Home U.S. Coin Forum

Need helped

Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.

Comments

• Hehehe........good one, and if you get more than that send the extra my way!
    The Ex-"Crown Jewel" of my collection! 1915 PF68 (NGC) Barber Half "Eliasberg".

Once again resides with Legend, the original purchaser "raw" at live Eliasberg auction. Laura and i "love" the same lady!

• I would guess you would probably need more than that. I am sure that will be one HOT item and a lot of bidding.
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeweluster, that's what you need.

Bwahahaha! image

Actually, the colors on the obverse are neat (too bad they aren't evenly distributed). I don't like the reverse.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • ToneloverTonelover Posts: 1,554
    Might be pretty but can you say "gradeflation"? It's amazing how all these MS-67's and 68's and even 69's are showing up all of a sudden. And interestingly enough, most of them don't look any better than the 65's and 66's I used to see. Guess something has to be done to keep the "pop top" mania going.

I thought there might be some friction on the leg, but it's hard to tell if it's just a toning break as there seems to be on other high points. But I'd be willing to place a large wager that the grade could not be duplicated with any great ease if re-submitted. Selleer got a good score on that one, even though he'll likely end up selling it for less than his current asking price.
  • TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I need $1000 from 30 members. Thank you. Dave >>

Would it be easier to get $30 from 1000 members?

PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • It's not even FH! Geez!image

Well... OK... I'll wire you a grand.
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, all I've got is $150, anyway. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • bozboz Posts: 1,405
    Check's in the mailimage
    The great use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast it--James Truslow Adams
  • airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That brilliant reverse is really uglified by the splotchy brown... I want to see it in person... a 66 may be better for me... the again, I couldn't afford one of those, either image

I'll stick with my toned AU image

Jeremy
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • hookedoncoinshookedoncoins Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭
    How can a coin make MS68 without having a full strike (full head)?

-Jarrett Roberts
  • ms70ms70 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>How can a coin make MS68 without having a full strike (full head)?

-Jarrett Roberts >>

I was thinking the same thing. How could it be possible to have such a huge grade & not be struck as well as
    some SLQ's in the low 60's. Even the shield looks like a weak strike. I wonder if it was a mistake that got out
    of the building at NGC.

Dave- Do you take PayPal? image

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys are BRUTAL !!!!

Dave

PS Yes, I take PayPal image
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • BigD5BigD5 Posts: 3,433
    You've got to admit Dave, that that particular coin doesn't seem to be the sharpest example you've seen.
    SLQ's drive me nuts. Grading them that is. Probably one of the series I have the most trouble with, consistently, to grade.
    Au/58-ms/64 seems to be a crapshoot with the services.
    From the pic, that coin seems attractive, but ms/68? From the scan, I would think not. Maybe the coin is a "monster" in person, and we just aren't getting that with the pic.
    BigD5
    LSCC#1864

Ebay Stuff

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file