Home U.S. Coin Forum

I guess this means 'good-bye' ??

I received this email a little while ago. Anybody else?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear PCGS message board user:

As you are probably aware the PCGS message boards have gone downhill in the
last few months. The good coin talk that we all learned from has been
replaced with personal feuds, submission results, talk about modern pocket
change, dealer bashing, look at this Ebay auction, pro-PCGS babble that is
orchestrated from inside the company, shameless Set Registry promotions, and
off-topic posts that go unchecked by the administrators.

If you are as tired of this as I and many others are there is good news. The
NGC message boards http://boards.collectors-society.com are full of coin
talk. None of the junk that has ruined the PCGS message boards. They are
filled with insightful coin discussions and input from the NGC staff and
expert graders. Most of the knowledgeable posters from the PCGS message
boards have moved over to the NGC message boards.

Come visit us, unless you like talking about how many points a 2002(d) State
Quarter in PCGS MS66 should get in the Set Registry or enjoy the personal
attacks on fellow forum members and dealers.

Sincerely,

Fan of NGC

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image

Comments

• DCAMFranklinDCAMFranklin Posts: 2,862 ✭✭
    Too funny! image
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Help STOP SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE* >>

Interesting signature line in that eMail.

Russ, NCNE
  • rwhiterwhite Posts: 326
    wow... funny how 'Fan of NGC' doesnt have the guts to sign the letter with a real name!
    -Ryan-
  • I guess that means that since I collect and market moderns that I am not welcome at the NGC boards. I guess that also means that I should never be proud of good submission reusults after I have worked very hard to find choice coins - and I shouldn't share my joy with others. I guess that means that since I like PCGS and I like working with them that means I'm not cut out for or good enough for the NGC boards.
  • LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    More PCGs boards for me!

More dumb members like me for me!
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭
    No private invitation for meimage
  • BlackhawkBlackhawk Posts: 3,897 ✭✭✭
    There was a thread on the NGC forum a couple of days ago that included some talk of getting some of the members of the CU forum and some from Numisaddict to come over to NGC.

As for me, I frequent all three and enjoy all of them. There are some of things stated that I don't particularly go along with on all forums, and just like in "real life", I let most of it go in one ear and out the other and try not to get my hackels up.

This just leaves me with one question...when all the knowledgable people (of which, apparently I am not one) leave, do I have to start collecting state quarters?image

Signed,
    Coin Forum Wallflowerimage
    "Have a nice day!"
  • coinlieutenantcoinlieutenant Posts: 9,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont know if you guys like my posts or not, but I'm sticking around.

All the feuds are entertaining. More ANGER!!!!!!!!
  • PeetiePeetie Posts: 627 ✭✭
    How many points would an MS66 2002 (d) State Quarter bring on the registry set? image
  • cladkingcladking Posts: 28,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These boards have been damaged by several knowledgeable posters now
    posting exclusively across the street, but it's far too early to write them off.
    There has been an improvement since the darkest days in March. With luck
    there will be at least a partial return of most of those who left. While the
    banned members are unlikely to regain their old user names and post counts,
    and no doubt some would understandably be unlikely to return, even they
    could post.

The fact remains that this site has more members, more experience, and more
    interesting topics than any other site on the web.

Tempus fugit.
  • MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    Go to the Kingdom of Sleep, "By the Gods no!!!"
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• NumisEdNumisEd Posts: 1,336
    MadMarty, you are part of this “thing” aren’t you? At least you are being honest.
  • mrdqmrdq Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭
    this post on the NGC forum is so far above this one in what way?

"How do you tell politely the stupid posters to stay on the PCGS forum?"

I read all three AND RCC. You can sort the stuff you want to read from your version of drivel and keep learning without having to chose one over the other.

--------T O M---------

-------------------------
  • TonekillerTonekiller Posts: 1,308 ✭✭
    Unfortunately the post does have some truth to it. Sad but true. Look at the current threads and count how many are actually about coin and just coins.
  • dragondragon Posts: 4,548 ✭✭
    nevermind

<< <i>Unfortunately the post does have some truth to it. Sad but true. Look at the current threads and count how many are actually about coin and just coins. >>

Yep.

• << <i>Unfortunately, the post has some truth to it. >>

Yes, shamefuly, it does image
  • BIGDAVEBIGDAVE Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭
    submission results, talk about modern pocket
    change, dealer bashing, look at this Ebay auction, pro-PCGS babble

I enjoy seeing submission results, i love modern pocket change, if the dealer deserves bashing then Bash away, the Ebay police here are fantastic, and i only buy ngc Because they are cheap and i crack them and get them properly Graded by the # 1 grading service Pcgs
    of which i am a Proud Member

David
  • nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    I'm on both here and there. Both boards have something different. But the talk isn't always about coins over there, either. And both boards have things I really don't like about them and things I do like about them. But I do get tired of the same old complaints, which appear on both boards.

<< <i>Unfortunately the post does have some truth to it. Sad but true. Look at the current threads and count how many are actually about coin and just coins. >>

A clear cut example

Link

Trailer trash immaturity. image
  • AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    I have to admit I found it sort of sadly humorous to me. First and foremost that someone should feel it necessary to contact me anonymously in "cloak and dagger" style. I have to wonder if it's someone who really even knows me. The anonymous messenger seems oblivious to the the fact that I am a Dark Side, much less the difference between the Dark Side and the Liteside.

I don't see the need to "convert" -- why should I not be on both, should I desire? Many of my friends are active on both. I actually am registered there and do check the NGC forum from time to time (when I have time), but their equivalent of the Dark Side is a pale shadow of the one here. In any case, I don't have the time to work two or three boards. I have to have time for a life too. image
    Askari

• vam44vam44 Posts: 291

<< <i>I received this email a little while ago. Anybody else?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dear PCGS message board user:

If you are as tired of this as I and many others are there is good news. The
    NGC message boards http://boards.collectors-society.com are full of coin
    talk. None of the junk that has ruined the PCGS message boards. They are
    filled with insightful coin discussions and input from the NGC staff and
    expert graders. Most of the knowledgeable posters from the PCGS message
    boards have moved over to the NGC message boards.

Come visit us, unless you like talking about how many points a 2002(d) State
    Quarter in PCGS MS66 should get in the Set Registry or enjoy the personal
    attacks on fellow forum members and dealers.

Sincerely,

Fan of NGC >>

Yeah, check out the "water cooler" for some real insightful discussions.imageimage
    A dealer once asked me if I noticed any three-legged buffalos on the bourse,to which I replied,"...no,but I saw alot of two-legged jackasses..."
  • mrdqmrdq Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭
    wait a minute... i'm not being courted...

--------T O M---------

-------------------------
  • AskariAskari Posts: 3,713

<< <i>wait a minute... i'm not being courted... >>

If only you were a little more ... you know ... 'funkadelic'. image
    Askari

• Wow greg etc. are really ramping up their efforts....

Actually, though I could care less, there isn't much action over there and I don't have time to
    read ALL the coin boards, anyway.

• So, who really gives a hoot-owl where you really drag your silly butt to!!! I've visited that little NGC site a few times to see what was up, and nothing but sleepyville.
    Its just another one of those children that has to "announce" their departure.........Ken
  • The letter was out of place. But saying that, the NGC Message Boards have become a close 2nd to PCGS and there's a lot of good info being posted over there. What HRH has done is help make the NGC Board a much more relevent board. The amount of posts over there have quadrupled since HRH started removing people from this board. He has boosted NGC reputation greatly, I don't think he was aware that he was playing into the competition hands when he started banning some of the prominent PCGS message boards. These people have garnered a following and many now post on both boards.

I've seen many postng on both boards. Lucy has 4936 posts at NGC in the past 3 weeks, would have been more, but she's now posting on both boards- Just Kidding.
    PCGS sets under The Thomas Collections. Modern Commemoratives @ NGC under "One Coin at a Time". USMC Active 1966 thru 1970" The real War.
  • and this thread is productive? Sorry, but I think there is more common sense on this board, book smarts do no good without it!
    You can fool man but you can't fool God! He knows why you do what you do!
  • He has boosted NGC reputation greatly

What reputation? To tell you the truth, I dont know how they stay in business! The other side is as dead as their tables at LongBeach!
    You can fool man but you can't fool God! He knows why you do what you do!
  • Mrah! Interesting.......
  • llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Mrah! Interesting....... >>

Good to see you've made it back to 2003, only two more years to go. Let us know if you find anything else interesting you'd like to bring back to life! image
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • sonoranmonsoonsonoranmonsoon Posts: 2,078 ✭✭
    If he does not like the way PCGS forum members post, why in the world would he want us to polute his wonderful NGC site?
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm staying here.....

.....that is unless they offer me a BU 1909S-VDB, then I might reconsider. image
  • notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    8 yrs. That may be the oldest thread bump I've ever seen. --Jerry
  • SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭
    Since I participated in this thread back in 2003, I find it interesting in seeing the names of other participants back then who are no longer here. Otherwise, this thread is trash. Steveimage
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The OP of this thread was a significant contributor of value and is missed. Cheers, RickO
  • roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never did get that original e-mail. Darn, 8 yrs wasted here. image

Sounds like Blutarski.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't you mean Senator BLUTARSKI?imageimage

Or whatever the correct spelling is for those that check

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The OP of this thread was a significant contributor of value and is missed. Cheers, RickO >>

Funny...the OP of this thread's last visit was May 17, 2011...just a few weeks ago.
    I'll come up with something.
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>The OP of this thread was a significant contributor of value and is missed. Cheers, RickO >>

Funny...the OP of this thread's last visit was May 17, 2011...just a few weeks ago. >>

The OP of the thread wasn't the originator of the message; it was sent to him by someone else.
  • llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Funny...the OP of this thread's last visit was May 17, 2011...just a few weeks ago. >>

The OP of the thread wasn't the originator of the message; it was sent to him by someone else. >>

The OP is a darksider and is still a prolific poster on the darkside.
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, ya know it the coins and only the coins is why I'm around. I like this forum and the one ATS I find insight on both. My loyalty is with the coins I collect and love, this is why I'm here, period. If folks did not repond to the "off topic" posts then there would be no problem at all. Lets get it right......
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • mozeppamozeppa Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭
    8+ year old thread.
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't get one either. I'll stay here just the same anyway.

NGC doesn't have anything to offer as far as I'm concerned.
  • crypto79crypto79 Posts: 8,623
    Holy Golly Thread resurrection Batman!?!!

It is funny how the more things change the more the stay the same. It it also reminds me what a tool Ken (ksteelheader) was
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,470 ✭✭✭✭
    Big Resurrection.

Unfortunately, every message board eventually sinks to the level described in the OP until the moderators step in.

A successful message board must be made up of people that WANT to participate and respect the rules along with others.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Askari was/is a darksider. He was very and informatively active on the Open Forum, until its demise. Sharp guy.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file