  • Options
    VirtualizardVirtualizard Posts: 1,936 ✭✭
    Start them at $9.99. High minimum bids turn off potential bidders. I've listed cards with $19.99 opening bids that end up not selling. I relist at $9.99 and the cards end up selling for $30+. This has happened to me several times. It also saves you the additional listing fees on ebay - up to $9.99 costs only $0.30. Anyone interested in these cards will be searching ebay for them regularly. If someone comes across it by accident and sees a low minimum bid, they may place the initial bid. As the competition to win the card increases, the bids will go up. I believe that bidders who already have invested their time to watch a specific auction are more inclined to raise their bids as they get outbid. But, if you list a card at a value close to what it's worth, it's possible that only 1 or 2 potential bidders will watch the auction and may even forget to bid.

Hope that helps.

JEB.
  • Options
    NHLfightguyNHLfightguy Posts: 525 ✭✭
    I bought Gary Anderson (all time scoring leader) 1984 Topps PSa 10 1/1 for $33. Saw Largent go in the $30 range as well. I also just knocked down psa 10 1983 Topps Dan Fouts for $24. I think the Marino's will go for over $50, the Craig should do well being his rookie. Just start them at $9.99 and see where they go. Like Virt and Basil said. Most people are turned off by high opening bids.
  • Options
    AlanAllenAlanAllen Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭
    Let's see the submission number, you might have something I want image

I'd expect the Craigs to go for more like $200. There are lots of 80's 49ers collectors and Craig 9's usually sell pretty strong. Woodson is red hot right now too, but Topps? Probably $20-$30. The other price estimates are probably close.

No such details will spoil my plans...
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    For really solid cards, I like starting them at 1 cent. It lets all the bottom feeders on ebay place like 12 bids before it even reaches $5. By the end of the auction, you'll have like 27 bids. Sometimes that may help at the end.
  • Options
    BkritzBkritz Posts: 1,093 ✭✭
    My submission # is 8035507. Let me know if you guys want to make offers for anything.

Brian
  • Options
    BkritzBkritz Posts: 1,093 ✭✭
    Thanks for all the help! A 1984 Rookie Craig, a 1984 Marino IR and the 1984 Taylor and the 1989 Woodson PSA 10s are on ebay now! Of course, I have duplicates and offers are always welcome!

Briankritz@aol.com is my email.
  • Options
    BRIAN I had a 89 pro set sanders psa 10 close tonight at $26.00 if that helps. stated bid at $9.99 had 8 differant bidders so good interest. gl
  • Options
    RobERobE Posts: 1,160 ✭✭
    353 Craig SMR is $125+
    321 Lawrence is $140+
    Marino is $225

I don't know if they sell for over or under SMR but I'd be pleased to bring in anywhere close to that for those 3 alone.It would make the rest gravy since I'm going to assume that the 10s you put in your 1980 T set are from your very own submissions.

Congrats on the results,I just wound up with a PSA 8 579 from 80 but I'm jealous! imageimage