Home U.S. Coin Forum

Anybody put any goodies into circulation lately?

I put 4000 wheaties into the bank yesterday. Anyone do this kind of thing???.......Ken

Comments

• I recently spent two rolls of no date Buffalo Nickels in different places. image
  • FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977
    I picked up a roll of partial date Buffaloes this weekend at the GNA Show. I will be placing it into circulation next Thursday night at our community pool concession stand for a swim meet. I did this last year and it was fun to watch the kids once they realized they had a "real old coin".
  • jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its been a while, but I dumped a couple old slick's from a small collection I bought.

There were two barber dimes that were about Poor-1's date about gone, and a slick SLQ, few buffalo's and corroded Shield nickel.

Almost forgot, Several months ago, I picked up a large hoard (125+ rolls) of 1960-d small date Lincolns from a guy who had them stored in his closet for about 25 years. The coins were all unc' but some of the rolls had turnned brown from not being stored properly, I dumped these plus some of the other rolls into the local bank.

About a month later, while eating at a local hotdog establishment, I got twounc 60-d lincolns in change, I figured that they were from my deposit, since its down the street from the bank.
  • TassaTassa Posts: 2,373 ✭✭
    I haven't done it yet, but I plan to spend some Mercs and Buffalo nickels soon.
  • I do it every week just a little, plus Sacs and Kennedys that didn't make it to circulation.

Lots of fun.
  • MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    A bunch of 1960s BU nickels!
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    I have an Accented Hair "circulating" in my pocket. image

Russ, NCNE
  • MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    Hmmmmm, pocket pool with an AH Kennedy, Russ that's just WRONG!!!
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A roll of common date (well circulated) Liberty nickels. Given the recent publicity, it's hilarious when I turn my back and walk away. As soon as I clear the door everyone stands there staring at it wondering if they're the new millionaire. image

Cheers,

Bob
  • bozboz Posts: 1,405
    The other day I went to a well know fast food restaurant and plopped down four Sacs and a 1921 Morgan I carry around with me as payment. The clerk (young man probably around 16) looked at them, and then me. He then replied, " Sir we can't take foreign money. "
    The great use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast it--James Truslow Adams
  • itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    Today, one well worn Liberty nickel and a wheat cent into the collection basket at church.
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • I generally put IHC, Wheaties, Buffs, Lib 5c, Mercs fairly often (a few a month) back into circulation.
    My eBay Items

I love Ike dollars and all other dollar series !!!

I also love Major Circulation Strike Type Sets, clad Washingtons ('65 to '98) and key date coins !!!!!

If ignorance is bliss, shouldn't we have more happy people ??
  • When I put a varietie from a proof set away I put the remaining coins into circulation. Also a couple of indian head cents and some steel cents. Joe
  • AH HA! So I'm not the only one who spends his crappy left over Proof coins!image
  • I just feel bad putting the silver in too.image
  • As I've learned from Bill White; It's a good idea to give the non filler coins to the YN's. I'm giving some PCGS graded coins I had laying around to four such YN's. It made it feel like Christmas putting the slabs into envelopes and putting the name and address of the Kids on them!!image
  • I just bought a 1996-W dime off Bill about 15 minutes ago .Joe
  • tttimage
  • I am doing the same with a bunch of my wheaties too. I also have started spending buffalo nickels all over the place. Its funny to watch the people when they see that its not a normal nickel. I even had a woman ask me if it was legal to spend.....haha.

Jacob
    I am the coin man give me your coins!!! You can find me on the web soon at
    http://www.SouthGaCoins.com/
  • Joe your MS68 dime shipped today. Thanks

The top prize in the YN coin giveaway was a 1858 Half Dime PCGS MS64. Now thats a giveaway.......
    Bill

The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
  • flaminioflaminio Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭
    I have a 1982-D Washington Half in my pocket that'll get spent someday. I've also spent a silver Eagle a while back.

Other than that, lots of Sackies...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file