Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

I wonder about this submitter??

2»

Comments

• Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

Mike-

What are the POPs on those cards? Have you tried making some outlandish offers to get them or are you going to sit and wait it out?

John
  • Options
    mcastaldimcastaldi Posts: 1,130 ✭✭
    John> The pops aren't crazy - all over 10 in PSA8. But in the last year or so, I've seldom seen them come to eBay. I'm not panicking just yet. SportsFest is coming in two weeks so I'll be scouring for them. Barring that, I'll start looking for raw. I already have a Joshua in PSA7 and a raw Beniquez I think would end up in a 7 holder. If SportsFest doesn't pan out, I'll start e-mailing dealers to see what they can do for me. I'm inclined to wait it out, but I may have the Beniquez graded just to get to 100% and then upgrade later. . .I dunno.

Always an adventure image

Mike
    So full of action, my name should be a verb.
  • Options
    VirtualizardVirtualizard Posts: 1,936 ✭✭

<< <i>... I already have a Joshua in PSA7 and a raw Beniquez I think would end up in a 7 holder. If SportsFest doesn't pan out, I'll start e-mailing dealers to see what they can do for me. I'm inclined to wait it out, but I may have the Beniquez graded just to get to 100% and then upgrade later. . .I dunno.

Always an adventure image

Mike >>

Mike,

I've had several raw cards from the 1970 set sitting in a pile ready to submit to PSA for just the same reason. I don't think they'll get an 8 (they're nice looking 7s though), but I figured I'd finish the set and upgrade later. I've been holding out for about 4 months now. I even have the 5 free submissions for getting to 75% still to use and can never decide which 5 cards to submit. I've got several others that have a shot at 10s but I'm still reluctant to submit.

Well, just yesterday, my wait finally paid off:

I got the #7 Indians Rookies and the #13 Jack Hiatt with almost no competition. The #7 has a Pop of 3 in PSA 8 with none graded higher and the #13 has a Pop of 3 in PSA 8 with 1 PSA 9. I know Chris Renaud still needs the #7 card and I was sure I was going to be outsniped (he already has the only #13 PSA 9). I guess I got lucky - could it have been DSL's 5 day auction ending early on a Saturday night?

Anyway, my point is - stick it out. I know it's tempting to just finish off the set. I have just moved on to other sets to keep me occupied in the meantime.

By the way, I checked my raw '75s for you. Unfortunataley, none of the 4 cards you need would grade 8 or better. I have 3 Von Joshua cards that are nicely centered with no fisheyes or other marks, but the corners would probably knock them down to a 6 at best.

Good luck finding what you're looking for. It will happen eventually.

JEB.
  • Options
    mcastaldimcastaldi Posts: 1,130 ✭✭
    Jeb> I managed to find a Christenson. . .and. . .I have the Leading Firemen but it needs to be reholdered because it's mislabeled (mechanical error). So it's just the two of em image

Mike
    So full of action, my name should be a verb.
  • Options
    Doc,

I've got a 1975 Topps card that needs an emergency corner transplant and perhaps some liposuction around the edges. Can you help me?
  • Options
    Check out this post on the SGC forum from Wentz.....sgc forum post
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    It appears that his comments were deleted.

Does anyone know what they were?
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    bingo, i would pm them to you, but you don't have your pm's on, I'm not trying to instigate by posting MW's posts, I just thought it was interesting, anyone who wanted to know what it said, pm me and I'll let you know.
  • Options
    VirtualizardVirtualizard Posts: 1,936 ✭✭
    His post basically stated that he had discussed the problem of opening PSA holders and replacing cards with a major dealer months (even years) in advance of the WIWAG scandal and that someone had brought the problem to PSA's attention to no avail. He also stated that this person was instrumental in the FBI investigation and that PSA basically wanted no part of it and then took the credit for bringing WIWAG to justice.

Disclaimer: I have no opinion in this matter. I'm just telling you what I remember from reading the post on SGC's message board some 8 hours ago.

JEB.
  • Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    try cracking a holder of recent. the sonic sealing pressure has been increased.