Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Your thoughts on this 1922 Plain Lincoln?

Comments

• Options
    dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭
    average fine

K S
  • Options
    and a genuinely crappy picture...

I don't know all the rules...but from what I learned yesterday, can't tell if it's a "best kind" no D because I can't look for the diagnostics on the obverse
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    In this case your buying plastic with the hope that the coin matches the grade; those pictures stink.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad pictures. I'd stay away. I won't buy a pig in a poke.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    I had an ANACS EF40 that I sent in to PCGS and came back VF35. The original ANACS holder plainly stated, just as the PCGS does now, strong reverse. That coin is probably the weak reverse variety. That said, that coin in the auction will still fetch over $700. The 1922 NO d"s fetch high bucks..... Ken
  • Options
    jeffnpcbjeffnpcb Posts: 1,943
    imageThe color seems to indicate that the coin is porous! The price is already too high for a weak reverse. If you are after it and get it, don't crack it or resubmit!!

I'd wait for a better one with a strong reverse! Make sure it is brown, not chocolate colored, which is an indication of a porous coin. I've been through two that color and they were porous, but the XF-45 Br T-2 is sweet!
    HEAD TUCKED AND ROLLING ALONG ENJOYING THE VIEW! [Most people I know!]

NEVER LET HIPPO MOUTH OVERLOAD HUMMINGBIRD BUTT!!!

WORK HARDER!!!!
    Millions on WELFARE depend on you!
  • Options
    Yes, definitely watch out for porous coins. 1922 had a lot of them. I've had some and seen numerous others.....Ken

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file