Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

This can't be for real

ebay link

This is a $2000 coin. This seller has no feedback, and the same person is bidding on half his auctions (check seller's other auctions). There are some unbelievable deals if you're willing to take some risk though.
David

Comments

• Options
    NumisEdNumisEd Posts: 1,336
    He's selling the same coin twice. Take a look at the 1930 Quarter. He has it listed twice. Also, notice that "batesshell" is bidding on all of the auctions and has 0 feedback....like the seller. An obvious shill. The raw coins that this bozo is selling are total crap. Did you see the Barber quarter that is polished to he11 and back? Barf. I see that our own "scamcrook" is the high bidder on the bogus 1930 quarter auction. HA!
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 24,073 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure, but the separation of the insert from the coin makes me think that the coin may be lifted from a major retailer's site. Let's see if anyone can find out who really owns the coin!
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    Welcome to the Forums Jxnboy!! It's in a PCGS holder. If I had extra money, That baby would be mine!!image
  • Options
    He has all his junk mixed up. Here is is selling a barber but has a seated half pictured.

Auction
    Bill

The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
  • Options
    The scary part of this is if someone who really knew what they were doing tried to rip knowledgeble coin dealers and collectors and did it right. He could make one large sell on ebay and then go to mexico! image
    In an insane society, a sane person will appear to be insane.
  • Options
    Here is where he stole the picture from.

Auction
    Bill

• Options
    Its the same exact picture, this guy needs to be reported before he starts to rip people off.
  • Options
    Dirty Rotten Knuckle Draggin Mud Sucker!!!image
  • Options
    Good job wwbillman finding the picture he's using for the SLQ. I didn't look too closely at all his auctions, but enough to see that he had shills put in by the same person on many of them. His photos are a mix of slabbed and raw coins that he obvious stole from other auctions. There's no risk here at all; you can be 100% certain you're going to get ripped off. And yes, if he was better at this, he'd have built up a bit more feedback - he still needs to learn some lingo tho, not many people say "it was coined yesterday."

When I click on the report fraud link in ebay I get a "page has moved" error and no redirect. Anybody know how to report this?
    David
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,018 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great work, WWB!

Also, isn't it suspicious that he wouldn't advertise them as PCGS coins? Does he not want people who know what they're doing to look?

Jeremy
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    You're right Airplanenut, it's his ignorance that's getting in the way of him making even more money off these poor unsuspecting honest bidders. If he stated PCGS MS66 FH he'd have all sorts of action on his auction. He doesn't know coins but knows that he can make a ton in one fell swoop and then ditch the account...
    David
  • Options
    CLASSICSCLASSICS Posts: 1,164 ✭✭

<< <i>Its the same exact picture, this guy needs to be reported before he starts to rip people off. >>

.................................DONE....................
  • Options
    I sent an email to the pictures owner letting him know what is going on.
    Bill

• Options
    The resident "Detective Columbo's" strike again......

His shill is even bidding on the Elgin watch he has upimage

John

Enjoy the day.........
  • Options
    tjkilliantjkillian Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭
    You also notice he never bothers to tell you about the mint mark? As if any would really care which mint a coin was "coined" atimage

Tom
    Tom

• Options
    ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like the auction is still going on.....someone call batman to help!!!!
    Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • Options
    sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    I "asked the seller a question"

I live near by, can I come see the coin?

I have had so many people screw me, I am not willing to pay $2000 for coins that are not seen by me.

his response was -> sure.

Does anyone live near Patoka, IL??

I did not realize the auction closes in 4 hours.

I also believe the seller has a coin, just not the one pictured as people have pointed out that it was in another auction that closed 2 days ago.
    They probably do not even know what that PCGS rectangle between the coin signifies.
  • Options
    lclugzalclugza Posts: 568 ✭✭
    He actually has three identical 1930 PCGS MS66FH quarters up for sale. Wonder if he has an original roll?
    image"Darkside" gold
  • Options
    The next time I need a detective, I'm hiring somebody from this forum. Damn, I'm scared to list a coin to sell. Na, I like people who know what they are doing. Keep up the good work.Ed
    eddye_2001
  • Options
    Looks like Pop1eye got him good Link Is he a member here?
    Bill

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977
    A real Saint
  • Options
    pmapma just nailed this seller with 2 more negs. This guy is getting hammered image
    Bill

• Options
    I've watched unfold. You guys are really great!!!

Good detective work in spotting it... Follow through on the other auctions and bidders... even finding the picture where the guy lifted it...
    The teamwork was impressive....

If there were a SportCenter for coin collecting, this would be "Play of the Week"
  • Options
    Has anyone looked at all this guys completed auctions? I know this one is over but I could not help but link this. History
    Bill

• Options
    TassaTassa Posts: 2,373 ✭✭
    Gee, this 1907 Barber looks a lot like this 1877-S Seated Liberty. Tsk, tsk, tsk. image

I'm just wondering how much longer it will be before the seller is Naru'd.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file