Home U.S. Coin Forum

We are all family, we are brought together for the love of coins...

LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭
This place is really great. We all share a common bond, the love and study of coins. Why must we fight and bash? (I know I'm guilty as well).... We all have a passion for a particular series...... My greatest love in coins is probably Winged Libertys.... I have loved these little JEWELs since I was a little girl. Being a big collector of the 1950s and one whom lives that lifestyle, the Franklin also won a special place in my heart. The last half dollar that had 100% silver and never clad.

I enjoy the threads on all coins, from the Bust coins to the Morgans to the Roosies to the new quarters. I love em raw and slabb'd...... I prefer PCGs but I own some lovely NGC coins and always give them a look. I also love the little seated half dimes, another series that I purchased many beat up ones as a child. I used to hold them and wonder who else held them and spent them, I would fantasize about the wild west cowboy days and gold coins being used.......

There are some coins I have always wanted but yet to buy, such as the Flying Eagle penny. I love them all, but my passion at this point is my Frankies....... We are one big family, and like most families, we don't always get along....... But this place is great...... To all whom have a passion for their series no matter what it is..... BE BOP A LULA to you!!!!!!!
imageBe Bop A Lula!!
"Senorita HepKitty"
"I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter

Comments

• MadMonkMadMonk Posts: 3,743

Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
  • coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,484 ✭✭✭
    Well said, Lucy.image
  • ERER Posts: 7,345

<< <i>.....Why must we fight and bash? ......!!!!!!! >>

Because we are " one big family ", Lucy.image
  • You know.................I never had a Franklin.......Never wanted a Franklin.........Had no Intention of EVER dealing with or collecting Franklins.

Then came Lucy.

dammimage
  • Kudo's to you Lucy very well put.

Bigern image
  • I like all types of coins too! Thanks everybody for the educational and fun threads!
  • CLASSICSCLASSICS Posts: 1,164 ✭✭
    HEP KITTY.....you are more than a coin collector, or someone who just makes a post, you are someone who can see into the hearts of others....you share, and give without asking for anything in return.....you are a lovely lady with wisdom, and class...oh...and did i mention very, veryimage
  • Basically, she likes me.
    24HourForums.com - load images, create albums, place ads, talk coins, enjoy the community.
  • Lucy Bop, You are one of our Treasures!!!image
  • ClankeyeClankeye Posts: 3,928
    Good for you, Lucy. Well said.

Clankeye
    Brevity is the soul of wit. --William Shakespeare
  • tjkilliantjkillian Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭
    Well said. We should concentrate on what binds us together: Coins!!

Tom
    Tom

• RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great post, Lucy. Long live the boards!
  • ms70ms70 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

BE BOP A LULA to you too!!! A nice & refreshing post!!

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭
    We are one big family, and like most families, we don't always get along....... But this place is great...... To all whom have a passion for their series no matter what it is..... BE BOP A LULA to you!!!!!!!

image I can't think of a better way to put it.
    National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.
  • greghansengreghansen Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭
    Group hug time?

Greg Hansen, Melbourne, FL Click here for any current EBAY auctions Multiple "Circle of Trust" transactions over 14 years on forum

• RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭✭
  • TassaTassa Posts: 2,373 ✭✭
    Agreed. Well said, Lucy. Be Bop a Lula right back at ya!
  • PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a great place to be.

Everyone will help if they can.

No question has ever gone unanswered.image
    Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,874 ✭✭✭
    First of all I'm not kin to any of you and if I was I wouldn't claim you.
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • TassaTassa Posts: 2,373 ✭✭

<< <i>First of all I'm not kin to any of you and if I was I wouldn't claim you. >>

That's okay Dog, we still love you. image (And if you don't like it, bite me!) image
  • jeffnpcbjeffnpcb Posts: 1,943
    imageHEY, this looks like an open forum topic!!! Just thought I would jump the gun before the forum gestapo shows up!!
    Winged Liberties, Franklins and those cute Cam and Dcam Roosevelts are sweet!! Throw in a few varieties(which should happen in the registry) and you have a great set!!

Now I'm ready for my group hug!! Just keep an eye on Marty and Russ for any strange hand action!! They'll slip your coins away!!
    HEAD TUCKED AND ROLLING ALONG ENJOYING THE VIEW! [Most people I know!]

NEVER LET HIPPO MOUTH OVERLOAD HUMMINGBIRD BUTT!!!

WORK HARDER!!!!
    Millions on WELFARE depend on you!
  • Well said Lucy! image
  • 09sVDB09sVDB Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭
    Very well said Lucy. Thanks for posting it.
  • If my kids didn't fight on a daily basis, I would be afraid that they were plotting to do something really bad to each other. image
    Time sure flies when you don't know what you are doing...

CoinPeople.com || CoinWiki.com || NumisLinks.com
  • shylockshylock Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭
    Nice thread. One of the reasons I still like the PCGS forum is the diversity. Not just in interest, but in collector experience and approach to the hobby. The enthusiasm and open mindedness of the newer collectors often uncovers things that those who are set in their ways overlook. Everyone can learn something here if you ignore the nonsense, sometimes the most succulent meat sits right next to the gristle.
  • ClankeyeClankeye Posts: 3,928
    Great post, Shylock. Ditto that.

Clankeye
    Brevity is the soul of wit. --William Shakespeare

• << <i>The last half dollar that had 100% silver and never clad. >>

OK, I'll say it. 90% silver, honey. 90%!
  • Simple Elegant and right to the point...Great post!!!!!!!!!!
  • stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey great!!! Now what was the question?
    Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • ms70ms70 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WE are fam-i-lee, hey hey hey hey hee ho!

I got all my sisters with me!

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• MrKelsoMrKelso Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭
    That was beautiful It's a beautiful thing image

"The silver is mine and the gold is mine,' declares the LORD GOD Almighty."
  • ldhairldhair Posts: 7,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did someone say Flying Eagle. Well said Lucyimage
    Larry

• dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,691 ✭✭✭
    ttt

for "i luv lucy"!

K S
  • ZerbeZerbe Posts: 587 ✭✭
    The fighting/ bashing is depressing at times, but those little "battles"
    are quickly forgotten and overall I agree with Lucy, " this place is really great " and Lucy is one of the Gems.

BE BOP A LULA LUCY !!!!!!!

And I would never arrest her ' for disturbing the piece 'image
  • barberloverbarberlover Posts: 2,228 ✭✭
    Anyone that would pay money to collect little shiney round pieces of metal must be freakin nuts !!!
    Oh... well, so I'm freakin nuts.

I still remember the first time my dad brought me to his favorite coin shop and I saw my first buffalo nickle and my first gold coin. It kinda made my Jefferson and Lincoln collections pale in importance.

I am proud to have been told by fatman that I love "shiney round pieces of metal" he was absolutly right! Especially if that shiney metal was made before my grandparents were born.

Great thread Lucy!
    The President claims he didn't lie about taxes for those earning less then $250,000 a year with public mandated health insurance yet his own justice department has said they will use the right of the government to tax when the states appeals go to court.
  • Thank you Lucy.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file