Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Wait Times At Grading Services

I know that it now takes about 75 days to get a coin graded at PCGS. Is this true at NGC and ANACS? Anyone know the approximate wait times for those two?

KG

Comments

• Options
    yspsalesyspsales Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL...............

Been averaging about the same for small economy orders.

PSA and Beckett OTOH... nevermind

BST: KindaNewish (3/21/21), WQuarterFreddie (3/30/21), Meltdown (4/6/21), DBSTrader2 (5/5/21) AKA- unclemonkey on Blow Out

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭✭

My last ANACS received 3/8 mailed 4/14

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

You can always see PCGS’s stats here: https://www.pcgs.com/statistics

• Options
    TetromibiTetromibi Posts: 944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 20, 2021 12:49PM

@KevinGlo said:
    I know that it now takes about 75 days to get a coin graded at PCGS. Is this true at NGC and ANACS? Anyone know the approximate wait times for those two?

KG

The top two services are both extremely slow right now for me. No experience with the third.

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭✭✭

PCGS had been fairly quick a month or so ago, starting to really slow down IMO lately.

NGC has been slow for me on everything world and US. 6 months ago, not so bad

PMG super quick , in fact miraculous

I have not sent anything to anacs as of late , so I dont know. I usually dont send much there, being an authorized dealer for ngc and pcgs, anacs costs are no cheaper than the major two, so its pointless.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow.... Old threads resurrecting a lot lately... and this one is 18 years old.....Has more gray hairs than I do... well...not really, but close :D Cheers, RickO

• Options
    jerseycat101jerseycat101 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭✭

I feel like the statistics page is "static". The numbers never change. It would be nice if it were dynamic based on current submission metrics.

Also, another nice potential enhancement to the order details page is "Position in Queue". So while waiting in "QA" for 3 weeks, you could see a "Position in Queue" that gradually decreases as your submission gets closer to finalization.

• Options
    markelman1125markelman1125 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is why I haven’t sent my 1921 peace dollar into conservation, a big part is the paperwork but another is long wait times.

• Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jerseycat101 said:
    I feel like the statistics page is "static". The numbers never change. It would be nice if it were dynamic based on current submission metrics.

Also, another nice potential enhancement to the order details page is "Position in Queue". So while waiting in "QA" for 3 weeks, you could see a "Position in Queue" that gradually decreases as your submission gets closer to finalization.

The problem with this is when a big auction house order comes in and cuts in front of you, it will be more obvious than our host cares it to be. You'll be saying "Why have I been at position 20 for 2 weeks?"

• Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭✭✭

Go over to the Trading Card Forum for a reality check. PSA hasn't accepted submissions since
    April 1. They hope to resume sometime in July. Collectors that submitted last July are still waiting.
    Some even longer.

• Options
    ModwriterModwriter Posts: 330 ✭✭✭

The turn around time for grading is iridiculous. I agree that the online auction houses and coin stores could be bulk submitting and cutting in line. Look at the low opening bids and prices for certified coins. Exhibit A.

• Options
    ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 23, 2021 9:59AM

I've got a one-coin express crossover submission that was entered on 4/1. After taking likely a week to enter grading, it has now been in "encapsulation" for at least 6 business days. I'm enough of a pessimist to think this delay indicates the opposite from my hoped-for result. Adding insult to injury, the coin will did not cross and will not need a physical crackout, just a DNC and a (conceptual) postage stamp. "Encapsulation" is just another room in the "Hotel California".

Like I do myself, that 09-O $5 just enjoys doing nothing making me no money while I continue to hear the same reason (excuse?) many companies are now using to justify a degradation of services "since the pandemic has slowed everything down".

"You are now the 85th caller in line. If you would like to have a call back later, let us know so we can get back to you when you are likely away from your desk and don't have your paperwork in hand". >:)

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file