Home U.S. Coin Forum

My toned Walker

GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭
Experimenting with photo vs scanner......whatya think? Photo on the left, scan on the right

Any guesses as to the grade? It's in an NGC holder.

imageimage
imageimage

Comments

• RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    For eye appeal and luster, the photo wins hands down. Scanner picks up more detail, but the image just doesn't do it like the camera shot does. I like that coin. image

Russ, NCNE
  • wingedlibertywingedliberty Posts: 4,805 ✭✭
    I like the scanner better. I would guess MS63, mainly due to the ticks in right field.
    Nice toning!

Brian.
  • fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice rim toning.

MS65?

Paul
  • airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with Russ, but I think the photo can be improved, unlike the scan... the photo looks a bit out of focus, so a few more shots will yield a better image- you've maxed out the quality of a scanner, which shows why cameras are the way to go image

Jeremy
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977
    The photo brings the coin to life. And a nice coin it is. I agree that the scan has more detail but it looks like a corpse. As for a grade I think MS64.
  • RNCHSNRNCHSN Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭
    I agree with Russ!
  • islemanguislemangu Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭
    Your photo seems to capture color and luster better than scanner. Same with me. However your photo is slightly out of focus probably from hand holding movement. You might want to try a tripod and use your auto timer versus your finger pushing the bottom. In this way it is dead still when the film exposure or digital recording occurs. You will be astounded by the difference. Oh...by the way...beautiful walkerimage
    YCCTidewater.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file