Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Conder101: Another new company (old paper insert)

LINK I don't have the book yet, but didn't see it listed on the list given out previously. Do you know about this company?

Cameron Kiefer

Comments

• Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That company is not in the bool... nice find image
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    It's not in the book? Does anyone else have one like this? I just bought it, so it will be a good week until it comes in the mail and I can get better scans of the front and back.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    MrKelsoMrKelso Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭
    It's not in the book? Does anyone else have one like this? I just bought it, so it will be a good week until it comes in the mail and I can get better scans of the front and back.

sure do, have a look

"The silver is mine and the gold is mine,' declares the LORD GOD Almighty."
  • Options
    sorry about the big pic.
    Yours say institute mine says association.

• Options
    Neat. They look almost the same, but it could be two different companies or just one went out of business and another started using the same slab type.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    wayneherndonwayneherndon Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭
    Hmmm, it looks like they are in a plastic flip like holder rather than a hard plastic case. Is this correct MrKelso? Also, judging from MrKelso's pic, I'd say Cameron's pic doesn't even show the coin but rather a photo of the coin.

WH
  • Options

<< <i>Hmmm, it looks like they are in a plastic flip like holder rather than a hard plastic case. Is this correct MrKelso? Also, judging from MrKelso's pic, I'd say Cameron's pic doesn't even show the coin but rather a photo of the coin.

WH >>

Correct The coin is in a flip that is sealed inside a plastic sheet. There is also a writeup on the back of the large flip. I will try to scan the back of the large plastic sheet later and post it up.

• Options
    Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536
    American Grading Association is listed in the book, AGI is new to me. While the certificates are basicly identical it is probably a seperate company. This makes the fifth company reported that uses this style certificate. The five companies are:

American Grading Association located in Carson City NV

American Grading Insitute location unknown until Cameron get his a scans the back of the certificate.

International Coin Grading Service located in Hong Kong

Independant Grading Association located in Atlanta GA. (Front label is different but similar,back is identical to that of the other companies. This is the only one of the five that uses small photos on the card.)

Professional Numismatic Grading Laboratories located in Washinton DC. (Label is different but use of the whole card as photo is the same as AGA, AGI, and ICGS.)

• Options
    Here is a shot of the back, sorry but this was the best i could scan it. a tad blurry

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file