Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Star Grading Service. It even comes with a certificate of authenticity

Is this new? First I've seen these, anyone else seen these before?

SGS
US Navy CWO3 retired. 12/81-09/04

Looking for PCGS AU58 Washington's, 32-63.

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Double Red X'es.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    hookedoncoinshookedoncoins Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭
    MS70!??????

Tell me all that crap in the fields is on the plastic.

-Jarrett Roberts
  • Options
    BikingnutBikingnut Posts: 3,369 ✭✭✭
    It has to be an MS70, the certificate says so!image
    US Navy CWO3 retired. 12/81-09/04

Looking for PCGS AU58 Washington's, 32-63.
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    MS-70 refers to 70 marks on the coin.image
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    Even ACG would not give that crap coin a 70!image
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536
    It's been around since shortly after the first of the year, too late to have made it into the first edition. (So far I have 1 company and about 8 or 9 varieties to add for the second edition.) So far I have seen two versions of SGS slabs. They come with either white or black inserts but I have not found any reason for the different inserts. Their use may just be random but I tend to see a lot more black inserts than I do white ones.
  • Options
    What I don't understand is the "relationship" between the two PR67 1937 Quarters and this PRISTINE MS70 in value.
  • Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who was the genius that came up with the Certificate of Authenticity idea? Why would someone who was skeptical about the coin not be skeptical about the damn Certificate of Authenticity? It's even easier to fake that piece of paper than it is the coin.

I think it's like the "no hassel sale" pricing that car dealerships do where they just list their
    "best" price on the window of the car and you're suddenly not supposed to feel the need to haggle.

I'll tell you why: because people are idiots and it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file