Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What's Your Best NGC to PCGS Crossover Rate?

RKKayRKKay Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭
I recently got 3 for 5.image

Comments

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,017 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1893-P Morgan ms63 with a couple a roller marks too I mite add. Second best is 1894-P in AU50.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    RGLRGL Posts: 3,784
    1 for 1, although I have another NGC that will be on the way sometime in the coming eon that could drop me to 50%.
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm with mbbiker.

zero crossed!

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    Two out of five a year or so ago, when things were really tough trying to cross over NGC coins still in the holder. I think I would have done better if I had submitted them today. The two that did cross are possible upgrade candidates, but I'm not going to try.
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rick:

Do you mean at the same or higher grade or just cross-over??
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    Tim, I meant crossover on one invoice.
  • Options
    Well, I'm 0/15 trying to cross red IHC's at the same level. I did get 1/1 at the St. Louis show that upgraded from NGC 65 to PCGS 66, but it was CN, not bronze. Haven't tried any patterns. The 3/5 - were those copper or silver??

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    One was silver, one copper, one nickel.
  • Options
    boiler78boiler78 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What no gold?image
  • Options
    Sell me some gold, and I'll cross it.image
  • Options
    BigMooseBigMoose Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭
    My best ever percentage crossovers from NGC to PCGS at the same grade or higher was at the Central States Show in 2002 in Columbus, Ohio. I went 16 for 20 on crossovers and these were nearly all proof Indian cents with color in NGC holders ranging from PR66BN to PR67RB. I had been buying these for a few years and just decided to take what I thought were the best ones and try to cross them to PCGS. These were all done at the on site show rate of $60.00 per coin. I'm not sure if that had anything to do with the high success rate. At the last Baltimore Show in March, I went 4 for 8 on crosses including an 1864 CN Indian cent that crossed to PCGS as PR65 Deep Cameo and an 1881 cent that crossed as PR67RB.
    TomT-1794

Check out some of my 1794 Large Cents on www.coingallery.org
  • Options
  • Options
    RKKay, its true! 16 for 20. Lakesammman can attest to the fact that I have a decent eye for proof indian cents.
    TomT-1794

• Options
    Rick:

If you knew the Moose, you'd know they made a mistake on the other 4!
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    I AM 3 FOR 5 CROSSOVER IN GRADE.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭✭
    I did 3/5,,, 2/5,,,,2/5 back to back to back. I guess thats 7 for 15 for 3 invoices
  • Options
    FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977
    100%

in small print: 1for 1
  • Options
    I haven't done to many but of the last 3 attempts i have hit on only 1. I think they were right on 1 of the other 2 and dead wrong on the third. My lifetime rate is about 50/50.
    The President claims he didn't lie about taxes for those earning less then $250,000 a year with public mandated health insurance yet his own justice department has said they will use the right of the government to tax when the states appeals go to court.
  • Options
    Thank you, RKKay! I hope to meet you in Baltimore this summer. I am fooling around with the 1858 pattern cents but Lakesamman has been buying up everything nice. I hope to get to you before he does at the ANA Convention.
    TomT-1794

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0%. I have NEVER got an NGC to cross on about 10 attempts. However on coins I cracked out I have almost always got the same grade or in some cases higher. Mmmmmmmm?

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    2 for 2, a 1909 VDB MS65RD and a 2 Cent 1867 MS64RB.

I have 2 in right now, should know any day... Hoping for 4/4.
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got my results on 6 3CNs today. 0/6! Asked for a Presidential Review on one. image
  • Options
    zennyzenny Posts: 1,549
    one and only attempt came back 1/3, but one was cross only on upgrade so it's more like 1/2 with a gimme to pcgs.

z
  • Options
    Moose, Tim is relentless in his putting together that spectacular set. Stop by and introduce yourself in Baltimore. PM me with what you are seeking. I'm sure I've got something that Tim already has 5 or 6 dupes of.image
  • Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ditto to Roadrunner. It seems that if I have the balls to crack it out, I get the grade. Does this mean PCGS doesn't treat crossovers fairly, or am I just so confident on one that I will crack out that it truly is what I think it is?

I've got a box here I want to submit for cross, but I can't find my balls.
    Doug
  • Options
    Same experience - when I specify a minimum grade, I'm 0/15.

When I say cross at any grade, it upgrades (1/1).

The difference is, the grader see's the coin in the holder in the first case, raw in the second.image
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cross at same grade or higher....3 for 8 with one upgrade. This was done about a year and a half ago. Did crack two out and one came back the same and one a grade lower. Sort of figured the one that came back lower would. It was worth a try though.

Ken
  • Options
    DHeathDHeath Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭
    Only tried two coins this year, and both crossed at grade and designation. Both one coin invoices.
    Developing theory is what we are meant to do as academic researchers
    and it sets us apart from practitioners and consultants. Gregor
  • Options
    Pay money to CHANGE the PLASTIC around the coin??? image
    LiberalMan461 is a freethinking man since he was born in 4/61!!!

I enjoy debates on politics, world affairs, pork vs chicken, and which color of M&Ms are the best!!!

AL GORE IN 2004 & 2008!!!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file