Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1921 Satin Proof Peace $

Does anyone here know exactly what the diagnostics are for a 1921 Satin Proof Peace $. I read Breen's diagnostics and I think I have a coin that fits all 3 (sorry Mark, I looked at under a microscope and it matches Breen's description) --- die polish lines in Liberty, die polish lines between the S and O on the reverse, 3-D rays on reverse with die polish marks between the rays and a full strike with great hair and wing detail. It also has a nice high relief * after TRVST.

Unfortunately the coin has been cleaned and has a little rub, but that won't matter too much to me if it is a proof.

Is there something else I'm missing as a diagnostic or is there a diagnostic that completely eliminates it as a proof. This coin does have a rather large amount of die polish marks all over it.

Here's a link to one that sold @ Heritage that was uncertified. Proof Peace

And who would know Satin Proofs better ANACS or NGC?

Thanks
Michael

Comments

• Options
    ccrccr Posts: 2,446
    I don`t know if it is or isn`t. The way it`s presented, the reverse is something wicked! Wow! I wish the Eagle looked that good on some of my 63`s. I think it looks like a worth while pickup.
  • Options
    That's not the one I bought, I just linked to it for an example.

Michael
  • Options
    zennyzenny Posts: 1,549
    that heritage coin makes me want to cry.

someone bought that for $402.50?

gee whillikers, that's a nice buy!

hope you did half as well Michael.

z
  • Options
    ccrccr Posts: 2,446
    ttt for the afternoon crowd.
  • Options
    I dont believe the 21 came in proof. Only the 22. And only a very few of those. I saw one in person once. John Danreuther showed it to me in his office one day. I didnt really like the way it looked but I would have loved to have been able to own it. Wow!image
    In an insane society, a sane person will appear to be insane.
  • Options

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    greghansengreghansen Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭
    Cameron, your hairs gotten longer since I met you at the FUN show. Coins out of focus, but with all the curves... camera was probably confused as to what it should focus on.

Greg Hansen, Melbourne, FL Click here for any current EBAY auctions Multiple "Circle of Trust" transactions over 14 years on forum

• Options
    GDJMSPGDJMSP Posts: 799
    eagle7 -

Not only did the '21 Peace come in Proof - there were 2 varieties - the Satin proof & the Matte Proof. In '22 there were 3 varieties - the Matte Proof in both high & low relief and the Satin Proof in low relief.

FrattLaw -

If you can email me detailed pics I'd be happy to try and help you with the diagnostics.
    knowledge ........ share it
  • Options
    Let's see.... Heritage, the LARGEST coin auction house in the world sells a raw coin they THINK is a proof... Come on.... until it's in a pcgs holder... it's a regular coin....

I wonder how many times they already submitted it.... 10?
  • Options
    ERER Posts: 7,345

<< <i>image

Cameron Kiefer >>

Holy cow! Cameron has been taking estrogen!image
  • Options
    That is not me. That is ANACONDA's secretary.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh to be a pair of maroon pants.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file