Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

This Weekend's Flame-WARS are cancelled

It was only ever intended to be a light-hearted stab at the tendency to fight on discussion boards.

Some folks "get it," while some prefer a more dour existence. I'll defend to the death their right to be boring.

My take on it is that raising the awareness of the stupidity of flame-wars reduced their incidence. Others will disagree, and that's certainly their right. I for one, HATE flame-wars. That was the whole purpose of the thread, since my understanding was that alot of people feel the same way.

In any event - someone else will have to take up this "torch." I've always maintained that life is full of enough negativity - and it's nice to find a place where you can let your hair down and have some fun once in awhile.

We return you to your regularly-scheduled program of coins. Nothing but coins, no pets, no war, no family, no humor - where buyers and seller psychically contact one another... etc.

Comments

• Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    PCGS turnaround time or Dorkkarls liver works for me!!!
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    Some people suck?

dwood

"France said this week they need more evidence to convince them Saddam is a threat. Yeah, last time France asked for more evidence it came rollin thru Paris with a German Flag on it." -Dave Letterman
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    How about why HRH won't respond to questions on fingerprints? (No good that's coin related.)

How about whether DCAMfranklin and LucyBop are actually the same person? (No too interesting.)

How about anthing related to the war? (Yes, conservatives for, liberals against, and Bear as referee; starts 0600 Saturday.)
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    jbstevenjbsteven Posts: 6,178
    how about something on the "Please hold the coin to the phone so I can get a better look"

this has got to be one of the best remarks I have heard in a long time.
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭

<< <i>How about whether DCAMfranklin and LucyBop are actually the same person? (No too interesting.) >>

How about if DCAMfranklin and LucyBop are planning to shoot Bear, take his jelly donuts and start a hot and heavy love affair!!!image
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    wingedlibertywingedliberty Posts: 4,805 ✭✭
    Marty's milk bone underwear.

Brian.
  • Options
    mbbikermbbiker Posts: 2,873
    I'm a Coin docotor (see coin below)
  • Options
    " How stupid is this FT designation idea for Roosies ??"
  • Options
    Will the new California State Quarter design get a Full Asparagus Tip (or FAT) designation?! image
  • Options
    How about we talk about how much money dealers make off of collectors in this forum?

And that the only reason alot of them post EVERY DAY is to keep their name out here and to provide a link to their website or E-Bay offerings?

This must be a gold mine for them....Free advertising to 8000 coin collectors.

So dealers, how much $$$ DO (have) you made on here? Bet it pays off really really well
    Toast on
  • Options
    how about the direct link between elitism and bad spelling? image
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather did, as opposed to screaming in terror like his passengers."
  • Options
    jeffnpcbjeffnpcb Posts: 1,943
    imageHow about JDAMS and MOAB's so we will have a good idea of what FULL TORCH really should look like!
    HEAD TUCKED AND ROLLING ALONG ENJOYING THE VIEW! [Most people I know!]

NEVER LET HIPPO MOUTH OVERLOAD HUMMINGBIRD BUTT!!!

WORK HARDER!!!!
    Millions on WELFARE depend on you!
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    PCGS certifying dorkkarl's liver and him calling it AT!

• Options
    WWWWWW Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭
    This one should do the trick:

I Know More About Everything Than Anyone Else
  • Options
    BIGDAVEBIGDAVE Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭
    France and how they are cowards
  • Options
    Will being someone has already started it for me Truthteller - how about ways to piss off a Navy Chief before he has had his morning coffee ( for any of you Military or ex Millitary types you will Know what I'm talking about ). To bad I won't be on the computer this weekend.

PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN
    U S Navy Retired 22 years - ENC(SW) Ret. - Travling Nuclear Maintanence Contractor - Working Indian Point Nuclear plant Buchanan New York

">Franklin Halves
    ">Kennedy Halves
  • Options
    GeomanGeoman Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭
    How about nothing!!! Why do we always have to have these wars. Here is novel idea.... let's talk about coins.

Maybe if everyone has so much time for these flame wars, you all go to the "chat room" and do it there. I usually won't even log on on Friday's anymore, as it is a waste of time trying to navigate through all the flame treads. I, for one, will be glad I am out of town at a coin show this weekend. Instead of "flaming" others, I will be spending the day looking at coins.

Later!
  • Options
    It's a joke... just like most of the flame-wars.

Lighten up a little already - life's too short.

The entire thing has been about poking fun at the stupidity in which we inevitably engage. I don't for a moment believe that anyone's response to the thread has been about anything but playing along with laughing at ourselves. Since doing this thread, the flame-wars have subsided dramatically. I suppose we could just go back to the way it was however.
  • Options
    How about an update from Swimmer on his toned Morgans and whether they have been bagged by PCGS? That would be a "hot" topic for the weekend...
  • Options
    I guess Geoman would rather read 400 posts about full torch Roosies
  • Options
    Why reinvent the flame? Do like Hollywood does and have a flame sequel.

Past successes or controversies:
    -BM Vultures
    -Done deals
    -AT
    -Breen & Pedophiles
    -Gillio's alleged theft
    -Who has multiple CU accounts
  • Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, I'm ready for the weekend! I'm going to flame with my FULL TORCH:

Doug
  • Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or if it really gets bad, I'll break out the napalm dragon

Doug
  • Options
    DCAMFranklinDCAMFranklin Posts: 2,862 ✭✭
    How about censorship? image
  • Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    You might want to read HomeRunHall's post.
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭

<< <i>How about whether DCAMfranklin and LucyBop are actually the same person? >>

Darn, busted!
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    DCAMFranklinDCAMFranklin Posts: 2,862 ✭✭
    Be Bop A Lula !!
  • Options
    Now THAT'S FUNNY

buwaaaaaah! image
  • Options
    I like different topics also - but in the open forum. When I want to talk about coins I come to the coin forum.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    I was overly harsh with Mr. Kiefer - for which I offer my apologies.
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems the weekends have actually been getting quieter. It is threads like
    this and Coinguy's and Bear's attention to these things which have led to more
    "decorum on the forum". If you don't believe it's quieter than just revue Clank-
    eye's synopses for the last few months.

It's likely not the troll attacks OR the troll toastings that our hosts are most con-
    cerned about anyway. Go back and read Homerunhalls post.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
  • Options
    I have come to the conclusion that I know less about everthing than everyone in the world.......image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file