Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Quarterly Collectors Club Coin Special

Good afternoon everyone.

Tomorrow starts a new quarter so we need a new quarterly special for our gold and platinum members.
All packages must be postmarked between April 1st and June 30th.
If you have any questions about the special, please contact customer service.

Carol

Oh, that magic Carson City mintmark! It brings back the history of the American West, the Comstock Lode and times when coins were made out of silver and gold. For the second quarter special of 2003 (April 1-June 30) Collectors Club members may submit one Carson City coin of any denomination for FREE grading and authentication by the PCGS experts.. All you have to pay for is the postage. Each coin will be handled through the Regular Service, which takes 15 business days

Comments

• Options
    Awesome carol! I have a neat 1870's CC seated half ready to go. Hopefully a FR-02!image

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭
    Awesome carol! I have a neat 1870's CC seated half ready to go. Hopefully a FR-02!

Cameron, I suspect Braddick will hijack that package once it is slabbed.image
    National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.
  • Options
    dragondragon Posts: 4,548 ✭✭
    Good deal!!!! I've been a Platinum member for quite some time now, and I never even knew about these quarterly freebies. Now that I know....I like it!!

dragon
  • Options
    I am somewhat perplexed by this! I am a new platinum club member, but have no idea what this announcement is about. Could someone please fill me in?..............Ken
  • Options
    Carol, I bet your eyes are tired. Been a lot of reading today? image

Pennies make dollars, and dollars make slabs!

....inflation must be kicking in again this dollar says spend by Dec. 31 2004!

Erik
  • Options
    PeetiePeetie Posts: 627 ✭✭
    Do you need to submit this on a special invoice? Is it subject to any minimums?
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    You submit a regular invoice with a "Regular" submission service level. You put the coin on that (and you can add others) and be sure to clearly mark over and over which one is the free one (that matches the quarterly submission requirement). This is because sometimes the invoice people go on automatic and do not realize you had a quarterly submission on the form and charge you anyway and you have to go back and get a credit.

Neil
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    Thought I should add that I didn't have a problem. I marked VERY clearly what the quarterly one was for me. But I have read posts from people who had the problem I mentioned.
  • Options
    PeetiePeetie Posts: 627 ✭✭
    Thanks Neil
  • Options
    nwcs and Pettie:

Please do not include the quarterly coin with other coins.
    The coin must be on it's own submission form.

I understand that in the past, operations has tried to accommodate people who have done this, but it slows down processing for everyone.
    I spoke with our operations manager and he explained that when an order is sent in in this manner, and it's accommodated, it slows the processing time down.
    While the coin is processed under the Regular Service level, it is a different service type and there should only be one service type per invoice.

Carol
  • Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the word and clarification Carol!
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    Carol,

How is this affected by the 10 coin minimum?

Dan
  • Options
    Great Question Abe! image

It's not because there is a one coin max on this service and Regular Service never had a min.
    Also, you may have missed it, but the 10 coin min were reduced (by popular demand) to a 5 coin min. last week.

• Options
    So wheres the savings? Charrrrllliieeeeee.......image
    You can fool man but you can't fool God! He knows why you do what you do!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file