Home U.S. Coin Forum

Comments

• dragondragon Posts: 4,548 ✭✭
    I think that one was after the one with the large hologram on the back and light green outlined tag, and before the one that looks just like that one but has the barcode on the tag.

Conder would know better than me however.

dragon
  • kieferscoinskieferscoins Posts: 10,017
    That's a NGC 4.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,874 ✭✭✭
    So the 4 on the CD really doesn't have a green label?
    Which Sample Slab has the green label?
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
    ???
    My book is at home. I can grab it at lunch (1 hour from now). This is a normal NGC 4 slab and not a sample slab.

Cameron Kiefer
    I know it's not a Sample Slab. I want to know which Sample Slab has the green insert.
    I will post the answer in about 1 hour when I get back from lunch.

Cameron Kiefer
    OK, here's what I'm getting at..........
    The Peace at the top of this thread matches Production 3 on the CD. Production 4 has a green label.
    Sample 3 has a green label.
    Production 4 & Sample 4 should be the same type.
    As should Production 3 & Sample 3.
    4s3 is the green label sample slab. I never noticed that before with the difference. Maybe conder can explain it better.

Cameron Kiefer
    All #4 Samples are all tan labels on my CD. #3 is the only green Sample.
    Actually the Peace at the top of the thread doesn't match Production 3 or 4 according to my info because it doesn't have the hot press rev logo of 3 nor the green label of Production 4.
    I cannot properly attribute it and wonder how you did.
    "I cannot properly attribute it and wonder how you did. "

I pulled a green label sample slab and matched it up in the book. Very hard to do since the color is black and white. The updated edition should have the color described before each picture.

Cameron Kiefer
    Interesting. One of us is giving out bad information.
    Not that it matters who, I would like to have the correct information because we should be in total agreement with our attributions.
  • Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536
    I never made any mention of the label or border color for the NGC 3 and 4 slabs since to me they both look like white labels with a tan border and logo. The darkness of the border seems to vary but not by any relationship that I have been able to determine other than USUALLY the border is lighter on the NGC 3 and there is usually a dark rectangular dot in the bottom right corner. But neither of these is universally true. I treated the obverse labels as being the same on both 3 and 4. The differences were on the back with 3 having the hot pressed logo and 4 having the full width hologram. NGC 5 and 6 also has the full width hologram but on 5 they added the barcode and on 6 the insert is now divided with the groove seperating the coin and label areas.

The coin at the start of the thread has a label with a border and logo but no barcode, so it is either NGC 3 or NGC 4. It has the hologram on the back to it is an NGC 4. If there are further subdivisions based on label color someone else will have to document them because one, I literally can't see them, and two, you have to worry about the possibility of color changes over the years as we have on the PCGS 4 slabs.
    OK thanks Conder101. I think I'm slightly less confused now. So the color is irrelevant, disregard the dots and the rev logo is the discerning factor between the 3 & 4?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file