Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Neat 1793 Half Cent

Here's a great coin that passed through my hands today, a lovely 1793 Half Cent grading PCGS XF-45, Breen 3. Kind of neat in that it's the first regular issue US coin listed in the Red Book, and of course a first year issue and one year type. Nice medium brown, non-porous surfaces, just a really nice state of preservation and a definite trip back through time. image

Comments

• Options
    mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭
    Man, that is a beauty. Great color. Choice coin. Someone is happy with their new coin. mdwoods
    National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.
  • Options
    stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mean that coin hasn't made it through NCS yet? Well give it some time. I'll bet my comment upset your ulcer didn't it?
    Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • Options
    ToneloverTonelover Posts: 1,554
    Stman, you're way too funny. How did you know we were going to send it to NCS? image
  • Options
    stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>How did you know we were going to send it to NCS? >>

Hey great, I knew they could "FIX" it.
    Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a sweet coin... and a truly choice example!
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    NumisEdNumisEd Posts: 1,336
    I don't often say nice things to anyone, but that's a beauty. Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    GeminiGemini Posts: 3,085
    A great coin I wish I had it.
    A thing of beauty is a joy for ever
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a really nice coin. It beats the dickens out mine.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    ANACONDAANACONDA Posts: 4,692
    Unusually good strike on the reverse.
  • Options
    keithdagenkeithdagen Posts: 2,025
    Wow, that's a great coin for the grade.
    Keith ™

• Options
    dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭
    it's a top-end vf (eac grade), worth xf+ retail money

K S

Leave a Comment